It's Official

activestick

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These games have been super boring. That's really the toughest part. They're frustrating and very boring to watch. All Summer I was really jonesin for hockey to be back ... and while I'm super happy that it's hockey season, there's a bit of an edge to it cause my team sucks. Now... I just want something to have hope about. 

I hear ya man.... it is a very frustrating team to watch.   

I have to remind myself constantly to try and not get overly frustrated b/c they really are what they are - suk, as phly would say.

Lol.. Love Fargo. New season on already? Never seen homeland. I think it's bout time I try it though. 

Yes, new season started last month. Great show!

Homeland season 5 (current) is excellent. The first two were solid, then there was a lull, and now it's back.

I just can't bear to watch 2.5 hours of terrible hockey.

I'm so confused.....didn't we establish THE DAY HEXTALL TOOK OVER that the rebuild was on and was gonna be a minimum three year process to get a framework in place and watch these horrendous contracts expire or find a sucker to take? What am I missing here?

I'm so confused.....didn't we establish THE DAY HEXTALL TOOK OVER that the rebuild was on and was gonna be a minimum three year process to get a framework in place and watch these horrendous contracts expire or find a sucker to take? What am I missing here?

You're not missing anything here. You're dead on. It's just Flyer's fans being Flyer's fans. I've been preaching patience over and over, but I'm not even gonna say it anymore. We all know this turd isn't gonna be polished into gold overnight. 

These games have been super boring. That's really the toughest part. They're frustrating and very boring to watch. All Summer I was really jonesin for hockey to be back ... and while I'm super happy that it's hockey season, there's a bit of an edge to it cause my team sucks. Now... I just want something to have hope abou

i hate watching this group fumble around.

right now they can't make a pass, cannot receive a pass, cannot stick handle...they really look like a bad hockey team.

there are some really skilled guys looking this bad. and i think some guys that we over value,  i hate the way Simmonds has played this year , he has been a turn over waiting to happen, his line always gets pinned in the defensive zone... I think Streit has not been as good as he has been , his game lacks urgency or something, he looks slow... maybe he's hit that magic # of games skated where he's now "done" ?  

The Schenn boys for me have been a bright spot, Brayden has played well , no matter he's been slotted  and Luke has been good too, i know that's an unpopular sentiment, but really he's been solid...certainly not the the orange turnstyle named Brandon Manning...who, if he gets waived does anyone notice ?  

It's tough to watch and like you bak, I'm hoping to see some sort of improvement or personality emerge... i know it's early in the Hakstol era but right now this is a slow and talent deficient bunch

i can only answer for myself, I watched the early games where our guys were a tough out, went blow for blow with what were/are considered good teams , the rangers , hawks et al...  i was thinking "these guys might not be shitty" .  it's tough to have that glimmer of good play and know it's there but routinely see the monkey ******* a football squad of morons that has been iced the last 2 1/2 weeks.

i hate watching this group fumble around.

right now they can't make a pass, cannot receive a pass, cannot stick handle...they really look like a bad hockey team.

there are some really skilled guys looking this bad. and i think some guys that we over value,  i hate the way Simmonds has played this year , he has been a turn over waiting to happen, his line always gets pinned in the defensive zone... I think Streit has not been as good as he has been , his game lacks urgency or something, he looks slow... maybe he's hit that magic # of games skated where he's now "done" ?  

The Schenn boys for me have been a bright spot, Brayden has played well , no matter he's been slotted  and Luke has been good too, i know that's an unpopular sentiment, but really he's been solid...certainly not the the orange turnstyle named Brandon Manning...who, if he gets waived does anyone notice ?  

It's tough to watch and like you bak, I'm hoping to see some sort of improvement or personality emerge... i know it's early in the Hakstol era but right now this is a slow and talent deficient bunch

Their fundamentals look to be fundamentally bad. I have no idea what's going on with Simmonds.. he's having a horrible year thus far and I'm really surprised. I really just hope he shakes it off and gets back on pace as the player he can be. 

Schenn's.. oh what to do with Schenns. Well, Luke has played better than I expected. I'll say that. But, he's still mid to bottom in terms of shots for/shots against. In other words... our opponents like him on the ice. But, they especially like his brother Brayden on the ice. 

Brayden is dead last on the team in Corsi and Fenwick. I like the offense he's bringing this year, but he's essentially a GA liability out there. And considering no one on the Flyers is exactly lighting it up this year... I'm gonna go right ahead and assume he's fairly minus +/- at this point. Can't be bothered to look up more than 2 stats right now. ;)

Still... it could be worse... (vinny)  :ph34r:

edit: I crouch corrected... Luke is actually fairing a bit better than I've given him credit for. No need for correction on B Schenn unfortunately. 

I'm gonna go right ahead and assume he's fairly minus +/- at this point.

yeah, he's -4 , which i find surprising.

when i've watched he's had jump, has used his size and was generally using his powers for good.  he's been good on the eye test, which i know means  diddly/poo In the advanced metrics age.

Vinny has been atrocious. 

Wayne Simmonds is -10. And Sam Gagner is +2. 

Let's all just let that sink in for awhile. 

Del Zotto -9 Voracek -6 Giroux -5 Read -5 ....but Schenn is the weak link? As well as the teams leading scorer? I think teams like playing a lot of other guys a lot more than Brayden Schenn on the Flyers.

i can only answer for myself, I watched the early games where our guys were a tough out, went blow for blow with what were/are considered good teams , the rangers , hawks et al... i was thinking "these guys might not be shitty" . it's tough to have that glimmer of good play and know it's there but routinely see the monkey ****** a football squad of morons that has been iced the last 2 1/2 weeks.

I hear ya, those first 4 or 5 games (except the blowout to FLA) provided some hope that they would be a bit more competitive. Right now they're looking at alot of ping pong balls next spring

Del Zotto -9 Voracek -6 Giroux -5 Read -5 ....but Schenn is the weak link? As well as the teams leading scorer? I think teams like playing a lot of other guys a lot more than Brayden Schenn on the Flyers.

Could be, but just going by the advanced metrics, opponents are getting a lot of chances with him on the ice. Better than any other Flyer, atm.  I suppose his +/- represents a certain luck factor for him. Or... I could be wrong. 

Time to call this a rebuild.  Cut loose the core and get whatever prospects, picks we can get in return.  I actually watched most of that brutal mess last night and was in awe.  This team has nothing.  Very little talent.  No snarl.  No fear factor. Extremely boring play.  Nothing.  Bust it up and start from scratch already.

I feel sorry for Hextall and Hakstol being handed this pile of garbage.

I think the rebuild started in Hextall's mind a year ago. Problem as we all know is the contracts. We will get there... just have to sit this looong ugly season out.

NSFW:

This season will be like masturbating a sored dick, it will hurt, but it will be a nice and warm feeling when you finally jerked it out.

I think the rebuild started in Hextall's mind a year ago. Problem as we all know is the contracts. We will get there... just have to sit this looong ugly season out.

This season will be like masturbating a sored dick, it will hurt, but it will be a nice and warm feeling when you finally jerked it out.

I spilled my pop laughing..... :lol:

Archived