Eastern Conference Semi Finals: #1 Washington Capitals vs. #2 Pittsburgh Penguins

pilldoc

Eastern Conference Semi Finals: #1 Washington Capitals vs. #2 Pittsburgh Penguins  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the series?

• Capitals sweep 4-0
    • Capitals in 5
    • Capitals in 6
    • Capitals in 7
    • Penguins sweep 4=0
    • Penguins in 5
    • Penguins in 6
    • Penguins in 7

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, nossagog said:

Just got a note from my brother in the 'burgh.  No formal practice today for the Pens, but Crosby was on the ice in full gear with Hagelin and Sheary.

Could be testing things out. Go hard (no contact) for 45-60 minutes and let's see how you feel. If there was ever a good time for a 2-day break between games, this is it.

The good thing is (God I can't believe I'm even saying this) the Pens are up 3-1. 

Ok, now that I've gargled and showered and smashed my fingers with a ball peen hammer...Crosby doesn't have to play the next game..they can sit him since they're 2 up with 1 win to go. 

Sadly I think I have to root for the Pens, if for no other reason than I have zero faith in the Caps having to potentially beat the Rangers in the ECF (if they come back to beat Ottawa).

On 4/25/2017 at 9:49 PM, hf101 said:

I'm going to go with this going 7 games and the Penguins winning it.  

-for the record, I haven't been right much thus far in these playoffs.

There's always a first-time! 

I hope Fleury doesn't put his head up his arse like he usually does! 

Here's hoping that the Pens aren't thinking that they have this series won! After all the Pens came numerous times over the years, down 3- 1 and won a series! I hope the Pens bear down and focus on playing this game 5 to win and close out the series. 

28 minutes ago, notfondajane said:

Here's hoping that the Pens aren't thinking that they have this series won! After all the Pens came numerous times over the years, down 3- 1 and won a series! I hope the Pens bear down and focus on playing this game 5 to win and close out the series. 

I hope they do it tomorrow night.  If not, all the pressure shifts back to them for Game 6. If this goes to a Game 7 I don't think they will have much of a chance.

PITTSBURGH, PA – Following his recent concussion Penguins captain and NHL leading scorer Sidney Crosby underwent a new elective surgery this morning to separate his head from his body in an effort to allow him to complete the 2017 playoffs without sustaining any further injuries.

Penguins brass believe the submandibular craniectomy would give the phenom a competitive edge in a league that has been plagued by head injuries in recent years.

“Sid has been very eager to get back on the ice and we figured he couldn’t risk another 10-month absence like in 2011,” said coach Mike Sullivan, “So rather than risk any more injuries to his vital head organs, Sid and upper management came to the conclusion that it’d be best if he had his brain and other major face parts removed.”

Amputations of the cranial region are not uncommon in the NHL, with variations being performed on many players including the removal of Todd Bertuzzi’s reasoning centre in 2003, and Don Cherry’s entire brain in the early ‘70s. However Crosby’s procedure is the first to feature the complete removal of the general head area.

“I always knew the kid loved hockey and this is just typical of Sid’s dedication,” said teammate Chris Kunitz. “I’m honoured for the opportunity to play with such a fan of the game, even if his shots aren’t very accurate anymore.”

Penguins officials brushed aside reports that Crosby may suffer long-term effects from the surgery, such as post-cognitive syndrome, neck-aches, or the inability to see.

“Right now our job is just to get the new and improved Sidney Crosby back out onto the ice where he belongs,” said GM Jim Rutherford.

Crosby was unable to comment on the matter.

https://www.thebeaverton.com/2013/04/crosby-has-head-surgically-removed-in-order-to-play-out-rest-of-playoffs/

1 hour ago, MadDevil said:

When they give him a new head hopefully they program a personality into it.:cool[1]:

All the Pens ever had to do was flash his rom.

I just cannot see Washington losing this game. No way  Too good a team to go down 4-1.  Ovy being put on third line.   Trotz is shaking things up.  Cant blame him. He is doing all he can.  I always wondered if Holtby was really up to the task.  He best play the game of his damn life.

3 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

I just cannot see Washington losing this game. No way  Too good a team to go down 4-1.  Ovy being put on third line.   Trotz is shaking things up.  Cant blame him. He is doing all he can.  I always wondered if Holtby was really up to the task.  He best play the game of his damn life.

They would not go down 4-1, they would be ELIMINATED!

Great game was game 5.  I thought the Pens had them when they went into the third with the lead.   But the Caps pressured the defense hard and pinned the Pens in too many times.   Off to Pittsburgh. 

7 hours ago, MadDevil said:

Why do I see Washington forcing Game 7 and then laying an egg at home again?

Because that's what they do best!

They will stick a dagger in their fans hearts once again.

1 minute ago, pilldoc said:

Because that's what they do best!

They will stick a dagger in their fans hearts once again.

If there was ever a fan base that deserved to be repeatedly and brutally stabbed by a dagger, it's Capitals fans. 

12 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

If there was ever a fan base that deserved to be repeatedly and brutally stabbed by a dagger, it's Capitals fans. 

Now Rux....you only say that because its true.

7 hours ago, MadDevil said:

Why do I see Washington forcing Game 7 and then laying an egg at home again?

You gotta figure one of these days it will be different.    Hopefully not this year though. ;)

9 minutes ago, nossagog said:

You gotta figure one of these days it will be different.    Hopefully not this year though. ;)

In a perfect world, they would both lose this series. :snide:

Just now, flyercanuck said:

In a perfect world, they would both lose this series. :snide:

Giant meteor still has at least one more opportunity.

On 5/7/2017 at 10:32 AM, AJgoal said:

Giant meteor still has at least one more opportunity.

I heard Chris Christie is dropping in for the game, so there's hope for the equivalent.

Archived