Knights deals-so far

3 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Bolts lose defensemen Nikita Gusev and Jason Garrison......yay!

No real loss for TB here!

Gusev may or may not work out at the NHL level....Garrison was on the last year of his contract, and was looking rather old and uninterested down the stretch for the Lightning last season.

Garrison COULD have an uptick in production due to being in a contract year, but then again, he is also injury prone.

Good luck in Vegas, Jason.

Thank you for your time with the Bolts, but I am counting my blessings it WASN'T Dotchin or Koekkoek. :ahappy:

And a couple draft picks, right?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

And a couple draft picks, right?

Well, yea, TB gave up this year's 2nd rounder and next year's 4th rounder.

Next year's is neither here nor there because it was Pittsburgh's...Bolts still have their own 4th rounder for 2018

As for the 2nd rounder, not even that is a big deal. 

Bolts lose theirs, but still holds Toronto's 2nd round pick.

Yzerman, as usual, dealing from strength.

On 6/20/2017 at 2:49 PM, jammer2 said:

*THAT* is totally bizarre. So, the Blues will have no say on where the kids loaned to Chicago will play, or how much?  Plus, the ECHL is not nearly the same type of talent as the AHL, so it is possible some of the kids will regress playing against lesser talent, especially the d-men and goalies. This seems like a real backwards move by the Blues. Not something a team that really wants to win would be involved in. Strange. 

Well they just lost Perron to the new Vegas team.  So if they lose a quality player, I sure hope othere teams are?  Where is there a list we can see without reading paragraphs of opinion in between?

5 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Well they just lost Perron to the new Vegas team.  So if they lose a quality player, I sure hope othere teams are?  Where is there a list we can see without reading paragraphs of opinion in between?

Well, one thing is for sure:

If nothing else, the Vegas Knights WON'T be getting pushed around by other teams.

Clayton Stoner, Chris Thorburn, Deryk Engelland, Marc Methot are some rough boys on the ice.

Then you have Neal, Emelin, Garrison, and Bellemare who CAN play a physical game if they so choose as well.

If Las Vegas can't quite keep up with other teams on the scoreboard, perhaps they can then take solace in the fact they can beat up or grind up the other teams instead. :eyeroll:

Vegas exits the draft with a cap hit of $74,815,000. Second highest in the league behind the Blackhawks.

So... who get's traded tomorrow,  who gets waived?

2 minutes ago, Samifan said:

After calling out Fleury and interviewing him,  there is no way he's getting flipped. New face of the franchise.

At least the Knights won't have to worry about his choking in the playoffs for a couple years. 

18 minutes ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

I kind of like the Vegas jerseys.  They will be one of the biggest teams in the league but I think they will also be one of the slowest.

Some of their younger guys can fly (eg Haula), but yeah lots of plodders, including on D. 

10 minutes ago, hf101 said:

Vegas exits the draft with a cap hit of $74,815,000. Second highest in the league behind the Blackhawks.

TVR to CAR says Bobby Mac

Methot to DAL

Waived: Thorburn? I think he might be done, not sure what he has left in the tank. Would bring some leadership obvs, but

So the VGK 1st round picks are now: 6,13,15?

1 minute ago, Podein25 said:

TVR to CAR says Bobby Mac

Methot to DAL

Waived: Thorburn? I think he might be done, not sure what he has left in the tank. Would bring some leadership obvs, but

So the VGK 1st round picks are now: 6,13,15?

Most of the roster are UFA next season.  it will be a completely different roster than the one they just spent the year planning and preparing to draft.  

17 minutes ago, hf101 said:

How many players will actually count on their cap?  Some of those guys will be sent down to the AHL and their salary won't count against the cap.

Just now, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

How many players will actually count on their cap?  Some of those guys will be sent down to the AHL and their salary won't count against the cap.

We'll have to wait for what shakes out in trades.  Clarkson will be a LTIR.

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/goldenknights

The plan is to obviously grow with draft picks as they will be sellers at the trade deadline too

5 minutes ago, hf101 said:

Most of the roster are UFA next season.  it will be a completely different roster than the one they just spent the year planning and preparing to draft.  

Yeah, this roster was all about the draft, stockpiling assets. It's hard to find fault in any of it.

