does anyone think Hexy has the guts to dangle Vinny to Boston ?

Mario99

Ain't much hope in changing the roster aside from maybe moving Coburn, Timmo (likely) or Luke to someone desperate. Other than that it's mostly be guys we probably want to keep that anyone would be Interested in.

Burns head you on the coach. If it's time to rebuild, we gotta have someone in charge with a prayer of sorting it out. Chief is as lost as his D men are right now.

as long as we are not stuck with this roster OR COACH in September!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mentioned gretz because you always hear this guy is untouchable...Crosby is untouchable, Giroux is untouchable. Once gretzky got traded, anybody can be.

Clarkson. Theres two!!!!

Untouchable and untradeable are not always synonymous.

And don't forget Horton!  Now you have three!  Oh wait - he was traded for Clarkson.  Back down to 1. 

I guess I shouldn't say Vinny isn't untradeable.  You could trade your horrific contract, throw in a 2nd and take another horrific contract back.   :blink[1]:

Vinny was just benched again. This time for Rinaldo.

For the last time...

NO ONE IS TAKING VINNY OF YOUR HANDS.

That was actually cathartic.

If Clarkson can be moved, anyone can be moved.

At least Vinny was actually a decent player. Clarkson never was.

@B21

Untouchable and untradeable are not always synonymous.

And don't forget Horton!  Now you have three!  Oh wait - he was traded for Clarkson.  Back down to 1. 

I guess I shouldn't say Vinny isn't untradeable.  You could trade your horrific contract, throw in a 2nd and take another horrific contract back.   :blink[1]:

Only synonymous in that people have been known to say one or the other when it's been proven over and over its untrue. I agree you'd have to be stupid to take (or give) that contract. But when some of these others deals actually happen, theres always hope. Even if its just a glint.

@ B21

Now that Toronto set a precedent for trading for a player who is on LTIR and probably never play again, Hextall should explore trading Chris Pronger to a team who needs to get to the cap floor and only has to pay him $525,000 in actual cash but get a cap hit of $4.9 million for the next two years.

If Clarkson can be moved, anyone can be moved.

At least Vinny was actually a decent player. Clarkson never was.

And what was Clarkson traded for?  Oh right...a worse contract.  So if you guys are getting bored with VLC as your whuppin' boy then by all means trade him for a Clarkson, Horton, DiPietro (circa 2006), Yashin (circa 2001), etc.

Yes - VLC was decent. 5 years ago.

@ B21

Now that Toronto set a precedent for trading for a player who is on LTIR and probably never play again, Hextall should explore trading Chris Pronger to a team who needs to get to the cap floor and only has to pay him $525,000 in actual cash but get a cap hit of $4.9 million for the next two years.

That would be great except no one needs to get to the cap floor right now.  It was posted in another thread, the team in the worst "cap floor" situation is $7,000,000 over the cap floor.  Good idea. Also not happening.

@B21

Only synonymous in that people have been known to say one or the other when it's been proven over and over its untrue. I agree you'd have to be stupid to take (or give) that contract. But when some of these others deals actually happen, theres always hope. Even if its just a glint.

Like I said, maybe I shouldn't say Vinny is untradeable.  You could trade your horrific contract, throw in a 2nd and take another horrific contract back.    :blink[1]:

I'm sure there is a GM out there willing to do that. Problem is he's in your front office.

And what was Clarkson traded for?  Oh right...a worse contract.  So if you guys are getting bored with VLC as your whuppin' boy then by all means trade him for a Clarkson, Horton, DiPietro (circa 2006), Yashin (circa 2001), etc.

Exactly - and we know the Flyers have no problem flushing money down the toilet for players NOT to play for them. Not sure why anyone would want Clarkson... he's actually playing, and a worse value than VLC. Horton is a different story. Or Franzen.

Trade MacDonald for Franzen, and LTIR that guy until the cows come home. Or, you know, let him work for the league. They seem to love double standards.

Flyers couldn't make the Horton deal or something similar with Pronger still on the books due to the offseason cap rules unless they dump significantly more salary. Otherwise I think there's a good chance they make that trade with columbus instead.

everyone wants depth there for the playoffs.

This is why i'd waive Zac instead of CC for room for Kimmo....once they waive CC i think he'll be claimed he is a good fit for a depth 7th type for a team looking for depth for the playoffs.

No One will claim Zac.

@Lindbergh31

And they can take Vinnie too since we're helping them out.

I agree if Clarkson can be moved then so can Vinny his cap hit is 4.5mill per season but he is only owed 10.5mill salary over the next 3...that is 3.5mill per which at today's rates isn't that bad for a 3rd line center.

It's not a matter of permission. Hextall was trying to trade him in the off season. He's not trying to do that if he thinks Vinny would veto it. It's that nobody wants him.

The reports I read were that Vinny Vetoed two different trades in the off season.  I don't know about now, but back then with the right sweeteners and swallowing the appropriate amount of Vinny's salary, some team would be happy to have him. 

The reports I read were that Vinny Vetoed two different trades in the off season.  I don't know about now, but back then with the right sweeteners and swallowing the appropriate amount of Vinny's salary, some team would be happy to have him. 

I must have missed those rumors. Everything I read said there was little-to-no interest in him. Regardless, he's still here.

The reports I read were that Vinny Vetoed two different trades in the off season. 

Well if that is true maybe that is why they are scratching him so next time that opportunity arises he doesn't do that again...just takes the trade.

Well if that is true maybe that is why they are scratching him so next time that opportunity arises he doesn't do that again...just takes the trade.

that and to keep him from getting injured last minute and screwing up any potential deals maybe.

I mean now they look like they've given up again so screw it.  Put him on a line with Jake and G and just tell them to set him up over and over again so he goes on as much of a tear as he's capable of.  If we tank the last 20 games, so be it as long as we move VLC that miracle would be worth it!

I agree if Clarkson can be moved then so can Vinny his cap hit is 4.5mill per season but he is only owed 10.5mill salary over the next 3...that is 3.5mill per which at today's rates isn't that bad for a 3rd line center guy who was a healthy scratch in favor of Zac Rinaldo.

Fixed.  ;)

Fixed.

And this time next year. And this time the year after that. And this time the year after that. That's some long term planning. ;)

If your team won the cup would you really care about two more years of having a player you might not want anymore after he helped you win a cup.

Archived