Provorov - Man or machine?

brelic

Provorov - Man or Machine?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Is Ivan Provorov a man or a machine?

• Man. Homo sapiens. Regular dude who plays hockey.
    • Highly-engineered post-Soviet era cyborg with a long battery life. New skins available 2020.

Found this article on Provorov. That workout routine seems intense!!

http://sonsofpenn.com/ivan-provorov-offseason-training-regimen-workout-paying-off-on-ice/

In a redraft, would you take McDavid over him? What about Eichel? Strome? Marner? Hanifin? Zacha?

The one thing I will say is that I hope they can find a veteran presence for him once MacDud is gone - hopefully bought out after this season. I know, Provorov looks great on his own, but imagine what a true mentor can do. He's still a kid and will have a lot of ups and downs - having someone mentor *him* while he mentors the other young D would probably go a long way to balance things out.

http://www.spotrac.com/nhl/free-agents/2018/defenseman/ufa/

Not a great list, but some food for thought.

8 hours ago, brelic said:

http://sonsofpenn.com/ivan-provorov-offseason-training-regimen-workout-paying-off-on-ice/

In a redraft, would you take McDavid over him? What about Eichel? Strome? Marner? Hanifin? Zacha?

The one thing I will say is that I hope they can find a veteran presence for him once MacDud is gone - hopefully bought out after this season. I know, Provorov looks great on his own, but imagine what a true mentor can do. He's still a kid and will have a lot of ups and downs - having someone mentor *him* while he mentors the other young D would probably go a long way to balance things out.

Rumor has it he is son of Ivan Drago.

However at this time documentation can't be found to either confirm or deny such claim.

All that reporters can get out of him on this subject is the constant response of "I must break you!"

More news at 11.

:beer:

2 hours ago, brelic said:

Nice poll!  The kid is a beast!  and in a redraft, I wouldn't take anybody over this kid.  He has it all!  He is quickly becoming my favorite player!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, fan4ever said:

Nice poll!  The kid is a beast!  and in a redraft, I wouldn't take anybody over this kid.  He has it all!  He is quickly becoming my favorite player!!!!!!!!

Really? Even over McDavid? I think he's the only one I would take ahead of Provorov, and Ivan is already my favourite player. He's the one I focus on when I watch.

37 minutes ago, brelic said:

Really? Even over McDavid? I think he's the only one I would take ahead of Provorov, and Ivan is already my favourite player. He's the one I focus on when I watch.

I'd still take McDavid but that's not a knock on Provorov.

1 minute ago, flyercanuck said:

I'd take McDavid over him....Eichel, sorry, I really don't like his attitude...Strome? Marner? Hanifan? Zacha? Not a chance.

qgPUjBN.gif

Agreed! 

Imagine if the Leafs had Provorov over Marner? They'd be better positioned for the future. 

Granted, they didn't know they were going to get Matthews... 

Yeah, McDavid is THE generational talent in that draft, and he's the only one I'd put above Provo.

3 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

I'm in the mood for bold statements, so let's just say it: Ivan is the best draft pick this club has made since they took Robert Earle Clarke 17th overall in 1969. 

Hextall did win the Conn Smythe in 1987, so I would still put him ahead of Provy ever so slightly AT THIS POINT, but you're not far off.

Just now, FD19372 said:

Hextall did win the Conn Smythe in 1987, so I would still put him ahead of Provy ever so slightly AT THIS POINT, but you're not far off.

He did.

But they also LOST to the hated Oilers so there's that.

3 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

He did.

But they also LOST to the hated Oilers so there's that.

Without him, they lose that series in 5 against arguably the greatest hockey team of all-time. 

6 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Yet Ivan is only 20 and they have the same amount of Cups!!! :ph34r:

So there is still hope Ivan wins one!!! :cheers:

3 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Without him, they lose that series in 5 against arguably the greatest hockey team of all-time. 

Yeah I know. Hell they don't even get to that series probably. Don't worry, I haven't forgotten about Hexy in his playing days. What a site to behold he was. 

5 hours ago, Podein25 said:

I'm in the mood for bold statements, so let's just say it: Ivan is the best draft pick this club has made since they took Robert Earle Clarke 17th overall in 1969. 

What?  The best since Clarke?  I've got two words for you... BEHOLD RANDY!!!!

Archived