Islanders Best start since 2001

hf101

To everyone's surprise the Islanders are undefeated in the first 4 games of the season and are the only undefeated team left in the Eastern Conference.  They were also perfect through four games previously to start in 1976-77 and 2001-02. 

Having a #1 goalie and some key difference seems to be the difference.

To everyone's surprise the Islanders are undefeated in the first 4 games of the season and are the only undefeated team left in the Eastern Conference.

Count me out of the surprised group. I had the Islanders being better than both the Rangers and Flyers. Its early, but they look good and compete hard. Bummer about Gabrovski.

Wait til Strome gets rolling. And next year they'll bring in Dal Colle. And Ho-sang if he can ever figure out how to play WITH a team. Not to mention they have Reinhart, De Haan and Pulock on the way on D. It took a long time but this team is going to be very good.

Good for the Isles, their fanbase, and frankly, the NHL as a whole.

That Metro division needs some jump and a good Islander team provides some of that.

This division had the potential to be a ho-hum one this season with everyone and their auntie picking the Pens to win it handily again, but glad to see there are others that may see to it that things don't quite work out that way.

I expect the Rangers to get their schtick together pretty soon, the Flyers will NOT be this bad for the balance of the season, the Devils look like they should be in it all year, the Caps showing some life, Blue Jackets' tough defensive style and goaltending will be problematic for teams, and yes, these Islanders will be a thorn in EVERYONE'S side as the season wears on as well.

Watched the Isles-Sharks game last night with great interest, and while San Jose looked many times like they would take over, the Isles simply did not go away, continued playing, then took over themselves at times, and ultimately pulling out the win.

Islanders handled a good San Jose team and that is the bottom line.

Season is long, and all sorts of things can happen, but the NYI are now more than just John Tavares...much more, and barring injuries to key players, they will be in on a guaranteed playoff spot all year, if not the Metro title.

So did @jammer2 if I'm not mistaken. He's been saying this for awhile. Still early though like you said.

I said straight out all summer, not only will the Isles win the Metro, they will win the East in the playoffs...I've seen nothing to make me think it was a mistake. My boss is a Isles fan at work, he laughed at me when I told him how good the Isles will be this year....he comes back and tells me the Isles are 66-1 odds to win the cup...I told him, throw a 100 bucks on that!!

I said straight out all summer, not only will the Isles win the Metro, they will win the East in the playoffs...I've seen nothing to make me think it was a mistake. My boss is a Isles fan at work, he laughed at me when I told him how good the Isles will be this year....he comes back and tells me the Isles are 66-1 odds to win the cup...I told him, throw a 100 bucks on that!!

I'll put down 10 in Vegas if I still get those odds in December :-)

Archived