Your Favorite Playoff Moments So Far?

Kings Redeem LA

Some of mine...

(1) Playoff hockey in Winnipeg! I look terrible in white. But I'd be willing to wear it to spend a night with a crowd like that. And if you like PHYSICAL hockey but haven't been watching this series, you are missing out!

(2) Bolts' big-man Boyle's breakaway score in game one against the Wings. 

(3) The team performance of the Wild in game three against the Blues. Relentless end-to-end hockey for sixty minutes. *Laughter*--the Minnesota fans got so into it at one point that they nearly knocked a plexiglass section onto the ice.

...Yours?

Some of mine...

(1) Playoff hockey in Winnipeg! I look terrible in white. But I'd be willing to wear it to spend a night with a crowd like that. And if you like PHYSICAL hockey but haven't been watching this series, you are missing out!

(2) Bolts' big-man Boyle's breakaway score in game one against the Wings. 

(3) The team performance of the Wild in game three against the Blues. Relentless end-to-end hockey for sixty minutes. The Minnesota fans got so into it at one point that they nearly knocked a plexiglass section onto the ice. *Laughter*.

...Yours?

The Kings being eliminated first round........ oh wait...

that's right, they didn't even make it to the playoffs!!!

Mrazek's big game against the Bolts.

Winnipeg hosting a colorful, fun hockey game.

Subban getting bounced.

Sam Bennett scoring first ever goal, 18 year old gets game winner against the Canucks in game 3.

Hawks coming back from 3-0 in game one against the Preds.

I'll start with my 'homer' moments....

---Tampa Bay Lightning turning around a 46 shot for loss (due to Mrazek magic) in Game 1 against the Wings and putting on a clinic on what the team can do when everyone is doing what they are supposed to and puttin the KO on Magic Mrazek in Game 2.

---- Nikita Nesterov's first NHL goal in Game 1, even though the Bolts lost and picked up a pair of PP assists in the win in Game 2.

Nesterov may be an underrated prospect...no one outside the Lightning talk about him much, the one's that do may call him a poor man's Jason Garrison (Nikita has a pretty good blue line shot too), so maybe Yzerman can keep him under wraps as long as possible and have Mr. Nesterov 'sneak up' on teams game in, game out...and leave them wondering....'Who was that Blue Bolted Russian?'  ;)

---Minnesota Wild's Mat Dumba LAUGHING...yes, LAUGHING at Steve Ott from his bench as Ott tried drilling a Wild player into it, and missed badly. Ott took umbrage with Dumba's amusement, looked like he was going to start something with the 20 yo Minnesota D-man, but thought better of it and skated away with a flustered look on his face.

Priceless!  :D

A couple non-homer moments:

--The Ottawa Senators taking it to the Montreal Canadiens in Game 3. Yea, Sens lost that game, but I am sure the way the Sens played, it made more than a few Habs fans sweat (even for the other two games as well)....but bottom line, it appears the Habs are just too good a collective unit for the Senators to take down at this point in time.

Still though, can't beat Ottawa's "yes we can" attitude.

-- Chicago Blackhawks coming back from being down 3-0 to the Preds in Game 1. As a Wild supporter, I PROBABLY should be rooting against the Hawks, but man, the way Minny has been playing, if they do get past St. Louis, I'd like Minnesota to get another crack at those Blackhawks, who of course, had eliminated Min the last two post seasons.

So I guess I'd like to see the Hawks have more of those moments and move on to Round 2!

They were talking about Byfugliens first game as a Jet in Winnipeg, skating out on the ice with the crowd noise and saying "Holy $%#&". And he'd played in Chicago just over a year prior to that.

Today some of the players said that what they really appreciated was the "Go Jets Go" chant that started after the game ended. That's impressive. And while the Jets are likely toast (never say never), one thing that has come out of this season is a clear identity that resonates with the fans: a hard working, close-knit team that is hard to play against in the loudest rink in the league. You could do a lot worse.

Ya, playing for fans who actually care can mean a lot....that's for sure.

Expect a helluva effort tomorrow night. Everyone will be counting them done, so that should free them up to just go play. All they can do is win one period, one shift at a time and see what happens. At the very least maybe someone will kill Kesler. Man that guy is an asss!

I like third and fourth liners.  They are often the guys who eat up minutes and gut out wins.  

My favorite story of the playoffs this year is Dale Weise.  Had a two goal game.  He's been a clutch contributor for Canadiens in the post season.   

He shut his mouth while taking unfair treatment from Tortorella in Vancouver.  

Gotta admire the soldiers who don't shine and don't whine.

I like third and fourth liners.  They are often the guys who eat up minutes and gut out wins.  

My favorite story of the playoffs this year is Dale Weise.  Had a two goal game.  He's been a clutch contributor for Canadiens in the post season.   

He shut his mouth while taking unfair treatment from Tortorella in Vancouver.  

Gotta admire the soldiers who don't shine and don't whine.

Wow what a series between Calgary and Vancouver, I know it is late, and well, it is Vancouver and Calgary but if someone isn't staying up a bit late or hitting the trusty DVR on this one, they are missing one heck of a series.....

Favorite moment of the playoffs (AINEC)... Pekke Rinne losing the puck in his "paraphanalia" and almost being strip-searched by the refs. Hilarious. You could tell Quenneville was doing his best to keep from laughing on the Hawks bench.

Wow what a series between Calgary and Vancouver, I know it is late, and well, it is Vancouver and Calgary but if someone isn't staying up a bit late or hitting the trusty DVR on this one, they are missing one heck of a series.....

No lie about Calgary and Vancouver. I've watched every game. Unreal action and tension. 

No lie about Calgary and Vancouver. I've watched every game. Unreal action and tension. 

Agreed. Watching Ferland skate around banging bodies is something to behold. Plus he has some sneaky skill. And watching youn players like Sam Bennett blossoming into pros right before your eyes is kinda cool. There ain't nothing like the first round of NHL playoff hockey!

Agreed. Watching Ferland skate around banging bodies is something to behold. Plus he has some sneaky skill. And watching youn players like Sam Bennett blossoming into pros right before your eyes is kinda cool. There ain't nothing like the first round of NHL playoff hockey!

What about the second round?

The chip and chase,No talent 2003 eske levels of jabronie hockey, I it, can't wait to see scoring leaders top out at 40 points again, Everything about this league is terrible, And no one in charge gives a crap, Glad I decided to cancel center ice after having it since 2005 when i moved and got directv so I don't have to watch this over systemed crap fest next season.

The chip and chase,No talent 2003 eske levels of jabronie hockey, I it, can't wait to see scoring leaders top out at 40 points again, Everything about this league is terrible, And no one in charge gives a crap, Glad I decided to cancel center ice after having it since 2005 when i moved and got directv so I don't have to watch this over systemed crap fest next season.

Hmm...maybe I missed it....but where is the 'favorite playoff moment' here?

:huh:

Archived