NHL1st Round: Pacific (#2) Los Angeles Kings vs Pacific (#3) San Jose Sharks

J0e Th0rnton

NHL1st Round: Pacific (#2) Los Angeles Kings vs Pacific (#3) San Jose Sharks  

12 members have voted

1. 1. NHL1st Round: Pacific (#2) Los Angeles Kings vs Pacific (#3) San Jose Sharks

• Kings in 4 (sweep)
    • Kings in 5
    • Kings in 6
    • Kings in 7
    • Sharks in 4 (sweep)
    • Sharks in 5
    • Sharks in 6
    • Sharks in 7

Ohhhhhhh boy

Revenge74619_v1.jpg

Game Date/Series Location Time National TV
Game 1: Sharks at Kings Thurs. April 14 Los Angeles 10:30 p.m. ET CNBC
Game 2: Sharks at Kings Sat. April 16 Los Angeles 10:30 p.m. ET NBCSN
Game 3: Kings at Sharks Mon. April 18 San Jose 10:30 p.m. ET NBCSN
Game 4: Kings at Sharks Wed. April 20 San Jose 10:30 p.m. ET USA
Game 5: Sharks at Kings Fri. April 22 Los Angeles TBD TBD
Game 6: Kings at Sharks Sun. April 24 San Jose TBD TBD
Game 7: Sharks at Kings Tue. April 26 Los Angeles TBD TBD

lol! Nice Joe.

Sorry, I simply do not see it.

Kings in an ugly abusive six games. of all the series, I rate this one along with the Pens/Rangers as must see TV. I simply love when teams that hate each other meet up. I mean, no offense but the Panthers and Isles has no allure, Ducks and Preds are meh, they have met before but mostly forgettable. These two teams HATE each other. Whoever wins will be battered and bruised before facing the Ducks.

18 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

lol! Nice Joe.

Sorry, I simply do not see it.

Kings in an ugly abusive six games. of all the series, I rate this one along with the Pens/Rangers as must see TV. I simply love when teams that hate each other meet up. I mean, no offense but the Panthers and Isles has no allure, Ducks and Preds are meh, they have met before but mostly forgettable. These two teams HATE each other. Whoever wins will be battered and bruised before facing the Ducks.

It ain't a defense consisting of Boyle, Brad Stuart, Matt Irwin and Scott Hannan this time with Niemi behind them and a coach that has zero ability to adjust during matchups.

It is a much better team than ever before. Sharks fans were initially lukewarm to the idea of Polak as our 6th D, but have not flip flopped to loving him since he is playing top 4 level. Burns > Boyle in every way. Vlasic is healthy now. Martin has been a solid addition on Burns' left and it has shown. Demelo has been solid. Braun is Vlasic lite and Demelo has been solid and getting better every game. In fact, Demelo has outplayed Dillon who has been the weakest link, but still stronger than the 4 awful guys from 2014

Jones > Niemi in every way, and Reimer is a solid backup with the ability to steal the starter job if needs be.

The forward lines are more balanced than ever before to roll 4 lines consistently. Hertl/Thornton/Pavelski is one of the best lines in the league and Thornton strangely is going to get Selke votes this year for how much he upped his game.

Donskoi + Couture has been a treat to watch on their line.

Marleau has stepped back this year, but him and Ward have still provided strong secondary scoring on their line.

Tierney is strong enough to be 3rd line C, but being behind the other C's above, he can take that 3rd line capability to our 4th line with Spalling. Wingels, Karlsson, Nieto(Who is out) and Zubrus have proven interchangeable and versatile wherever they get slotted.

Deboer has proven a welcome change at the helm, and the only other time he had a team playoff caliber(But not nearly this strong), he went to the finals. Proved to be canny at adjusting during the playoffs during the devils run and faced off against Sutter and the kings with a team weaker than this.

I feel great going into this matchup. We went 7 games vs the Kings twice with weaker squads than this. Might as well be first round to get it over with. If they smash through the kings, they will be pumped to beat anybody!

This is for you Doughty

shawn-michaels-sucks-an-invisible-dick-a

4 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Go Sharks!!!!

Sweep the Kings!!!!

No matter just beat them.

:56ce4e56dc2e8_HighFiveSmileys:The Flyers get their 3rd and 6th rounder in this upcoming draft....so the sooner they get bounced the better!!!

Sweet! 99% of the forum will be pulling for the Sharks then lol

19 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Sweet! 99% of the forum will be pulling for the Sharks then lol

I'm rooting for them because of Joe Thornton. Sole reason, guy needs a cup or he'll have the above look on his face by the end of his career...

Sharks had 2 own goals and a shorthanded goal against en route to a 4-3 victory against the kings. I heard the score should have been 7-1 Sharks and that the kings defense is getting eviscerated.

What surprises will tonight's game bring?

1 minute ago, flyerrod said:

I think Joe really has taken a shine to playing with Hertl.....If Quick does not manage to steal a game soon this series is going to be over quicker than ANYBODY thought....

That is what I am mostly surprised about. Quick usually goes up to another level in the playoffs.

42 minutes ago, Hose Head said:

That is what I am mostly surprised about. Quick usually goes up to another level in the playoffs.

He licked arse the first few games in 2014 too.

I won't feel comfortable until we are up 4 goals in the final game of the series. 2014 obliterated my senses to trusting any kind of lead.

22 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

He licked arse the first few games in 2014 too.

I won't feel comfortable until we are up 4 goals in the final game of the series. 2014 obliterated my senses to trusting any kind of lead.

True, Goalies can change at any moments notices and become steamy hot and allow nothing. Until your team is walking off the ice after winning the series you are not safe.

Ill say this. I am far more comfortable with Deboer and his constant proper adjustments than I ever was with TMac and his unwillingness to adjust and forcing them to "stick to the system" even when it was not working while using a line blender. Deboer let's his Dmen activate offensively. Something you could not do unless you were Dan Boyle. Vlasic was on pace for 50+ points this year. Which was nuts.

Deboer's 1-3-1 Powerplay is also lethal with the guys executing it to perfection and it is giving the kings fits.

I also have a mancrush on Martin Jones. I hated Niemi for every year he played with us and he made me sweat even when we were up 4-0 in games. Jones makes me feel confident

Well if something happens to my Flyers and they are out i'm pulling for the team that ices ZZ Top.....

Even if the Flyers aren't eliminated i'm pulling for the Sharks to get to the Cup....to face my Flyers!!!!:D

Archived