4 minutes ago, hf101 said:

We'll have to wait for what shakes out in trades.  Clarkson will be a LTIR.

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/goldenknights

The plan is to obviously grow with draft picks as they will be sellers at the trade deadline too

They will still need to get rid of some salary.  Of the roster players, 4 are RFAs and two UFAs.  Their salaries aren't even included in the total (yet).  

5 minutes ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

They will still need to get rid of some salary.  Of the roster players, 4 are RFAs and two UFAs.  Their salaries aren't even included in the total (yet).  

I thought they would have picked a few more RFA players and maybe would look to Free Agency also.

On 6/20/2017 at 2:44 PM, yave1964 said:

@B21  the Blues will not have their own farm team in 2017-18 as bizzare as that may sound. The Wolves are the farm team of the Knights for next year and the Blues will 'loan' prospects to the team to allow them to play. The AHL/NHL agreement has always been that you are only allowed so many over aged players, so many players who have appeared in X amount of games, ect... but Chicago has always more or less operated as an independent with a handful of Blues players filling out the roster as a way of circumventing the rules. Now St. Louis is going to go an entire season with a few players loaned to the Knights AHL team and the rest of their prospects playing in the ECHL.

I'm trying to go through some brain cells that may or may not be damaged.   This is the kind of thing that the Sabres and Panthers did many a year ago, and did not work out.   It went something like this. The Rochester Americans were the standalone of the Sabres, but not owned by the Sabres, so when players were sent down, the Rochester owners(local) had to pay the salaries agree on by the Sabres.  So the local Americans ownership was losing money.  So they made a deal to be the farm team of both the Sabres and Panthers.   But there were some bitter feelings on which players were getting which roles, and I believe both teams were not satisfied that the players were not  being groomed to their systems when they arrived in the NHL as they were all independent.  This lasted a few years until the Sabres finally purchased the Americans and took control of the AHL affiliate solely. 

Can't see how an independent team can work out as an AHL affiliate.  Looking at how teams that are solely owned by their parent club work out with coordinated coaching schemes so that players can be brought up seamlessly into the NHL systems seems like perfect system.  Plus it allows the parent club total control of player developement. 

@nossagog

Jumping into this part of the topic a bit late, but I agree....I don't see how a 'shared' affiliate helps anyone.

At best, like you said, both teams will be dissatisfied with the way young players are handled.

At WORST, one team will be getting screwed over as the other team may get things go more their way with regards to player development, while the other has to take what is 'left over'.

There have been a few cases where NHL teams shared an affiliate and almost always, one team (usually the more established or high profile team) gets the better end of good players, while the other has to settle for the so-so ones.

6 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

So I wonder how they got Neal?

3 hours ago, pilldoc said:

Nashville left him exposed ......

Rick's brain has been exposed...as empty

10 hours ago, nossagog said:

I'm trying to go through some brain cells that may or may not be damaged.   This is the kind of thing that the Sabres and Panthers did many a year ago, and did not work out.   It went something like this. The Rochester Americans were the standalone of the Sabres, but not owned by the Sabres, so when players were sent down, the Rochester owners(local) had to pay the salaries agree on by the Sabres.  So the local Americans ownership was losing money.  So they made a deal to be the farm team of both the Sabres and Panthers.   But there were some bitter feelings on which players were getting which roles, and I believe both teams were not satisfied that the players were not  being groomed to their systems when they arrived in the NHL as they were all independent.  This lasted a few years until the Sabres finally purchased the Americans and took control of the AHL affiliate solely. 

Can't see how an independent team can work out as an AHL affiliate.  Looking at how teams that are solely owned by their parent club work out with coordinated coaching schemes so that players can be brought up seamlessly into the NHL systems seems like perfect system.  Plus it allows the parent club total control of player developement. 

Right off the top of my head, you could see who starts in goal as being a major squabbling point. Both teams would want their best young prospect to be playing with regularity. Unless the starts are split, which seem silly, especially if one guy is outplaying the other. Just where do the fans factor in,? They have a right to see the best team on the ice. What a piss poor way to run a franchise. The Flyers do some messed up stuff, but sharing a farm team, that would NEVER fly!

Archived