2016 Stanley Cup Finals: Metro (#2) Pittsburgh Penguins vs Pacific (#3) San Jose Sharks

pilldoc

2016 Stanley Cup Finals: Metro (#2) Pittsburgh Penguins vs Pacific (#3) San Jose Sharks  

27 members have voted

1. 1. 2016 Stanley Cup Finals: Metro (#2) Pittsburgh Penguins vs Pacific (#3) San Jose Sharks

• Penguins in 4 (sweep)
    • Penguins in 5
    • Penguins in 6
    • Penguins in 7
    • Sharks in 4 (sweep)
    • Sharks in 5
    • Sharks in 6
    • Sharks in 7

1 hour ago, Polaris922 said:

Thanks all.  My problem with the third goal was as Noss stated Murray makes himself small sometimes.  I felt he was too far in the net rather than angled outwards from the post.  You can see the Sharks target the top corners on him every time.  

He was protecting against the wrap around and didn't get out to cut down the angle, if he doesn't hug the post, Donskoi can take the puck right to the twine.  Agree to disagree. i thought it was a pretty great shot.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Got smashed drunk and fell asleep before the game. Nice to wake up to a win.

Official prediction....Sharks win the next 3 games to win the Cup. Murray fails under the pressure and Fleury is worse.....will take OT twice and Double OT once, but the Sharks will get it done.

13 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

He was protecting against the wrap around and didn't get out to cut down the angle, if he doesn't hug the post, Donskoi can take the puck right to the twine.  Agree to disagree. i thought it was a pretty great shot.

I don't argue it was a great shot.  Just wish he'd stayed taller against the post.  Some goalies push up and out as the puck moves away from the net to cut the angle.  Murray stays deeper.  

Wow, another great game by both teams tonight, and the Pens are one win away.   Not counting chickens because these games have been so close, either team could have won. 

Get the ice bags out for everyone again tonight, the number of shots they are blocking is just unreal. 

Bring it home boys, keep your focus, play one game at a time.

1 hour ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

giphy.gif

I can't say i watched every second of the game doing stuff around the house but the times i did watch mostly the goals scored Jones let in some bad goals.

But now after this game we should expect the Sharks to empty the tank to stave off elimination.

I must say too. This Pen team overall is better than the one that won the last Cup. Sure maybe the core players aren't playing as well but the team overall from top to bottom is better i think.

Too me it seems like the Sharks are almost just happy to have made it to the Cup and they have lost some of what has gotten them there. Like i said this coming from a "casual fan" who didn't watch anywhere as much as the invested fans here. Just my 2 cents.

Jones need to play more like he did in the WCFs. If he can do that they can win next game.

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

I can't say i watched every second of the game doing stuff around the house but the times i did watch mostly the goals scored Jones let in some bad goals.

But now after this game we should expect the Sharks to empty the tank to stave off elimination.

I must say too. This Pen team overall is better than the one that won the last Cup. Sure maybe the core players aren't playing as well but the team overall from top to bottom is better i think.

Too me it seems like the Sharks are almost just happy to have made it to the Cup and they have lost some of what has gotten them there. Like i said this coming from a "casual fan" who didn't watch anywhere as much as the invested fans here. Just my 2 cents.

Jones need to play more like he did in the WCFs. If he can do that they can win next game.

I'd more say the Pens deserve credit for playing better than I imagined. They are not giving an inch of space to guys to make plays or properly cycle the puck or even clear the zone. They are overloading sides very well as sharks try to move the puck along the boards. Sharks really need to change things up or they are bait.

In the previous 3 games, Jones was the only reason the sharks were even in the game. At this point, I want Dillon or Polak benched for Demelo since that pair is killing possession (And since they are being iced with Jumbo's line, making that line backcheck more than forecheck). Demelo at least can move the puck

Just now, J0e Th0rnton said:

I'd more say the Pens deserve credit for playing better than I imagined.

Oh yes i wasn't trying to take anything away from the way they are playing.

It is about as good as you could draw it up.

Just playing lights out good. Just keeping the Sharks on their heels and taking everything away like you would want.

And yes they need to figure things out quick or it could be lights out.

@OccamsRazor

It's lights out.

The Penguins deserve Lords Stanley Cup as  they are the best-coached team in these playoffs.  Sullivan has gotten every player on the team to raise their game to a new level in these playoffs.  Although the 4th win in a series is often stated to be the hardest, I wouldn't be surprised to see a blowout 5-1 Pens win on Thursday.

3 minutes ago, hf101 said:

@OccamsRazor

It's lights out.

The Penguins deserve Lords Stanley Cup as  they are the best-coached team in these playoffs.  Sullivan has gotten every player on the team to raise their game to a new level in these playoffs.  Although the 4th win in a series is often stated to be the hardest, I wouldn't be surprised to see a blowout 5-1 Pens win on Thursday.

