Flyers Assistant GM

hf101

Jokes aside......Who would you like to have in the organization as Hextall's Assistant GM?  Who do you think Hextall might choose?

I'd have to assume that position would have to have some history with the Flyers.  

Forsberg? - currently I think he is the GM for Modo.  

Mike Keenan? I know he is coaching somewhere in the world, but if he can keep his attitude in check, he may be a good mind to help a new GM.

Maybe Trotz, but I am not too sure how he is on the business end of things. 

Our luck, it will be some recycled player: Primeau, LeClair, or LOL Boucher. Could you imagine two former goalies running the front office?!?!

Typically I would be useless in a thread that starts out with "jokes aside", but in this case I think I'll throw my hat in the ring for Jay Feaster.

He may not be a former Flyer, but he's from the area-ish, right? I think he'd fit in well as an AssMan. Just don't let him make the decisions.

If I had a recommendation, I'd say Glen Healy. He's got so much insight into players and, really, he deserves a chance to never be in broadcasting ever agai....I mean, a chance to put that talent to good use.

Edited by Commander Clueless

Don Cherry! ;) Oh wait you said all joking aside so I dont know.

If I had to guess I would say it will be someone from the 80s flyers I am going to guess Dave Brown who is currently the director of Pro Scouting. 

Edited by Poulin20
  • Like 1

Typically I would be useless in a thread that starts out with "jokes aside", but in this case I think I'll throw my hat in the ring for Jay Feaster.

He may not be a former Flyer, but he's from the area-ish, right? I think he'd fit in well as an AssMan. Just don't let him make the decisions.

If I had a recommendation, I'd say Glen Healy. He's got so much insight into players and, really, he deserves a chance to never be in broadcasting ever agai....I mean, a chance to put that talent to good use.

Feaster? Healey? Trying to throw a spanner in the works? Or just used to Leaf gms ineptitude? Either way, you're NOT getting a 2nd out of me!

Feaster? Healey? Trying to throw a spanner in the works? Or just used to Leaf gms ineptitude? Either way, you're NOT getting a 2nd out of me!

No no, I was just operating under the assumption that Philly only really likes management that are either from the area or formerly played for the team, and also the assumption that I don't like Healy and want him as far away from the broadcasting booth as possible.

And give me my 2nd, darn you! You know you wanna.

We've been through this, by the way. The Leafs aren't inept, they just have that gypsy voodoo curse on them. Everyone knows this. It's science.

No no, I was just operating under the assumption that Philly only really likes management that are either from the area or formerly played for the team, and also the assumption that I don't like Healy and want him as far away from the broadcasting booth as possible.

And give me my 2nd, darn you! You know you wanna.

We've been through this, by the way. The Leafs aren't inept, they just have that gypsy voodoo curse on them. Everyone knows this. It's science.

I 2nd this post!

Glen Healy it is then. :P

Anyone who has ever had to listen to that man ever thanks you for your support. And my God have mercy on your orange and black soul.

Hextall should call up Lindros. Or maybe Renberg.

C'mon now, let's not be too hasty here. We have to see what develops. Garth Snow could be available!

Have to hold out hope!

:ph34r:

C'mon now, let's not be too hasty here. We have to see what develops. Garth Snow could be available!

Have to hold out hope!

:ph34r:

As if the Islanders would ever let that man go after all the stellar work he has done for that franchise. Pay that man his money!

Maybe they should explore hiring Simon Gagne as an apology for trading him for crap.

Its got to be Pronger.

I was thinking it could be Primeau but I'm not sure he is awake yet

Not to be a spoilsport, but wouldn't hiring Pronger imply he retired as a hockey player and thus cost the Flyers cap space?

I mean, he may make a decent AssMan, but do you really want your management staff on your cap?

Not to be a spoilsport, but wouldn't hiring Pronger imply he retired as a hockey player and thus cost the Flyers cap space?

I mean, he may make a decent AssMan, but do you really want your management staff on your cap?

The cap has been nothing more than a play toy for this franchise, and I have seen nothing that says they care about it, or take it seriously. Therefore, I would not be one bit surprised to see them using cap space for front office personnel