Breaking Down Eichel’s Decision: Buffalo vs BU

pilldoc

Eichel should........  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Eichel should........

• Stay in NCAA and try to wil the National Championship while getting 1 more year under his belt before heading to the NHL
    • Go to Buffalo and begin his NHL career
    • Hold out for a year and ask for a trade..who wants to play in Buffalo anyway ;)

http://thehockeywriters.com/breaking-down-eichels-decision-buffalo-vs-bu/

So if you are Eichel what do you do? 

Personally, and this is not a knock on Buffalo (even though we kid with HJ alot on here), go back to school and get one more solid year of NCAA under his belt and try to win a championship.  Continue to develop as a team leader at BU.  That will carry over to the Sabres when he eventually gets their.  The Sabres, despite all this new talent, are still going to struggle next year.  Can Bylsma develop young talent is a real question mark.

I know Sabre fans want him in Buffalo, but why rush him? 

Please do not give me the injury excuse, injuries, as we are all well aware of, can happen at any level. (see Flyers, Ghost and Morin)

so what say the masses?

I agree, the benefits for Eichel and the Sabres would be bigger if he plays another year at BU. 

As far as the third option, he could have just not declared for the draft. I railed against the "automatic in" system earlier in the year, apparently they changed it with the last CBA so that players have to opt in - and the opt-in date is after the lottery. Should be before. Could you imagine a top guy not opting in because they don't want to play for X team?

the 3rd option was more for a joking effect instead of a valid reason.  As someone else mentioned, Lindros was villified for what he did.  I don't see Eichel repeating history.

So if you are Eichel what do you do?

I go back to college i guess...if he truly wants to graduate...but they lost a lot of players too.

Guys on the way out Cason Hohmann, Evan Rodrigues, J.D. Carrabino and goalie Matt O'Connor so he could just go pro.

@pilldoc

Eichel was the best forward in the NCAA as a Freshman I'm not sure what there is to gain as a sophmore?    He clearly held his own during the World Championships.  He isn't on some talent waiting list to make the Sabres.  

• 2 weeks later...

@Hockey Junkie

Calm down HJ.  First of all you missed the " ;) ".  It was a joke and nothing more than that.  If you read further down it was tongue and cheek with Lindros situation years ago.  He refused to play for then Quebec.  I will still take our team over yours.  Eichel will be a great player in the league.  However as of now Mason >>> Lehner. Plus I think Provorov is going to be a great #1 D-man.  You have to learn to take thing with a grain of salt. 

pissed that the Flyers did not land anyone with a name.

Does the name Ivan Provorov mean anything to you?  I think 99.9999% of the the Flyers fans are estatic about this pick.  And I believe do believe there are some scouts that have him ranked higher than Hanifin.  If McDavid and Eichel are not in this draft, Provorov is easily a top 3 pick. Also Travis Konecny was drafted at #24 a steal considering he was near top 10 talent. 

As far as taking shots at the Sabres, if you notice, everyone takes shots at everyones team.  However, a vast majority feel the Sabres grossly overpaid for Lehner and gave away way too many draft picks.  Outside of Eichel, the Sabres really did not draft anyone special. 

• 5 weeks later...

Archived