any chance the Flyers win today?

mng815

I will be rooting hard for our boys today but the Bruins are just down right scary good. No weaknesses.The optimist in me says 4-3 Flyers. But the realist in me says 4-2 Bruins. Can someone convince me that we can win today?

I'm a fan, but I've got nothing to help you. The Bs have Philly's number, lunch money, and girl.

The Flyers can't out agitate or hit the Bs, and both teams know it. I expect a physically challenging game. If Philly wins, it's on Mason.

Hope the Flyers pull it off and surprise me though.

• Like 1

While Mason made some nice saves and a couple of beauties, the second and third Boston goals were weak ones that he should have had and of course you knew Mez was going to score because all former players have to score on the Flyers.

Edited by Samifan
  • Like 1

Great effort and game by the Flyers. Rask stole that one for the Bs. Nice to know we can play with them, especially in the physicality dept. Mason had a solid game other than that 3rd goal. Figures Mez would score today. Did Vinnie wake up today for playoffs?

Should have won. Mase killed us with goals 2 and 3. Great intensity by our boys in 3rd period and OT. Screw the shootout. Fans and atmosphere have been intense since the pens home and home weekend.

Edited by Poulin20

Yeah, good to know they can compete.  Can they win in 7 games??  not yet convinced.  I really, really don't want to see the rags 1st round though, not so much because I fear the outcome, but because it'll be 20x more boring than todays game, which was fun to watch.

Greetings:

I agree that Mase was not in Rask's league today. I think was Mase was very good despite a softee. But Rask was elite. 

I also think we need a sniper. That's for SO as well. Giroux may be our sole "Putting the Fear of God" in the opposition player. We need another.

But the O and B showed grit. Berube is putting his mark on the team.  O

One other observation: I am almost fearful of Kimmo retiring. He is a glue back there. Who will take his place?

Considering where we started, the team has made progress. But playing the likes of San Jose or Boston reminds you we need some work. But there is a foundation. I didn't feel that way last year.

Best,

Howie

Should have won. Mase killed us with goals 2 and 3. Great intensity by our boys in 3rd period and OT. Screw the shootout. Fans and atmosphere have been intense since the pens home and home weekend.

I been to 3 games recently the Penguins, Blackhawks, and Bruins, the atmosphere is awesome, It is so fun to attend a game where you know your team has the effort and intensity to take a game to OT.  I thought the game had a lot of hurried and missed passes.  I thought the Bruins out worked us on our PP chances. It was disappointing when they couldn't score on the 5 on 3.  Vinny had a great game and deserved the #1 star for Flyer fans, for the Bruin Fans Rask with his 52 saves.  

I been to 3 games recently the Penguins, Blackhawks, and Bruins, the atmosphere is awesome, It is so fun to attend a game where you know your team has the effort and intensity to take a game to OT.  I thought the game had a lot of hurried and missed passes.  I thought the Bruins out worked us on our PP chances. It was disappointing when they couldn't score on the 5 on 3.  Vinny had a great game and deserved the #1 star for Flyer fans, for the Bruin Fans Rask with his 52 saves.

Those were 3 of the best ones this month! I was at all 3 as well. The kings game had the intensity too from the fans but we lost. The leafs game was surprisingly subdued for a Friday night but still fun. I can't go to the next 2 but will be in the house for the last game of the season on the 13th. If only we could get the fans to sing the lets go flyers chant right I would be totally happy with our crowd. BTW did you win anything for fan appreciation day? My section won free long sleeve flyers t-shirts.

Yeah not scoring on the 5 on 3 was the game but Mase should have had at least that 3rd goal.

Those were 3 of the best ones this month! I was at all 3 as well. The kings game had the intensity too from the fans but we lost. The leafs game was surprisingly subdued for a Friday night but still fun. I can't go to the next 2 but will be in the house for the last game of the season on the 13th. If only we could get the fans to sing the lets go flyers chant right I would be totally happy with our crowd. BTW did you win anything for fan appreciation day? My section won free long sleeve flyers t-shirts.

Yeah not scoring on the 5 on 3 was the game but Mase should have had at least that 3rd goal.

Mase should have had at least that 3rd goal.

I would argue the Chara goal as well. I can't blame him too much because he also stole goals. The Chara one was hard for me because everyone knew what was coming. Bergeon, should have had that too (only because it was a bad angle. But to have a Chara beat you like that on your door step is weak. 

@Vanflyer

ONLY Chara was scoring that goal on Mason in that instance...with his long stick and reach. I thought he had the net covered well, and it was just a good goal. Bergerons he should have had, though Timonen seemed to give up on him in the end and let him shoot.

@hf101

@Poulin20

Off topic, but did either of you guys happen to notice if #10 Desean Jackson was still hanging from the side of the Linc?  I went to Friday's game and there was a crane parked a short distance away... I was wondering if they jumped all over getting that banner down as quickly as possible.

Back to the Bruins' game:  Both Mason and Timmonen could have done a better job on goals 2 and 3 against.  At least getting outplayed by the opposing goalie is becoming more of a rarity than the former business as usual.

Mason more than made up for the softy...

I think you can only say that after a win.  And it wasn't one, it was twoish, if you want to count Chara's goal.  Rask made 49 saves, including one more than Mason in the [censored.]

Yes, one credited shot on an extended 5 on 3 is unforgivable.

@TedZep

I'm not going to blame Mason cause he wasn't as good as arguably the best goalie in hockey. Mason had the net covered for "normal" NHLers. Charas reach got him that goal. I already mentioned he let in one softy...he also made many great saves.

When you go that far into the shootout and your team comes up with one goal in a losing effort, that isn't on the goalie.

ONLY Chara was scoring that goal on Mason in that instance...with his long stick and reach. I thought he had the net covered well, and it was just a good goal. Bergerons he should have had, though Timonen seemed to give up on him in the end and let him shoot.

Ok, we can agree that at least one was stoppable. :-) Given that, he mad a few 10 bell saves, so I can't bitch too much.