does anyone think Hexy has the guts to dangle Vinny to Boston ?

Mario99

The Flyers are not about this year if you believe Hextall, so why not try and ask Boston if interested in Vinny Lecavalier ?

but no Ed Snider wants that 1st round playoff $$$$$$$$$

2 home games is all you will get mr. Snider

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vinny at 2.5 might be attractive to Boston with the injury to Krejci. I just don't know that they'd view him as worthwhile for them for 3 more years. Of course, unless they volunteer to keep it intact, his NTC would be gone and they could trade him away in the offseason to basically anywhere.

The question is if you're Boston, who would you want more, Lecavalier or Jagr? If I'm them, I would want Jagr every day, twice on Saturday and Sunday to be on my team before I would take on deadwood Vinny and that contract. There lies the problem, Homer screwed the team with yet another bad contract.

I'd take Jagr all day too - if I hadn't lost my second line center. Vinny at least makes a modicum of sense in that light. Jagr makes more sense as a replacement for Kane in Chicago.

Don't think it's likely, but hey, I've been wrong before.

The Flyers are not about this year if you believe Hextall, so why not try and ask Boston if interested in Vinny Lecavalier ?

The guts? Pretty sure he's been trying to get rid of him all year....nobodys interested.

Dangle? I think Hexy is pretty much begging anyone he can find to take the guy!

Nice guy. Bad situation for him. Could produce elsewhere I believe... But his contract is just a killer. A real nonstarter.

Vinny's contract isn't easy, but for having a vet with a goal scoring aptitude in a deep playoff push, can be the difference of making it to the next round and even winning the cup. If one of your star players are down and his position can be filled without disrupting your other lines/chemistry a smart GM does it. You negotiate cap/compensation with trading partner so that it works for each team.

Vinny is valuable this time of year.

You don't open up a used tire shop in Dubai, but it sure as hell is very valuable in a ghetto.

Look at all those pelicans fly...

...fly pelicans.

Why would anyone need "the guts" to dangle VLC?  I think it has been pretty clear Hextall has tried to move him previously...

I dunno man, it takes balls to offer somebody nobody wants. I mean think about it. Somebody calls you up and says, "You want Vinny Lecavalvier? Your first reaction is to laugh.

The problem being that any team taking him "for this time of year" is making a commitment to three more years.

Somebody calls you up and says, "You want Vinny Lecavalvier? Your first reaction is to laugh.

"Hey, it's Ron - listen, I know you're down some Top Six talent, I'm wondering if you might be interested in Lecavalier at $2.5M per? I'm not looking for much back, but could retain that $2M if it helps."

It's all in the marketing.

That said, I still don't see a team committing to three more years of Lecavalier.

Vinny's contract isn't easy is unmovable but for having a vet with a goal scoring aptitude with a goal scoring decline like few others in a deep playoff push can be the difference of making it to the next round and even winning the cup flaming out completely. If one of your star players are down and his position can be filled without disrupting your other lines/chemistry a smart completely insane GM with a career death wish aquires VLC "as is". You negotiate cap/compensation (for the next three years) with trading partner so that it works for each team.

Fixed.

And this time next year. And this time the year after that. And this time the year after that.  That's some long term planning.  ;)

@B21

People say things like this guy is untouchable and that guy is unmoveable. If Gretzky was traded, nobody is untouchable. And if Sather was not only able to trade Gomez and his contract away, but also get mcDonough back in return, anyone is moveable.

Now if only we can find a gm that stupid who still has a job.

@B21

People say things like this guy is untouchable and that guy is unmoveable. If Gretzky was traded, nobody is untouchable. And if Sather was not only able to trade Gomez and his contract away, but also get mcDonough back in return, anyone is moveable.

Now if only we can find a gm that stupid who still has a job.

Gretzky is a bad example.  Who wouldn't want Gretzky? Can't say the same about VLC. (And even Gretzky had fewer years on his deal than VLC.  ;) )

Gomez is a good example. So there's one going for you

Archived