Will Flyers try to move up in draft? I would offer the Schenn brothers...

RonJeremy

I would offer the Schenn brothers to whichever team has the first pick this year ..we can draft Ekblad and finally have an impact dman... Laughton can replace , B Schenn and Ekblad can replace L Schenn. We are going to re-sign McDonald any way, so are we really gonna pay 9 million combined to our third pair dmen? That's why packaging the Schenn brothers can be a good move, and then with our own pick we draft a scoring winger.

I think it may have been Brelic that I was chatting with and I agree. I have a feeling B Schenn is not going to be a Flyer by the end of the draft. It is just a gut feeling I am going on but #if# the opportunity presents itself I think Schenn is a goner for a dman...

Again, I have no basis for this but just a feeling...

My thoughts exactly, here's my reasoning.....

The flyers need a dman to replace Timmo

We have too many centers and Laughton is NHL ready

The flyers do not want to trade Coots, although he might be worth the most in a trade

Laughton is a top prospect ,but unproven, so B Schenn is most likely the guy to go, and I would not be surprised to see both Schenns traded. I don't see us paying 9 million combined to our third pairing of Schenn and Mc D

If we can get the first pick for the Schenn brothers, I would do it in a heartbeat...and Fla and Buffalo, might be looking for some young players with experience...

We wouldn't, but one of our centers will go for a dman, nobody wants VLC...so it's either, Schenn, Laughton or Coots...sometimes guys names are brought up because in order to get something good you have to give up something good.

When we acquired Mark Howe it cost us Linseman, when we got Desjardins it cost us Recchi, so anyone is expendable for the right player...my guess is B Schenn, but you never know.

I think it may have been Brelic that I was chatting with and I agree. I have a feeling B Schenn is not going to be a Flyer by the end of the draft. It is just a gut feeling I am going on but #if# the opportunity presents itself I think Schenn is a goner for a dman...

Again, I have no basis for this but just a feeling...

Yeah it was me. I feel the same way. I don't want to trade The Good Schenn, but I have a feeling he's a goner. Not because of something he did or didn't do, but because he's the logical trading chip for an impact defenseman, or as RJ says, a high draft pick.

Trading the good Schenn feels like a "Sharp" to me.

If it's to happen it better be for OEL or some ****.

Laughton is not ready to contribute 20/25 as a 20 year old... I think the idea that he's ready is and will offset the loss of 40-60 points is not a good one.

I'd like to keep the good Schenn, Vasilev, Alt, Ghost, Hagg, should be given a chance to break the line up.

If a 20 year old Laughton isn't ready to step in to a 4th line center postition, how are a bunch of even younger defenseman gonna step in and contribute? I surely hope one of them do, but it's unlikely. I still say one of our centers goes for a dman, there is no room on the roster for another center and we are short on defense. If the right trade is not there at draft time, then start Laughton in the minors next year and he will play big minutes,then keep shopping for a dman during the year. If want to even think about beating any of the top teams,we need to vastly ire dour defense. We are paying millions for a mediocre defense. Who else is paying their Third pair 9'million in combined salary?

but I have a feeling he's a goner. Not because of something he did or didn't do, but because he's the logical trading chip for an impact defenseman, or as RJ says, a high draft pick.

If I am gm, its a dman or naughta. I am not trading him for picks. I will trade his brother for picks, but not him. 

Any plan that gets rid of Luke Schenn is a good one. If it takes Brother Brayden...I hate to see him go so soon but if a package-deal is the only way...do it.

[edit: if Luke could finally, once-and-for-all "get it" that he's not a skill guy he could be a respectable NHL D-man. He can make good passes, he hits hard, he skates just fine...there's the makings of a good D-man. But he just refuses to play within himself]

Edited by canoli

I actually think Luke has played very well with Macdonald since his arrival. Last night that pairing was broken up and you saw him get caught pinching at times where it wasn't a good idea.

He was back to doing exactly what @canoli is referring to. When he's playing within himself he's actually a very sound defenseman. It's amazing what a liability he turns himself into when he doesn't.

I'm hesitant to give up on him because of the stretches of "very good" I've seen since Macdonald came over.

But in a package for a bona-fide first pairing guy? Yeah, I'd package both Schenns.

For a draft pick? No way. First, no team is giving up a first overall for the Schenns.

Second--and I can't stress this enough--the Flyers are not using a pick that high on a defenseman. They'd use it on a center.

• Like 1

you saw him get caught pinching at times where it wasn't a good idea.

as in "2 minutes into a road game against the Pens." Ya I'd say that qualifies.

You're right Rux, everybody noticed after Andy Mac came aboard how Schenn settled into his proper role. He looked pretty good for the most part. But the past 2 weeks (with Andy) he's been brutal, piling up TOs and forcing teammates to scramble. He hasn't been the only one, maybe it's unfair to single him out.

The thing is he's in his 6th year now. He may only be 24 but when the problem is so obvious and he can't (or refuses to) correct it...I'm not sure he'll ever "get it."