Giroux Arrested - All inclusive Humor Thread

brelic

In the US they wouldn't say he was arrested, they'd say he was detained.

Originally i had assumed it was the old "mistaking a real cop for a stripper dressed as a cop" gag.

The girl in the photo does look a lot like his girlfriend in those photos.

I don't seriously think there was anything like the guy seriously trying to get it on with a cop.

Even if G was gay, and drunk, Aliens possessing his body and making him do it makes about as much sense as a guy trying to seduce a cop by grabbing his ass.

Gay or straight (and evidence seems to say straight) 99% sure it was some drunken gag that only makes sense if you're drunk to other people who are drunk.

Detained is incorrect. If you handcuff someone at a scene, keep them overnight in a cell and DON'T file charges here you violate their rights and buy them a new lifestyle.

You can hold someone in custody for up to 24 hours without charges. 

Detained is incorrect. If you handcuff someone at a scene, keep them overnight in a cell and DON'T file charges here you violate their rights and buy them a new lifestyle.

You can hold someone in custody for up to 24 hours without charges.

Not in most states. I don't know them all but most have a much shorter rule. Pennsylvania has a six hour rule. Most states have similar timelines for charges to be filed. There are exceptions that can be authorized by various issuing authorities, but you can't just grab someone and put them in a cell for 24 hours without some charge filed. Hell Pennsylvania only allows arrested drunks to be held for eight and that's WITH charges filed. The federal laws are much more accepting, but states restrict it. And if you do detain someone for six hours or even one hour you had better be able to justify it. If they were out in a jail cell you better file charges!

Maybe it's similar in Canada then and they held him overnight so he could sleep it off and didn't file any charges because... come on, who wants to deal with that in court?

Not in most states. I don't know them all but most have a much shorter rule. Pennsylvania has a six hour rule. Most states have similar timelines for charges to be filed. There are exceptions that can be authorized by various issuing authorities, but you can't just grab someone and put them in a cell for 24 hours without some charge filed. Hell Pennsylvania only allows arrested drunks to be held for eight and that's WITH charges filed. The federal laws are much more accepting, but states restrict it. And if you do detain someone for six hours or even one hour you had better be able to justify it. If they were out in a jail cell you better file charges!

Maybe it's similar in Canada then and they held him overnight so he could sleep it off and didn't file any charges because... come on, who wants to deal with that in court?

They may be permitted more time to decide and use it as a discretionary tool. Here to hold you like that you'd at least get a citation for "public drunkenness". Their system may give police more power than ours.

Especially true with someone who can very quickly (afford to) lawyer up.   Obviously, the case with Giroux.

Cop: "Anything you say can and will be held against you."

Giroux: "Your ###!"

Cop: "How high are you?"

Giroux: "No, you say it like this: 'hi, how YOU doin?"

Giroux to the cop: "Do you know why I pulled you over?"

The Ottawa police arrested Claude Giroux for indecent behavior, but when they realized who he was, they got him off.

What a coincidence.  I was thinking just yesterday how much of a return we would get for Giroux?  I don't see this team being playoff competitive for quite a while unless some major shakeup happens on defense.  If that can't happen then it makes sense to trade Giroux for a fortune and rebuild with quality prospects timed with the arrival of our defensive prospects already in the system.

Said this on another site before butt gate. They almost killed me now we can bring it up again. Sounds like he can't handle is liquor