does anyone think Hexy has the guts to dangle Vinny to Boston ?

Mario99

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@B21

People say things like this guy is untouchable and that guy is unmoveable. If Gretzky was traded, nobody is untouchable. And if Sather was not only able to trade Gomez and his contract away, but also get mcDonough back in return, anyone is moveable.

Now if only we can find a gm that stupid who still has a job.

Gretzky was unmoveable because it was considered idiotic to trade him.

Gomez? Fine, but Gomez at 29 wss a season removed from 70 points.

VLC had his last 70 point season in 09-10 and... isn't 29...

I do think he can be moved, but it sure ain't likely.

No real playoff team needs him and I doubt any marginal playoff team wants him.

Case in point? Your Philadelphia Flyers...

Dude... Give us some slack. Dreaming is all we have.

Anyway, miracles happen. After all, you're not watching th Kansas City Penguins tonight.

Vinny was just benched again. This time for Rinaldo.

For the last time...

NO ONE IS TAKING VINNY OF YOUR HANDS.

That was actually cathartic.

Gretzky is also a bad example because it was in the pre cap days and Sather dealt him because ownership told him they weren't going to give Wayne the contract Wayne knew he could get as a FA.

If it weren't for the cap, we'd just all pay more for hot dogs and beer and he'd ride the bench for fifty years.

Which begs the question, we can't waive him or MacDonald, right? Because of the The NMC's?

Because losing them through waivers and just paying the 50% salary ass-hole tax would be fine at this point.

Gretzky is a bad example. Who wouldn't want Gretzky? Can't say the same about VLC. (And even Gretzky had fewer years on his deal than VLC. ;) )

Gomez is a good example. So there's one going for you.

It's cold.

It's dark.

There is no fan base and a small economy so you can't make extra money selling subs for wawa.

The women are ugly? I don't know why else.

I don't understand why people are so opposed to going to Edmonton. Besides having to play for Edmonton, I mean.

A salesman Sells the sizzle, not the stale chopped liver

I dunno man, it takes balls to offer somebody nobody wants. I mean think about it. Somebody calls you up and says, "You want Vinny Lecavalvier? Your first reaction is to laugh.

Fixed.

And this time next year. And this time the year after that. And this time the year after that.  That's some long term planning.  ;)

Though I would have agreed with what you said, after seeing the Maple Leafs get out of David Clarkson's contract then anything is possible.

The Flyers are not about this year if you believe Hextall, so why not try and ask Boston if interested in Vinny Lecavalier ?

but no Ed Snider wants that 1st round playoff $$$$$$$$$

2 home games is all you will get mr. Snider

Put the inhalants away and seek help

Though I would have agreed with what you said, after seeing the Maple Leafs get out of David Clarkson's contract then anything is possible.

True, but they got INTO Nathan Horton's deal, which is longer and with a higher cap hit than VLC.

Winning?

Gretzky is a bad example.  Who wouldn't want Gretzky? Can't say the same about VLC. (And even Gretzky had fewer years on his deal than VLC.  ;) )

Gomez is a good example. So there's one going for you

I mentioned gretz because you always hear this guy is untouchable...Crosby is untouchable, Giroux is untouchable. Once gretzky got traded, anybody can be.

Clarkson. Theres two!!!!

The problem being that any team taking him "for this time of year" is making a commitment to three more years.

"Hey, it's Ron - listen, I know you're down some Top Six talent, I'm wondering if you might be interested in Lecavalier at $2.5M per? I'm not looking for much back, but could retain that $2M if it helps."

It's all in the marketing.

That said, I still don't see a team committing to three more years of Lecavalier.

@murraycraven

See what I mean? It takes some major cajones to not only call somebody up and not only ask if they want Vinny, but refer to him as a top 6 talent. Huge stones right there.

Archived