Ray Emery

pilldoc

Coach Craig Berube said Emery was pulled because he had an "issue" but would not elaborate.

"Something didn't feel right," said Emery, who would not be specific.

Would anyone like to speculate here?  Injury? Poor Play? Attitude? All the above?

Edited by pilldoc

I hope they start Heeter. It's not like the Flyers win Saturday afternoon games anyway. Let's see what he's got.

Yes they need to play him today or tomorrow so they know if they can count on him to back Mason up next year or not so play him so he can get a look, yet they'll need morethan one game from him to know no better time than now.

Greetings:

I thought he might start the third today to give experience and jump start the squad. 

My gut says Emery's days as a Flyer are nearing an end. He is too costly to have as a backup, he is not a 1A, and we might be seeing physical deterioration.

Howie

Greetings:

I thought he might start the third today to give experience and jump start the squad. 

My gut says Emery's days as a Flyer are nearing an end. He is too costly to have as a backup, he is not a 1A, and we might be seeing physical deterioration.

Howie

Howie,

Emery injured himself last game, and was not dressed. Heeter was the backup today.

My thinking was there's no chance Heeter sees time in such an important game if the Flyers are still within striking distance. Good thing they stuck with Mason :)

I would like to see what Heeter can do, though. Maybe he'll get a chance soon.

• Like 1

Brelic:

Good to hear from you. 

It might be nice to see if this organization could develop a goalie...heck, even a backup. I have to think that at some the goalies in Adirondack reckon they exist to be cut loose. Other than Nitty, I can't even remember someone we called up other than Little for a game or too. I don't even remember if Bobo spent time in the minors.

Peace,

Howie

Not to toot my own horn, but the fact remains, if I was GM, we would have Khudobin for just over a mill, who would be pushing Mason big time. Now the Canes will never let him go and he's poised to steal Cam Ward's job moving forward. This guy would have looked great in O&B. He probably signs a 4 year deal for 8-10 mill or so.....ah, the woulda, coulda...shoulda....ha ha. One of the best pure bang for young buck guy in the entire league. I knew he was great watching him back up Rask ...got to see him play 4 games last year, all of which convinced me he was a legit 1 goalie.