A good rant regarding James Neal

Irishjim

from 

A quick hockey thought, & bias hatred aside: the pressure is on Lemieux to give James Neal a talking-to (or ultimatum) like he did to Cooke years back. Mario can't preach from his soapbox, throwing the League's name under the bus in 2011 while allowing Neal's antics to continue representing his organization 3-years later. It's textbook hypocrisy. It's shameful, and laughable. Enough already.

??... looked like a cross check to the head to me... a fairly light one, but still a direct blow to the head.

Neal is a moron.  Apparently his own recent head trauma hasn't done anything to deter his habit of being dirty. 

I know I wouldn't want giroux getting hit up high like that.

Really?  Someone posted about that?  Honestly, I was expecting something egregious, not some minor league run of the mill face wash.  Nothing to see here.  Move along.

rux rub your eyes its a clear shot to the head..very similar to the 2 hits on cooter...sorry the dude has a history for just this so worthy of a post...carry on

I thought you were simply reporting on someone else's post. If so, it was a worthwhile post for discussion. I meant no offense to you.

I see the hit to the head clearly. I just don't think it's that big a deal. I realize it's Neal, who is a puke (I may have to take a shower after defending anything that guy does), but if it's anyone else I really don't think twice about it.

But in and of itself, not really a big deal to me.

He was penalized, and he didn't take the guy's head off like he could have.  Radio didn't do it much justice other than Phil Bourque saying it was a dirty shot he shouldn't have taken.  Said it could have been a lot worse, but it's the right call for the cross check.  No video found though.  Your link is broken and nothing on You Tube.  

Definitely a cheap shot but it was Neal so I am not surprised. Flagrant,no and a 2 minute penalty is fair. His penchant for head shots though is going to end up with him getting his own bell rung if he continues to play like he is. Flyers fans have harped on him and his antics for years so anything said about him here will be construed as "sour grapes".

Crosscheck to the head, plain and simple. Nasty shot.

A bit later Jokinen rode into the corner with Sheahan and when Sheahen went down Jokinen cross checked him while down on the ice several times drawing a penalty.

Kunitz drew a penalty about this time for a similar offense, I heard one announcer call it slew footing, I didn't really see that but at the least he took his man down in a way that was simply over the top and worthy of a penalty.

What all these penalties had in common is all were unnecessary and away from the flow of the play.

THEN the Penguins woke up and scored 3 goals in two minutes. An immensely talented team that gives no quarter in any corner of the ice. Truth be told I wish the Wings would play like this just one season, lol. It is easy to put the black hat on the Penguins and frankly they seem to revel in it, it suits them to a tee.

Neal is a dirty rotten bastard and he could play for me any time. He is fun to hate, the head shots are unnecessary but short of that I actually like watching him play.

Edited by yave1964
  • Like 1

@ruxpin

He's talented though. Really talented. Why act that way? When I see him again ill ask him.

He's got a shot. Really talented? The guy rides on Malkins talent.. When he goes down with injury Neals goals dry up. And he's a headhunting douchebag.

He's got a shot. Really talented? The guy rides on Malkins talent.. When he goes down with injury Neals goals dry up. And he's a headhunting douchebag.

He's a 30 goal scorer give or take without Malkin. 40+ with him. That's still talented in my book.

Edited by Polaris922

No problem with that. Hope somebody important gives him a lecture though. It's getting old.

Not for nothing, but I have a hell of a lot of respect for your saying that about a guy on your team who produces as he does.

Not for nothing, but I have a hell of a lot of respect for your saying that about a guy on your team who produces as he does.

It's just crap hockey. Neal has all the attributes of a good power forward. Size, strength, desire, and a helluva shot. He needs to play more physical within the rules of the game. He's an all star caliber winger, playing like a douchebag caliber goon sometimes. I hate it. I hate watching it. He hangs out at a bar down the road from where I'm sitting right now. I'm half tempted to see if he's there and tell him about it. Doubt I could get through the sea of gold diggers though...

Edited by Polaris922

Sorry, been driving all day.  My take on this?  I wish they would have suspended him instead of fining him pocket change for a professional athlete.    He needs to learn a lesson, and this will teach him nothing.  He's been suspended in the past, they need to increase his suspensions until he get the message.   I like him and his skills, I do NOT like what he does with these over the edge plays.

I don't care if you consider him a star or not, stupid is as stupid does, and this kind of thing does not belong in hockey.

Edited by nossagog

Sorry, been driving all day.  My take on this?  I wish they would have suspended him instead of fining him pocket change for a professional athlete.    He needs to learn a lesson, and this will teach him nothing.  He's been suspended in the past, they need to increase his suspensions until he get the message.   I like him and his skills, I do NOT like what he does with these over the edge plays.

I don't care if you consider him a star or not, stupid is as stupid does, and this kind of thing does not belong in hockey.

I agree 100 percent! Neal was suspended for 5 games earlier this year for kneeing Marchand in the head. He should have had an I person hearing and been gone for 6 or more games.

@nossagog

@AlaskaFlyerFan

The excuse would be it was accidental and he was aiming for the shoulder. I have no problem with the 5k as it fits the bill for consistency with similar calls across the league. And in fairness Legwand has no history and made a more egregious offense but got the same fine so even up.

I just hope Lemieux or somebody spanks him.

He's a 30 goal scorer give or take without Malkin. 40+ with him. That's still talented in my book.

He's scored over 27 once and it was 40. Never 40+.WITH Malkin.

Rinaldo is a 30 goal scorer give or take without Giroux. Does this make Hartnell talented? :huh:

How do you have a history of headshots, (even though the league pretended some of them didn't happen), and NOT get suspended for yet another headshot?

@flyercanuck

I'm as disgusted by his methods as anybody. But, last season's pace would've put him over 40 hence my comment, and he's been on pace for 30+ without Malkin. Yeah he got 27 as a high without him, but I think he's gotten better since his second season don't you?

And let's revisit the Rinaldo comment when he gets close to 30. I think most retirement residences have WiFi so we should be good ;)

I think the league looked at this and were soft, I agree. But we've beaten the star players defense to death. We all know its business.

Edited by Polaris922