Is today's game important for the Flyers?

canoli

Will the Flyers go all out today, try to keep up that high win% in PIttsburgh? Or do they loaf through some of their shifts, the way they did in Florida?

They know they're in. And they can't possibly have home ice no matter who they play - did I hear that right?

Will the Flyers go all out today, try to keep up that high win% in PIttsburgh? Or do they loaf through some of their shifts, the way they did in Florida?

They know they're in. And they can't possibly have home ice no matter who they play - did I hear that right?

Well if they want to keep the match up with the Rags they better win....or the win in Carolina is all they need.....we'll see.

As long as they don't get blown out and come of of the game healthy, anything else would be a bonus.

As the game is on NBC, I expect to see Doc, Edzo and Lucky Pierre will all be wearing their Peguins lapel pins on their suit jackets!

Edited by Samifan

As long as they don't get blown out and come of of the game healthy, anything else would be a bonus.

As the game is on NBC, I expect to see Doc, Edzo and Lucky Pierre will all be wearing their Peguins lapel pins on their suit jackets!

I'd imagine Kunitz and the cheap shot gang will try to injure a few in preparation for the playoffs like in 2012 before the playoffs...so i'd imagine a Jay Roadkill dressing tonight's for the fireworks!!!!

Edited by OccamsRazor

so it's true no matter where we finish we won't have home ice in R1?

[edit: according to all the sites I read there's no way the Flyers can have home ice in R1. Any 2 points gets them the Rags, less than 2 and it's up in the air]

Edited by canoli

so it's true no matter where we finish we won't have home ice in R1?

[edit: according to all the sites I read there's no way the Flyers can have home ice in R1. Any 2 points gets them the Rags, less than 2 and it's up in the air]

Yes they lost that chance when they schitt the bed verse Tampa....who is going to be even stronger once they add Drouin to the mix once he's done with his jr playoffs...Flyers will be lucky to get out the first round then even it gets harder!!!!!!

According to Meltzer these are the possible scenarios.

As a result of last night's game, the Flyers are still tied in points (91) with both the Blue Jackets and Red Wings. Philadelphia holds tiebreaker advantages over both teams and holds a game in hand on both teams.

Scenario 1: If the Flyers win in regulation or overtime today or tomorrow, they will clinch third place in the Metropolitan Division and play the New York Rangers in the first round regardless of what Columbus does tonight against the Florida Panthers.

Scenario 2: If the Flyers win via shootout today and Columbus wins in regulation or overtime tonight, Philly would need one point tomorrow against Carolina to take third place in the Metro. However, regardless of tomorrow's outcome against the Hurricanes, the Flyers could not finish in the lower wild card seed. As such, Philly would play either the Rangers or Penguins in the first round.

Scenario 3: If the Flyers lose in regulation today, Columbus can move two points past them in the Metropolitan Division with a win of any type against Florida tonight. If the Blue Jackets can manage the win in regulation or overtime, they will tie the Flyers in regulation and overtime wins this season (38), which would necessitate the Flyers beating Carolina tomorrow in either regulation or overtime to take third place via tiebreaker. 

Scenario 4: If the Flyers lose in regulation today and the Panthers find a way to beat the Blue Jackets in regulation, Philadelphia would win the Metro regardless of tomorrow's outcome against Carolina.

Scenario 5: If the Flyers lose in regulation and the Blue Jackets lose in overtime or via shootout, the Flyers would need one point from tomorrow's game to take third place in the Metro.

Scenario 6: If the Flyers lose to the Penguins in overtime or via shootout, they would need a Columbus loss in regulation tonight to sew up the third spot in the Metro. If Columbus were to win in regulation or overtime tonight, the Flyers would need a win of any variety against Carolina tomorrow to finish third in the Metro. If Columbus were to win via shootout tonight, the Flyers would take third in the Metro with even an overtime or shootout loss tomorrow.

Scenario 7: Detroit is idle tonight, and their game tomorrow afternoon against the depleted St. Louis Blues will only have meaning from a Flyers standpoint if Columbus finishes ahead of the Flyers in the Metro standings. If the Flyers fail to come up with at least two points from today and tomorrow's games, Detroit could potentially move into the higher wildcard seed based on their outcome tomorrow against the Blues. The Red Wings moving past Philly would mean the Flyers would play Boston in the first round. If the Blue Jackets beat out the Flyers but the Red Wings do not, the Flyers would play the Penguins.

So Kimmo and Grossmann are sitting out today; Gill gets a start in god-knows how many games... Flyers' forwards better have swivel-heads today. No Malkin but they still have plenty of firepower to make us look stupid. I'm sure Sidney wants to put on a good show today if he can. You got your hands full Couturier but you shut him down before...Go Flyers!

No Orpik or Kunitz today either. Honestly the Pens don't seem to give a damn about this game. The officials are not even looking, other than the blatantly stupid Neal slash. I have to point out for the Flyers faithful here your boys are getting away with more obstruction and interference than PennDot. So none of you can complain about how the officials hate your team! Lol

I hope the Pens win. I'd love a shot at you guys in the first round.

Yea right

your shakeing in your boots ..............

Why would I? I firmly believe we have the superior team, and as long as Fleury is cured we'll take the series. If he's not, It's most likely we wouldn't get past the Bruins anyway so first round opponent really doesn't matter.

If we win the series, the Pens' confidence jumps and they start a round two with a LOT of momentum, increasing their odds of going the distance. The easy road in the playoffs often results in lazy play and elimination.

Well that game was ... weird.

Yay for the win. Yay for beating the Pens again. And yay for not losing their cool when they were outshot 12-0 in the 2nd before scoring a goal on their first shot of the period.

But Emery looked pretty bad out there, and the only reason the Flyers were able to win was because Fleury was in playoff mode.

Berube said Mason was taken out as a precautionary measure and will be ready for Game 1.

LOL:

Bylsma on Hartnell picking on Letang - " a guy picking on a guy who had a stroke"

Berube: "Then he shouldn't be playing. That's a dumb comment."

LOVE it!

Hartnell remains a scumbag ;). But yes a very strange game. Only your second goal was earned really, the others either Fleury stupid (1&4) or fluky (3). Ours weren't much better, with Neal's squeaker totally in Emery. Oh well... Was fun to watch!

Congrats guys, was golfing today and was at a bar for the game.   As a Pens fan, I was actually happy with everything in that game except for the final score.  If we see each other in the playoffs, I hope we play with that intensity for 7 straight games.

@murraycracen

Douchiest of the year?? Me thinks thou hast a short memory... Lol.

Personally I think Hartnell has the hots for Letang... He but him a few years back, now he tried humping him from behind. Lol

Seriously though, Bylsma's comment was 100% tongue in cheek. I dunno why anyone is even talking about it.