What's with Vinny?

fan4ever

Saw this on the news this morning...

He's on the ice for all of 4 minutes and almost takes off Schenn's head swinging at a puck. 

Get that man off the ice and keep him off. 

Thank God Brayden is alright.

I don't even know where to start since everything has pretty much been said already.  I still don't know why Gagner was scratched.  At this point LCV is taking rotations as the 8th d-man in practice and that is about it. 

I don't even know where to start since everything has pretty much been said already.  I still don't know why Gagner was scratched.  At this point LCV is taking rotations as the 8th d-man in practice and that is about it. 

He was scratched again?! Ugh, I hate Hakstol.

I have no clue why Hak is playing VLC over Gagner... it literally makes no sense to me.   The way this is going we have another Berube on our hands...  I really want to give him the benefit of the doubt and I expect this is a learning process for him - BUT, some of these moves with defensive pairings and Gagne are complete head scratchers...

guy is on a 5 year deal so not sure this is going to be fixed anytime soon.   

Again, where the hell is Hextall on all this?   crickets....

I have no clue why Hak is playing VLC over Gagner

I think Gagner is hurt Vinny slid into him and took him out the game before he didn't play much afterwards and didn't play at all last night. Hey don't blame Vinny he was just taking out his competition....he tired of serving popcorn. He figured hey if you can't beat em....hurt em!

I have no clue why Hak is playing VLC over Gagner... it literally makes no sense to me. The way this is going we have another Berube on our hands... I really want to give him the benefit of the doubt and I expect this is a learning process for him - BUT, some of these moves with defensive pairings and Gagne are complete head scratchers...

Dunno MC...that has now become the million dollar question.  The only thing I can think of is that Hakstol either 1) show the league that VLC has some marginal skills left and is trying to work on some type of trade or 2) prove to Vinny that he has NO skills left and that really his time in the NHL is done.  For the time being I am willing Hakstol some benefit of the doubt here.  (full disclosure...I reserve the right to change my mind at any given time.)

I think Gagner is hurt Vinny slid into him and took him out the game before he didn't play much afterwards and didn't play at all last night. Hey don't blame Vinny he was just taking out his competition....he tired of serving popcorn. He figured hey if you can't beat em....hurt em!

Pretty plausible explanation.....Better hide Jake and G...Vinny could be on full demolition mode. :ph34r:

2) prove to Vinny that he has NO skills left and that really his time in the NHL is done. For the time being I am willing Hakstol some benefit of the doubt here. (full disclosure...I reserve the right to change my mind at any given time.)

I still don't think he "just walks away" from his contract.

They're likely going to have to buy him out next June.

In other news, Homer still has a job with the organization.

I still don't think he "just walks away" from his contract.

They're likely going to have to buy him out next June.

In other news, Homer still has a job with the organization.

Sadly..I think you are right...Vinny has too much pride and wants that last paycheck before riding into the sunset.

And ...How the HELL does Homer still have a job :confused[1]: ....if I performed the way he has at my job......my ass would have been fired A LONG TIME AGO!

After watching his perfect pass to Jooris coming out of the penalty box to give the Flames a 3 on 1 break away coming off the PP my thought was "Is this guy on the Flames payroll?!?!"

If that was not a perfect reason for paying VLC 5 mil a season to serve popcorn, I don't know what is.........I would make him wear a dunce cap while doing it too......

and why does Gudas look like he is suffering from Parkinson's disease every time he touches the puck? I like the way he hits people but please for the love of god, try gaining some confidence with your puck handling skills......

why does Gudas look like he is suffering from Parkinson's disease every time he touches the puck?

My thoughts exactly. It's like he's never encountered a puck before. The other thing of note last night was the falling, toe-pick style. Everywhere, everybody. Christ, even our skate sharpener sucks ass.

Archived