Game 6: Panthers at Flyers, October 17, 2017, 7:00 PM EDT

brelic

12 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yes TK's hustle generated this play...

giphy.gif

...i wouldn't mess with it now that it is rolling.

Nice backcheck by TK too.

giphy.gif

Now if someone can't teach Jake how to score...

At some point soon, TK is going to explode for a ton of points (hopefully with Patrick) and people are going to say, "where did that come from?!" But we'll know this kid has been a helluva hockey player for us all along.  

He's what,  20?  Boy That makes me smile. 

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hard to complain these days. The team is a lot of fun to watch.   Sure I'd like Sanhiem playing but you can't argue with results.  I even like Hak giving the Flyers days off (like from practice today) to keep their legs fresh. 

So I've come up with a complaint.  I don't like Neuvirth's mask - the pixelated Camo.  It looks like some bad colored minecraft thing.  Sorry, that's all I've got.

13 minutes ago, off_the_post said:

Hard to complain these days. The team is a lot of fun to watch.   Sure I'd like Sanhiem playing but you can't argue with results.  I even like Hak giving the Flyers days off (like from practice today) to keep their legs fresh. 

So I've come up with a complaint.  I don't like Neuvirth's mask - the pixelated Camo.  It looks like some bad colored minecraft thing.  Sorry, that's all I've got.

Whoo boy, this board is gonna be lit AF after the Flyers fall back to Earth and lose 10 in a row!

3 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Whoo boy, this board is gonna be lit AF after the Flyers fall back to Earth and lose 10 in a row!

That's just it - I don't think this team would lose 10 in a row. They're obviously playing on a high right now, and it won't sustain for an entire season, but I just can't imagine that kind of long losing streak with this group.

7 minutes ago, brelic said:

That's just it - I don't think this team would lose 10 in a row. They're obviously playing on a high right now, and it won't sustain for an entire season, but I just can't imagine that kind of long losing streak with this group.

Oh yeah? I don't lack for imagination. 

51 minutes ago, off_the_post said:

Well this proves that taste is in your mouth...I think that mask looks pretty cool. :cheers:

40 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

You know what's really interesting, all the broadcasters kept talking about was how pissed the TEAM was over the last Preds game.  I don' remember hearing that about this team in like, well, forever.  I think it's fantastic that this team is hating to lose again, that alone may prevent any 10 game losing streaks.

17 minutes ago, fan4ever said:

You know what's really interesting, all the broadcasters kept talking about was how pissed the TEAM was over the last Preds game.  I don' remember hearing that about this team in like, well, forever.  I think it's fantastic that this team is hating to lose again, that alone may prevent any 10 game losing streaks.

That is interesting. The way they lost that game would make anybody mad as hell. 

Team is playing with a lot of confidence right now.  Gotta give Hakstol a lot of credit for running a good camp and for getting his players to play his way.  Credit also goes to the leadership group.  Yes, Giroux and Voracek had an off game and some iffy plays, but by and large they have been playing the way they need to and setting a good example (Giroux in particular).  Couturier has been great on that first line.  I like that he defers to Giroux and Voracek in the o-zone, letting G handle the center's role in that zone.

I wish Konecny and Weal would get on the scoreboard more because they are doing a lot of little things that are helping to create goals.  For example, a lot of focus re: Ghost's goal was the give and go with Simmonds.  However, Weal kept skating forward toward the net taking the d-man with him and creating space for Ghost to receive the pass and rip that shot.

Fun watching these guys play.

19 minutes ago, vis said:

Couturier has been great on that first line.  I like that he defers to Giroux and Voracek in the o-zone, letting G handle the center's role in that zone.

He's not deferring, he just can't skate well enough. 

3 hours ago, King Knut said:

Even if they'd have had the cap room, committing to a better goalie just wasn't in the cards.

- Because of the Vegas draft, everyone locked up thand FA's before 7/1. 

-most of those guys got longer deals than we'd want.  Most of those deals were for longer than the goalie in question will be good for.  

Oh, I completely get this.   And terrific post.

They're just going to give me heart palpitations while they're the tandem.

14 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I've got drugs for that too! ;)

Like I shared with you before in chat...... I will share once more for all to enjoy ...LOL .... :VeryCool:

droppet+medicin+meekatt.JPG

23 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Wouldn't be Flyers hockey otherwise.

All I can say is that we've recently seen Lundqvist and Rinne look just about as bad as our guys so there's never really safety right?  

25 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Look on the bright side ...we could have Steve "I'm going to rob you blind" Mason with his 4.1 million 5.98 GAA :hehe:

8 hours ago, brelic said:

I agree with this.  They'll lose, sure but last year even when they were winning ten in a row, any of those games could easily have gone the other way. They looked sketchy.  Right on the edge.   Not so now.  They look like a team that's still only figuring themselves out but which no one can keep up with anyway.  

I am am feeling strong that this is the beginning of the new era.  Not that it's cup run time, but the corner has been turned. 

4 hours ago, King Knut said:

I agree with this.  They'll lose, sure but last year even when they were winning ten in a row, any of those games could easily have gone the other way. They looked sketchy.  Right on the edge.   Not so now.  They look like a team that's still only figuring themselves out but which no one can keep up with anyway.  

I am am feeling strong that this is the beginning of the new era.  Not that it's cup run time, but the corner has been turned. 

Just the fact that we're not going out spending millions of $$$ on 35 year olds to "fill in the gaps" for short-term gain means we've turned the corner...just that fact in itself. They're letting the kids figure the NHL game out instead...thankfully.

Archived