Kane, Bogosian to BUF for Myers, Stafford plus

radoran

Wow. Nice haul for Wpg. Getting two roster players and a 1st along with a good prospect in Armia. Not at all surprised they traded Bogo - he's got his own attitude issues in my mind. Myers is perfect for the Jets and needed a change of scenery.

A swap of underperforming players with inflated salaries. Could be good for both sides.

Yeah, but you gotta give to get. Stafford is still not 30 and has veteran experience - the Jets needed that. He's been pretty durable (unlike Kane) and is a big RW. Hopefully he's in shape, because if he's not his first two weeks in Wpg will be hell for him. This Jets team has to be one of the most fit in the league. 

I think Wpg wins this trade because of the 1st round pick (albeit late 1st) and the two very good prospects they get, one of which (Armia) looks to be NHL ready. His AHL numbers this year are more than respectable (10,15,25 and +5). He's also big and also RH/RW. I think he could see action this year even.

Myers could and should prosper under Maurice's system. 

Bogosian and Myers are pretty close I would say. That leaves Kane for Stafford, a 1st, Armei and Lemieux. IF Kane stops being a jerk it might end up being a fair deal. But that looks like a whole lot of future to give up on Buffalo. Luckily they can afford it. Kane will give Reinhart a nice winger to play with (again, IF he complies) 

Jets now an absolute lock for a playoff team. Wow.

@Podein25 has been talking about depth, Getting Stafford gives the Jets huge options, they can move Buff back to D if they want, or keep him in the top six and use Stafford as a depth third liner.

And lets not forget character. Kane has been considered a spoiled brat, coments by Wheeler and Buff make it clear that Kane needed gone, to trade him and Bogo who also has been known to be a bit surly for Stafford who is known as being on the best teammates and nicest guys in the game, Myers who is just ridiculously skilled and needed a team around him, and Armia who can play a bit and will likely have a future, then a first rounder, and then throw in Claude's boy, WOW a big deal. The Jets fans have to be in heaven right now.

Lets face it tho, the Sabres didn't just get a bag of beads, Bogo can play and Kane, if he is in the right position can be a star, and next year he just might have McDavid setting him up on the first line. So the Sabres got what they wanted.

But like I said, there is no way no how the Jets don't make the playoffs. And Pods, your boys just got a tad more interesting. :ph34r:

Hopefully he's in shape, because if he's not his first two weeks in Wpg will be hell for him. This Jets team has to be one of the most fit in the league.

Did Big Buff  leave the Jets? He is in shape....of a keg with legs anyhow.........I can't argue against the rest of the team though.

here is no way no how the Jets don't make the playoffs. And Pods, your boys just got a tad more interesting.

I'm actually a Flyers fan, please don't let the mods know that I'm becoming a Jets fan  ;) 

Stafford who is known as being on the best teammates and nicest guys in the game,

I didn't know that. If it's true and he's willing to work hard, the Jets 3rd line just got much better. Does he kill penalties? 'Cause Kane had become a good, and dangerous, PK guy for the Jets.

I don't think Chevy is done. I could see him flipping one of the prospects he got today or a pick for more depth. The Jets 4th line is still not where it needs to be. 

Did Big Buff  leave the Jets? He is in shape....of a keg with legs anyhow.........I can't argue against the rest of the team though

It's a fair point. I think Buff's weight is a real issue for him - he sees a cheeseburger and gains 5 lbs. And I'm sure that's partly why he prefers to play D. But he doesn't take long shifts any more (not as long at least), certainly not when playing forward. And he's been a dominant player who is loved by his teammates. He's the one who (maybe) threw Kane's clothes in the tub/shower, so fans are giving him credit for getting Kane out of here...he's a good team guy is what I'm saying I guess.

I'm actually a Flyers fan, please don't let the mods know that I'm becoming a Jets fan  ;)

I didn't know that. If it's true and he's willing to work hard, the Jets 3rd line just got much better. Does he kill penalties? 'Cause Kane had become a good, and dangerous, PK guy for the Jets.

I don't think Chevy is done. I could see him flipping one of the prospects he got today or a pick for more depth. The Jets 4th line is still not where it needs to be. 

Not known as a PK guy, but he allows others to slide into that role. He only has 9 goals this year but that is with the absolute most wretched bunch of forwards in the game today.

Stafford was just on Hockey Central, he said all the right things. He is an UFA at the end of the year and playing for his supper, I could really see him playing big down the stretch. I just picked him up in one of my fantasy leagues and cut Eric Fehr who is having a very nice year in Washington, I think Stafford might be the best player (for this year anyway, not necessarily going forward) in the entire deal. He has played hard and never complains, on Hockey Central he just stated that he was with Buffalo when they won a Presidents Trophy and still there when they finished 30th and played just as hard with both clubs. I think he will get a big spark out of the deal.

