Devils Steal Taylor Hall for Larsson

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Random thoughts and questions.

-Did Taylor Hall ask out?

-I like Adam Larsson, but Jordan Eberle is much closer to what should have gone.

-Larsson has a nice contract.

-Hall has a great contract.

-I feel gutted for Hall, that he spent years with no depth or protection around him, and right when things could be getting better, he's gone.

-The Oilers are desperate for defense, and everybody knows it, but the Devils are desperate for offense, too.

-Chiarelli must have extreme confidence that he's signing Lucic and Demers on Friday. If so, then it's Hall out, Lucic, Demers, Larsson in, and most likely Puljujarvi in.

I'm listening to Oilers radio right now, and people are maaaaaad. "I'm burning everything I have with an Oilers logo on it", that sort of thing. Looks like it's pitchforks and torches on Kingsway this afternoon.

Oh.

And.

If I were Hall i'd be pissed.  Having to play in NJ for starters in front of their fan is no one's dream. I met their fan at a wedding i'm sure he's excited. 

Anyway back to Hall, So he goes from finally not doing all the heavy lifting, actually he goes from a situation where McJesus can tell him "you go stand at the slot and I'll bounce pucks in off your ass" to a team where he's once more option A B and C... I have always liked that kid.  He cannot seem to catch a break. 

Wow...seriously ????  There has got to be more going back to the Oilers.

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2016/6/29/12061076/edmonton-oilers-trade-taylor-hall-to-devils-for-defenseman-adam-larsson

"Interestingly enough, Oilers GM Peter Chiarelli now has traded the top two picks from that draft. In 2013, as GM of the Boston Bruins, Chiarelli traded second overall pick Tyler Seguin to the Dallas Stars."

We'll know just how much input Kevin Lowe still has with this team if we start seeing reports about how Hall was a bad guy in the locker room.

-----------------

Does the timing of this trade with being followed immediately by the (even worse) Subban for Weber trade in any way indicate that there was some sort of Hall for Subban deal in the works?

7 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

We'll know just how much input Kevin Lowe still has with this team if we start seeing reports about how Hall was a bad guy in the locker room.

You know it. Hall will get the blame for the culture of losing in EDM, even though he's more a product of it than cause. Eberle shoulda been the one on the move as you say up thread. 

9 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

Does the timing of this trade with being followed immediately by the (even worse) Subban for Weber trade in any way indicate that there was some sort of Hall for Subban deal in the works?

Makes you wonder....

I see this in the stands in Edmonton's new arena coming soon :BrownBag:

1 minute ago, off_the_post said:

If the Oilers were going to get fleeced I just wished it was the Flyers doing the fleecing. 

Seriously. MacDonald straight up for Hall is fair, right?

Seriously, I'd think Edmonton should have gotten something more in here. Especially since Shero traded a 3rd to the Penguins over the weekend for an RFA they didn't even qualify.

Just now, Podein25 said:

You know it. Hall will get the blame for the culture of losing in EDM, even though he's more a product of it than cause. Eberle shoulda been the one on the move as you say up thread. 

True story: it's Taylor Hall's fault they haven't had any defensemen while he was there.

Just now, Podein25 said:

Makes you wonder....

I see this in the stands in Edmonton's new arena coming soon :BrownBag:

If the radio and Oilers online sphere is any indication, things are VERY ugly.

1 minute ago, JR Ewing said:

I'm reading the Oilers message boards now....UGLY is not even the right word......

4 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

They better get Lucic signed quickly. I would have done that before I did this stupid stuff. Or better, don't do the stupid stuff. Man, it must be tough to be an Oilers fan...

So if what I read is true...."Unconfirmed report that Oilers have deals worked out with Lucic and Demers"

then....

Lucic - McDavid - Eberle

Maroon - Draisaitle - Puljujarvi

Pouliot - RHN - Yakupov

Klef-Larrson

Sekera-Demers

Nurse-Davidson

Thoughts??

1 minute ago, Podein25 said:

They better get Lucic signed quickly. I would have done that before I did this stupid stuff. Or better, don't do the stupid stuff. Man, it must be tough to be an Oilers fan...

I think we can safely say that Lucic will be signed. It's what pumped Chiarelli's tires to make this bad trade.

Hall and Henrique reunited.

Sad to see Larsson go though. He's a great kid who seemed to be loved by everybody in the locker room. He's a beast defensively, although it'll be interesting to see if he can maintain that away from Greene, who seems to make every young defenseman he plays with better.

1 minute ago, pilldoc said:

So if what I read is true...."Unconfirmed report that Oilers have deals worked out with Lucic and Demers"

then....

Lucic - McDavid - Eberle

Maroon - Draisaitle - Puljujarvi

Pouliot - RHN - Yakupov

Klef-Larrson

Sekera-Demers

Nurse-Davidson

Thoughts??

It's an improved team, but losing Hall....... Huge loss.

My niggling question, and one which I have no idea about... How does Lucic's back disease affect his health and pain as he ages, and how does that impact his decline phase? I can't help but think it's worse than an average player.

So does this trade have the same shock value as when the Flyers traded both Carter and Richards away?

@JR Ewing So I am reading that Hall "might" have been a cancer in the locker room.  Do you have any insight into these allegations?  Now that Hall is traded away this is clearly McDavid's team now......

Somewhere, a village is without it's idiot, he is now residing in Rexall Place. This is HORRIBLE. Not nearly enough for Hall. Adam Larsson was supposed to a be a wicked 2 way d-man and the offense never came. He will help out the Oilers transition game, but Taylor for a stay at home d-man....that is just plain wrong.

Spits fans are THRILLED to see Hall and Henrique reunited, to bad it's for the hated Devils. Those two had tremendous chemistry during our Memorial Cup runs.

4 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

So does this trade have the same shock value as when the Flyers traded both Carter and Richards away?

@JR Ewing So I am reading that Hall "might" have been a cancer in the locker room.  Do you have any insight into these allegations?  Now that Hall is traded away this is clearly McDavid's team now......

Over the years, I've never read anything on any forum about him which was bad other than the "I saw him at a bar, and he was a total dick!" kinds of dreck. The only time he's been angry is when the team loses. He wears his heart on his sleeve, and Chiarelli said he was heartbroken to hear of the trade.

If a slug like Larssen is worth Hall, (okay not a slug but just a good defender with little offense) what is shattenkirk worth? An entire team? Jesus did Edmonton get screwed.

38 minutes ago, MadDevil said:

Hall and Henrique reunited.

Sad to see Larsson go though. He's a great kid who seemed to be loved by everybody in the locker room. He's a beast defensively, although it'll be interesting to see if he can maintain that away from Greene, who seems to make every young defenseman he plays with better.

Maybe the Devils can trade Greene to Edmonton for McDavid. Sounds like that kind of day in Edmonton.....

It should be interesting to see how Hall is perceived by folks in the hockey world, now that he'll be playing games before they get tucked in for the night, because this is the sort of player we're talking about:

Even-Strength Points / 60, 2012-16

1. Crosby, 2.71

2. Benn, 2.54

3. Hall, 2.49

I can't help but think it will be "Wow, look he good he is away from the tire fire!!!"

Archived