O Vinny, where art thou?

brelic

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm watching Sportsrise on CSN just now and they're showing a clip of an interview with Vinny.

Paraphrasing here but it's fairly close: "it's frustrating [being scratched] but I'm practicing hard and we'll see what happens."

So, is he practicing or isn't he? Ml

Greetings:

Maybe there will be an expansion draft in the next year or so and he can be left unprotected.....don't know if NMC covers expansion draft.  I don't see how else we move him.  And the fact that he squelches retirement rumors tells me that approach is "in play."  Benching him is an embarrassment that will eventually lead to something. It's too bad we can't Baumgartner the dude to the A and say "auf wiedersehen."  Ahhh...Nolan Baumgartner. another of our franchise's collection of busted first rounders....

Really, this is a sad tale. Homer's legacy is the gift that will continue to give...heartburn, agita, for quite some time. 

Howie

Greetings:

Maybe there will be an expansion draft in the next year or so and he can be left unprotected.....don't know if NMC covers expansion draft.  I don't see how else we move him.  And the fact that he squelches retirement rumors tells me that approach is "in play."  Benching him is an embarrassment that will eventually lead to something. It's too bad we can't Baumgartner the dude to the A and say "auf wiedersehen."  Ahhh...Nolan Baumgartner. another of our franchise's collection of busted first rounders....

Really, this is a sad tale. Homer's legacy is the gift that will continue to give...heartburn, agita, for quite some time. 

Howie

I like that you say "greetings" to start every post and end every one with your signature. It classes the joint up.

Fanatic:

Thanks for reminding me of the fact I was weaned prior to instagram and other social media.  I also view this site as something of an extended family...we go back to the old days at Philly.com and have communicated for quite some time.

Peace....

Howie

Fanatic:

Thanks for reminding me of the fact I was weaned prior to instagram and other social media.  I also view this site as something of an extended family...we go back to the old days at Philly.com and have communicated for quite some time.

Peace....

Howie

When you remember back, it has been a long time! Haven't thought about it in a while. Crazy times back on the old Philly.com.

I like that you say "greetings" to start every post and end every one with your signature. It classes the joint up.

Hello A-hole,

I wonder about the idea of exposing him to an entry draft.  It's an interesting suggestion I really hadn't thought of but also wonder about the NMC.

Piss off,

ruxpin

Hello A-hole,

I wonder about the idea of exposing him to an entry draft.  It's an interesting suggestion I really hadn't thought of but also wonder about the NMC.

Piss off,

ruxpin

LOL ... spiting up whatever beverage I have at this moment...... 

From the "Don't keep me hanging, is he practicing or is he not practicing" department:

He was the first one on the ice at the Skate Zone in Voorhees for an optional practice Wednesday, a four-time all-star and former Stanley Cup champion attempting to earn his way back into the lineup.

These are trying times for Flyers center Vinny Lecavalier, who was a healthy scratch for the first time in his career during the recent West Coast trip. Lecavalier, 34, has now been a healthy scratch four consecutive games.

Owner of 405 career NHL goals, Lecavalier said he has no choice but to keep pushing in practice. The most difficult part of this process has been obvious.

"It's just not playing, it is as simple as that, and I honestly don't know what to say," Lecavalier said after the workout. "You know it is frustrating, and I have been practicing hard and trying to get ready for the next time I am called."

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/flyers/20141211_Flyers__Lecavalier_at_a_loss_as_he_waits_to_play.html

From the "Don't keep me hanging, is he practicing or is he not practicing" department:

He was the first one on the ice at the Skate Zone in Voorhees for an optional practice Wednesday, a four-time all-star and former Stanley Cup champion attempting to earn his way back into the lineup.

These are trying times for Flyers center Vinny Lecavalier, who was a healthy scratch for the first time in his career during the recent West Coast trip. Lecavalier, 34, has now been a healthy scratch four consecutive games.

Owner of 405 career NHL goals, Lecavalier said he has no choice but to keep pushing in practice. The most difficult part of this process has been obvious.

"It's just not playing, it is as simple as that, and I honestly don't know what to say," Lecavalier said after the workout. "You know it is frustrating, and I have been practicing hard and trying to get ready for the next time I am called."

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/flyers/20141211_Flyers__Lecavalier_at_a_loss_as_he_waits_to_play.html

Yeah, that must be the interview I saw this morning on CSN.    So, I guess he was at A practice.

Yeah, that must be the interview I saw this morning on CSN.    So, I guess he was at A practice.

I just don't know who to trust. The Philly media reporting he's not at practice or the Philly media reporting that he is at practice...?

iverson.jpg

Well, that clears it up then :D

Fanatic:

Peace....

Howie

Hey, nobody said you had to be old to have manners and at the risk of sounding about 40 years older than I am, too many people today lack them. It actually makes me smile to read your posts. You're simply a nice man.

Oh, I think I have you beat. I got back to philly.com too. Philly.com the first time - before the migration to PTPITN. I don't remember you from then, so I'm guessing you know them when they went back there after PTPITN ceased to be?

Hello A-hole,

Piss off,

ruxpin

I appreciate the attempt, but it lacks the charm and cool factor Howie brings. I can't quite put my finger on why, but it's just not resonating the same way.

As for one VLC, I'm glad he's pissed off. As I said, I think it will only make him want to be here less and less, which is good for both us and him.

Hey, nobody said you had to be old to have manners and at the risk of sounding about 40 years older than I am, too many people today lack them. It actually makes me smile to read your posts. You're simply a nice man.

Oh, I think I have you beat. I got back to philly.com too. Philly.com the first time - before the migration to PTPITN. I don't remember you from then, so I'm guessing you know them when they went back there after PTPITN ceased to be?

You and I go way way back to the OLD philly.com treed board.  You were there first (do you remember poder?).   Really confusing set-up to follow.  I want to say Howie came either during or just after themaker03 wars.

You and I go way way back to the OLD philly.com treed board.  You were there first (do you remember poder?).   Really confusing set-up to follow.  I want to say Howie came either during or just after themaker03 wars.

I actually still go to the philly.com forums, for the Eagles and Sixers boards. They've actually switched to new software which is pretty good. Sadly (or maybe not) the Flyers board is a graveyard. The others aren't bad though.

I was the first what? I don't know if I like where this is going.

Now that you mention it, yes I do remember that set up. I don't remember exactly who floated in when, but if I remember correctly you, rad, vis, FlyGuys, jsf, blocker, FC, jammer, maker, blade (an early maker minion), irnonmike, Forsbys, Vader, and that third wheel they had. Eaglesfan03 was it? I remember a guy named Bob who benched pressed houses, though I'm not sure if he was on philly.com, PTPITN, or both. I also remember a Colorado fan (just from PTPITN) who I got along with great, but I cannot remember his name for the life of me. I can't believe I don't remember Howie (sorry bro).

I remember poder, though I can't remember if I liked poder... Was on Philly.com from the late 90s, though I disappeared from time to time when I was overseas. A few of us even got together back then and played some street hockey in the northeast. There were some real good posters back then. The last year or so before we migrated here were downright painful.

Archived