Yes the pressure is certainly on the Sharks now. Yes great coaching and a good roster with everyone on board playing well. Hard to find fault in their game they all seem to continue to skate  and never seem to stop. Coming in waves.

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yes the pressure is certainly on the Sharks now. Yes great coaching and a good roster with everyone on board playing well. Hard to find fault in their game they all seem to continue to skate  and never seem to stop. Coming in waves.

After seeing both teams play during the playoffs in their respective conferences, I really thought the Sharks had the better depth and skating...I was wrong. The vaunted Sharks transition game has been nullified by superior coaching. Murray has held strong in very trying circumstances. Gotta respect what the Pens have done, I don't like it one bit, but it's impossible to not admire their skill and grit.

This series has felt as inevitable as the last time DeBoer was in the Cup Final when the Kings pretty much owned the Devils for the better part of 6 games. The Sharks just don't have the speed to match up with the Pens. Tampa was probably the closest to Pittsburgh in terms of speed, and I think that's why it went as long as it did.

I'm also convinced Mr. Charmin Soft himself Paul Martin is a sleeper agent for the Pens. He's just been atrocious in this series.

8 hours ago, Samifan said:

If the Pens win the cup, do Doc, Edzo and Regis get their names on it for being members of the Pens payroll? 

Theyve done nothing but support the Sharks.  You're clearly too biased to hear what's being said.  

I give Jones all the credit in the world.  Without him this would've been a sweep.  As it stands the Sharks still have a chance, however slight it seems.

When you have guys playing with all they've got, your team excels.  Sullivan has them giving 110%.  Kessel with eight hits in the series?  Back checking his arse off?  It's things like that that make the difference.  And that's not Sullivan so much as it is players realizing how close they are to living a dream.   

17 minutes ago, Polaris922 said:

Theyve done nothing but support the Sharks.  You're clearly too biased to hear what's being said.  

8 hours ago, Samifan said:

If the Pens win the cup, do Doc, Edzo and Regis get their names on it for being members of the Pens payroll?

Don't forget the zebras.:hocky:

8 hours ago, Polaris922 said:

They may support the Sharks but they LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the Pens!

Samifan: Proudly biased against the Penguins since 1967!  :5726ba4ad74b2_blowingakiss:

9 hours ago, Polaris922 said:

I give Jones all the credit in the world.  Without him this would've been a sweep.  As it stands the Sharks still have a chance, however slight it seems.

When you have guys playing with all they've got, your team excels.  Sullivan has them giving 110%.  Kessel with eight hits in the series?  Back checking his arse off?  It's things like that that make the difference.  And that's not Sullivan so much as it is players realizing how close they are to living a dream.   

I hate that saying, it kills me.   I coached youth soccer for many a year, and I used to tell the kids, "Remember the best game you ever played, with all the effort that was put in and all the energy that you used. It only happens once, maybe twice.   THAT it the game(s) that you played at 100%, every other game was less.  Your job is to figure out how to get that 100% again."    110% is just a myth.

9 hours ago, FD19372 said:

Don't forget the zebras.:hocky:

I heard all the hot dog vendors in both arenas give Kessel freebies whenever he needs them. Don't forget those guys. Oh and the Zamboni drivers make the ice in the Pens defensive end slushier so the Sharks have problems.  Did you see the other night when they ran the penalty clock a quarter second slower for the Sharks penalty to give the pens more time, now THAT one was sneaky.   

. . .Haters just gonna hate . . . 

@FD19372 that's pretty funny.  Especially since even idiot Milbury said the Sharks were getting away with a lot and in his opinion "as they should"... Whatever that means.  Lol

@Samifan you're clearly not watching/listening much.  The post games especially have been about how the Sharks are the better team, the Harks just need to do this or the Sharks just need to do that.  I'm thinking you're just watching highlight reels after the games. 

@nossagog. I understand your take on it but disagree with your philosophy.  In hockey coaching, I see players give thier all several times per year.  Obviously the comment infers giving thier all (100%) and 110% is just a cliché though so I get why you hate it.  Lol 

2 hours ago, nossagog said:

I heard all the hot dog vendors in both arenas give Kessel freebies whenever he needs them. Don't forget those guys. Oh and the Zamboni drivers make the ice in the Pens defensive end slushier so the Sharks have problems.  Did you see the other night when they ran the penalty clock a quarter second slower for the Sharks penalty to give the pens more time, now THAT one was sneaky.   

. . .Haters just gonna hate . . . 

Haters just gonna hate...Penguins gonna dive...NHL gonna bail them out of bankruptcy. Keepin' it real. 

Archived