Eklund is reporting Dreger is reporting a blockbuster deal involving the Jets and Sabres.

"Tyler Myers, Stafford, Armia, and Lemieux, plus a First for Kane and Bogosian"

I Don't believe this for a second.  Especially if the first is this year.

Not for a second.  Not even the Sabres are this dumb.  

In fact, I really shouldn't be bored enough to have posted it... maybe it's a decent laugh for some of you.

Stafford was just on Hockey Central, he said all the right things. He is an UFA at the end of the year and playing for his supper, I could really see him playing big down the stretch. I just picked him up in one of my fantasy leagues and cut Eric Fehr who is having a very nice year in Washington, I think Stafford might be the best player (for this year anyway, not necessarily going forward) in the entire deal. He has played hard and never complains, on Hockey Central he just stated that he was with Buffalo when they won a Presidents Trophy and still there when they finished 30th and played just as hard with both clubs. I think he will get a big spark out of the deal.

Thanks for that info. Well, he goes to a team that right now is in a playoff spot. A team that plays big and fast in front of a raucous fans who appreciate that kind of hockey. He's gotta be excited by a chance to play in the playoffs again. 

I think Jets fans are feeling pretty good right now about their team. 

One VERY interesting part of this trade is this goalie we picked up?  I just wonder if perhaps they see something in him that is potentially very good?  Could he be the next Hasek?  I know that is a dream now. But so was Dom when he came here

He's a local kid played Tier II Jr. and unsigned, so I don't think that's the highlight. Who knows if he ever plays in the NHL. You should be excited by the prospect of Kane playing wing beside McDavid or Reinhart.

Embrace the Horror indeed. 

So Buffalo just traded their shot at one of the two best prospects to hit the draft in a decade plus half their team for Kane and Bogosian?

And the Jets just basically gave up on this season, but why not because the Sabres are now almost guaranteed one of the bottom two spots?

I'm sorry, I'm working and kinda busy, so I don't have time to really research this, but does this make sense to anyone or am I the only one who finds it off?

And for your praise of Stafford will follow ten posts that trash him.

As you were doing in the shoutbox? mmmhmmmm....

This isn't the "blow my doors" off deal I would have needed to move Myers. Buffalo seems to have really soured on him after practically proclaiming him the savior when he signed his big deal.

If Kane manages to pan out for the Sabres, then I think they got the "best player in the deal" but there is a lot of ground to cover before we get there.

Ahh... It's one of Buffalo's picks from either the Islanders (Moulsen deal?) or Blues.  NOW this makes slightly more sense.

It's the lowest first rounder Buffalo had in the next draft.

What a huge trade for the Jets. I was worried that Kane's "shoulder injury" would kill any trade talks the Jets had. I think Bogosian might of been a small causality in it but had to be done. Getting Myers,Stafford and a 1st rd. Pick was definitely a great trade.

What a huge trade for the Jets. I was worried that Kane's "shoulder injury" would kill any trade talks the Jets had. I think Bogosian might of been a small causality in it but had to be done. Getting Myers,Stafford and a 1st rd. Pick was definitely a great trade.

And Armia is a decent prospect, and throw in Lemieux, Buffalo gave up a lot. I think that Buffalo is putting a lot on Kane's shoulder, but with either Reinhart or McDavid setting him up on the first line they will be a much improved team. The tank is on in Buffalo, they have won 2 of their past 4 games, they probably are in fear of 'catching' Edmonton or Carolina, so getting Stafford and Myers off the team helps them in the McDavid sweepstakes as well.

Like I posted elsewhere, I absolutely see the Jets as a playoff team now.

It all depends where Kane's head is. Reinhart and McDavid are gonna be great players but it could be disastrous if Kane can't straighten up. And like you said, I think Buffalo gave up way too much. Putting too many chips on Kane. Jets are now a contender. Jets Nation is rocking!!!!

Like I posted elsewhere, I absolutely see the Jets as a playoff team now.

Lots of hockey to be played yet. Most teams have 2-4 games in hand on them and the Jets have played hard playoff-like hockey pretty much all year. They are going to get run down, especially Ladd, Little, Wheeler who are all playing lights out and working their tails off. 

Having said that, the Jets are back to playing the kind of hockey they were before the AS break. They beat the hottest goalie/team in the league last night and looked very good at times on both sides of the puck. When they are on their game they just play the same way every shift, every game and are hard to play against. 

Archived