NHL 1st Round: Metro (#1) Washington Captitals vs (WC#2) Philadelphia Flyers

pilldoc

NHL 1st Round: Metro (#1) Washington Captitals vs (WC#2) Philadelphia Flyers  

34 members have voted

1. 1. NHL 1st Round: Metro (#1) Washington Captitals vs (WC#2) Philadelphia Flyers

• Flyers in 4 (Sweep)
    • Flyers in 5
    • Flyers in 6
    • Flyers in 7
    • Capitals in 4 (Sweep)
    • Capitals in 5
    • Capitals in 6
    • Capitals in 7

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, aziz said:

Ah,  @radoran,  your honesty overwhelms.   I think we could have had him on that one.  Again. 

Oh, you DID have him :)

I was just tired of his repeated attempts to figure out what was going on.

:hocky:

Just now, radoran said:

Oh, you DID have him :)

I was just tired of his repeated attempts to figure out what was going on.

:hocky:

@radoran

Last time he ended up frothing at the mouth.   One of the finest philly.com moments. 

You are a good man to show him his chain. 

11 minutes ago, Bertmega said:

@radoran @aziz

That was quite possibly the best thread in the history of the internet. I seriously think that broke philly dot com.

Oh,  the words he had for the admins when he thought no one could read what he wrote.   I was a proud papa.   :D

I honestly can't call this one (Aside from @radoran's picking of Holtby being a predictor). On an intellectual level, I should believe the caps win it handily. But I underestimated this Flyers team this year, and I am impressed by their play down the stretch. There's a real question to me of how much they have in the tank, but if they can steal game 1, I think there's a real chance the Caps collapse in on themselves.

If last night's game is any indication the Caps have been cruising and do have the needed extra gear.

I felt like they were fully engaged, a step quicker and controlled the play the way one would expect of a President's trophy winning team.

Our guys may win a couple of games, but to my eye last night, the Capitals looked to be a superior team in every phase of the game.

it hurts me to type that...

Here's some bracelets in memory of our dead owner. Now let's act like a bunch of douchebags and throw them on the ice because our team sucked tonight.

Stay classy Philadelphia...

4 minutes ago, MadDevil said:

Here's some bracelets in memory of our dead owner. Now let's act like a bunch of douchebags and throw them on the ice because our team sucked tonight.

Agree MD.  Poor sportsmanship by some of the fans.  National columnists can write about this for a long time.

7 hours ago, hf101 said:

Agree MD.  Poor sportsmanship by some of the fans.  National columnists can write about this for a long time.

Whose bright idea is it to hand out projectiles before a sporting event?

Flyers in 7...FOOOOOOORRRRREEEEEEE...those odds can't be beat!!

Wow, the Flyer fans crap all over the tribute to the late great Ed Snider & family who brought hockey to its city?  PATHETIC...

“I just thought it was not good for the game, plain and simple,” Capitals coach Barry Trotz said. “We were on national television, I don’t think it displays our game very well.

“You never want to see (objects being thrown on the ice).”

Even there own PA announcer says "Show some Class"  while the Snider wristbands come raining down on the ice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wsr0arHQKM4

stop

The Shannaplan has the official endorsement of Vader, Forbsy & Tucker...we love this new Leaf talk forum!!!

Need a Lexus?

55 minutes ago, LordVader2 said:

The Shannaplan has the official endorsement of Vader, Forbsy & Tucker...we love this new Leaf talk forum!!!

Excellent, then we look forward to you participating in some of the Maple Leaf discussions in the Maple Leaf forum.

12 hours ago, MadDevil said:

They said the bracelets had nothing to do with the Ed Snider tribute.

For a long time I thought that giving stuff to people for turning up was something invented by comedy writers who wanted the crowd to have something to throw at the antagonist everyone hates.

Archived