Provorov Interview

fan4ever

http://sonsofpenn.com/ivan-provorov-plays-through-pain-shows-heart-in-interview-after-season-ending-loss/

My heart is breaking for this kid. He is putting the whole loss on his shoulders during this interview and holding back tears in the process, standing there and taking it like a man.

Meanwhile.......Gudas refuses to give any interview!!!  Ass!

1 hour ago, fan4ever said:

http://sonsofpenn.com/ivan-provorov-plays-through-pain-shows-heart-in-interview-after-season-ending-loss/

My heart is breaking for this kid. He is putting the whole loss on his shoulders during this interview and holding back tears in the process, standing there and taking it like a man.

See?!  We don't always disagree!    Agree on both counts (so you must be wrong  :VeryCool:)

I almost -- not quite -- feel bad for Gudas.   I don't feel bad for him that he runs and hides while a kid who was very much one of the main reasons we were even there puts the loss on himself when it's quite likely he was very hurt.   But I feel bad for him that he was at least an effective down-pairing guy who brought energy and physicality that masked some of his shortcomings otherwise who has been neutered by the league somewhat unfairly and has left him less than a shadow of what he was.  Now there's no mask.  Just shortcomings.

1 hour ago, fan4ever said:

Radko Gudas is likely in a much darker place right now.  

The simple fact of the matter is that Provorov knows he could have done better.  We all know it too.  Plus we know he was playing hurt.

Gudas could likely not have done any better.  And we all know that too.  

All I can say is that at least the chances are a good 95% we'll never have to watch Hakstol put Gudas and Manning together again.

2 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Man, that's really hard to watch, huh?

Not remotely as emotional but Couturier's, "I guess a tore my MCL?" response is priceless to me.  5 points on the night. 9 points in 5 games and he's still downplaying the fact that he did most of it on one leg.    

2 hours ago, fan4ever said:

If Hexie is going to hand out long-term contract Provorov is one of the few that I'd like to see get one.

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

Without Provorov that series is 4 games long.

Without him they are in the top 5 in the draft...kid has just been amazing.

Strange what i haven't seen anywhere is that Mcdud could have played that puck better maybe kept it protected it so as to buy time for guys to get back but he made a panicky move with a Pen player all over him and passes it back toward center ice in his own zone...always a no no.

Anyways this burn in his stomach will motivate him all offseason heading into next but it isn't like he needs motivation.

Amazing to see such a young player take personal responsibility with such maturity.  He was the furthest thing from the problem with this team and still took ownership for the mistakes he did have.  He will only grow and get better from this experience, can't wait to see how he develops.

I believe he must have separated his shoulder.  As soon as I saw the replay that is what I thought of immediately...speaking from experience of having separated and had surgery on both shoulders before..  Hopefully it is not a significant injury that he can take a month off to recover and then get right back at his top secret summer training program. 

5 hours ago, sekkes85 said:

Amazing to see such a young player take personal responsibility with such maturity.  He was the furthest thing from the problem with this team and still took ownership for the mistakes he did have.  He will only grow and get better from this experience, can't wait to see how he develops.

Do I dare say that the Flyers might have another Mark Howe on their hands in Provorov!

14 hours ago, Lindbergh31 said:

Do I dare say that the Flyers might have another Mark Howe on their hands in Provorov!

Heck, Provorov is already a better defenceman than Howe was at this age. 

(Howe was still a left winger  :IDunnoSmiley: )  

T-3000 played with a grade 3 AC sprain and lost feeling in his arm during game 6....

#warrior

http://sonsofpenn.com/ivan-provorov-played-with-grade-3-ac-sprain-lost-feeling-in-arm-during-game-6/

Here’s a look at the difference between a Grade 1, 2, and 3 AC Sprain.

ACJointSeparation.png

On 4/23/2018 at 12:34 PM, King Knut said:

Not remotely as emotional but Couturier's, "I guess a tore my MCL?" response is priceless to me.  5 points on the night. 9 points in 5 games and he's still downplaying the fact that he did most of it on one leg.    

yeah, heartless group eh ?

11 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

T-3000 played with a grade 3 AC sprain and lost feeling in his arm during game 6....

#warrior

http://sonsofpenn.com/ivan-provorov-played-with-grade-3-ac-sprain-lost-feeling-in-arm-during-game-6/

Here’s a look at the difference between a Grade 1, 2, and 3 AC Sprain.

ACJointSeparation.png

OUCH!!!

Heal quickly Ivan!!!!

Was reading Metzers blog this morning on the player exit interviews.  Provorov's shoulder will take 6-8 weeks to heal and will not require surgery.  

Provorov also plans to take on a leadership role with the team next season, pushing himself to step out of his comfort zone to be more vocal in the locker room and to mentor some of the team's prospects as they come up to the NHL. 

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Bill-Meltzer/Quick-Hits-Injuries-World-Championships-and-More/45/92559

12 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

yeah, heartless group eh ?

Now we learn that Provo’s shoulder was separated and when he coughed up the puck in the third, he literally couldn’t feel his arm.  

Also did you see the laundry list of what was wrong with Simmonds all year?  

-A tear in his pelvic area (since before camp apparently)

-a fractured ankle

-a pulled groin

- busted his mouth twice (whatever that means-though this is the one we all saw happen, don’t know when the other one happened though) 

-a torn ligament in his thumb.

There were also reports that Giroux and Ghost were in bad shape early in the penguins series though I haven’t seen specifics on them yet. 

I know every team goes through stuff this time of year, but this feels like a lot. 

Archived