Mystery Acquisition?

Hexy:  "We still have a player that we covet right now, we’ve been working on that, and also been talking to other GMs trying to move things around a little bit."

So obviously the second part is VLC, but I'm really curious who the guy they "covet" is.  He mentions it at least twice in the interview.

Gotta be a D man, right?  Is there a magic LW out there I'm not thinking of?

Please tell me it's not Vanek.

Thank god it's not Vanek and I was just behind on that.

And yeah, I too desperately hope it's not Steve Ott.

not vanek he's a wild now.....rumor is and i hate this is steve ott...UGHHHHHHH..but its just a rumor

Isn't Ott a Natural Center anyway?

WTF would it be Ott?

Is Hexy on crack afterall?

Now you guys have me all nervous. 

Why would you dump Hartsy and pick up Ott?

I hope it is not Ott.

Edited by King Knut

Mueller might be on their radar, but something tells me that's not who Hexy's referring to because I've seen a quote where he mentions he's waiting for the price to come in their range. Why would Mueller's price be so high? He's in the Swiss league. I would think he'd be a bargain.

Did Hexy say anywhere that this player was a free agent? If so, it wouldn't be Kane.

@Lindbergh31  I'd have to say that would be a counter productive move for the Flyers. Giving up a top 6 forward and top 6 d-man for one guy...all that does is create holes. Now...if Bogosian is included in the deal, and we have to pinch in a bit more to even it up...that is worth talking about at least.

@Lindbergh31  I'd have to say that would be a counter productive move for the Flyers. Giving up a top 6 forward and top 6 d-man for one guy...all that does is create holes. Now...if Bogosian is included in the deal, and we have to pinch in a bit more to even it up...that is worth talking about at least.

You can replace Luke by signing a guy like Del Zotto for around the same price or cheaper. 

Kane > Brayden at the moment. In the future? Who knows... 

I agree with you - if you could snatch Bogosian in the deal that would be pretty sweet. Kane and Bogo for Vinny and the Schenns.

You can replace Luke by signing a guy like Del Zotto for around the same price or cheaper. 

Kane > Brayden at the moment. In the future? Who knows... 

I agree with you - if you could snatch Bogosian in the deal that would be pretty sweet. Kane and Bogo for Vinny and the Schenns.

I would make that trade in a hearbeat and would not think twice about it....

i still think it is E Kane.

I'm going to go with this. Kane it is.

It would actually, you know, IMPROVE the team. That would be nice.

Am I the only one who is happy that we do not have a lot of cap space and that Homer is no longer the GM of this team? Man, the crazy money being thrown at over-rated & over-the-hill players right now is just nuts. Half of these guys are going to be albatrosses/anchors holding back their respective teams within 2-3 years tops. Niskanen, Orpik, etc.

Those teams are going to regret those deals big time, IMO.

I admit it, I hope it's E Kane, even though I worry about his attitude. 

It certainly sounds like his days are numbered in the 'Peg. When asked about contract talks with him at the draft, Wpg's GM might as well have said so, so non-committal was he... 

So it wouldn't surprise me if it's him that Hexy is talking about....