2018-19 HF.net Fantasy Hockey Sign Up

pilldoc

Do you want to participate in this years HF.net FHL?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to participate in this years HF.net FHL?

• YES (please respond to this post if you indicate yes)
    • NO
    • Maybe if you need more GM's

This poll is closed to new votes

Good Morning Everyone,

As the calendar turns to the 1st week of August it is once again that time for many us to be thinking about one of our favorite past times in the hockey world …. Fantasy Hockey Leagues (FHL).

With the implementation of a new format and platform, many of us experienced a very exciting Fantasy Hockey season last year.  In the All Star League alone we had over 30+ trades! 

I would like to give a shout out to @J0e Th0rnton for winning the All Star League last year.  As an honorable mention, I would also like to recognize @yave1964 for having an outstanding season and winning the President’s Trophy going away.  Unfortunately the Fantasy Hockey gods were not kind to his team come playoff time as his team struggled throughout the playoffs.  Because of @yaves164 outstanding GM-ship and guiding his team to the President’s Trophy, we implemented a new rule which will be explained below.

I would also like to congratulate @Mad Dog for winning the Conn Smythe League and moving up to the All Star League. this coming season.

The HF.net Fantasy League is now open for sign-ups.  Our “FREE” FHL is currently a two (2) Tier League.

• Tier 1 = All Star League. This League is by invite only by finishing top 6 in last years All Star League and finishing top 6 in last year’s Tier 2 Bantam League (Conn Smythe League).
  • Tier 2 = Bantam League.  The Bantam League will be comprise of at least one (1) team known as the Conn Smythe League.  If needed, a second Bantam League known as the Jack Adams League will be added.  Both of these Leagues are open to everyone.  No experience is required. 

I will be sending out both PM’s and e-mails to those who participated last year inquiring to your desire to participate this year or not.

I am also highly encouraging our new members from the Minnesota Wild Forum to participate.  We would love to have many of you join our League.  We have a wonderful FHL and you will be a great addition to our league.

We will be using the same format as last year with YAHOO as our FHL platform. 

It will again be a Head-to-Head: Categories type FHL. In a Head-to-Head League, your team will square off in a weekly matchup against another fantasy team to see who can compile the best stats across a number of different categories.  This again will be a DAILY roster setting league.

The roster will remain the same as last year with one notable change. It was suggested that we drop a d-man slot and add a utility position.  Therefore this change will be effect for the upcoming season.

Roster Size will consist of a total of 20 players with the starting line-up of 16 players. That leaves 4 for the bench and  2 spots for players on IR when needed. The breakdown for the roster is as follows:  (RED = NEW CHANGE FOR THIS YEAR)

• Centers = 3 / Left Wing = 3 / Right Wing = 3 / D-men = 4 / Utility Player = 1
  • Goalie = 2 (max of 3 per roster)
  • Bench = 4 (forwards, defenseman or a goalie)
  • IR+ (if needed) = 2  (IR+ means if a player is day to day you can put them on IR)

The scoring categories have NOT changed and WILL REMAIN THE SAME as last year.

New this year we are adding that the President's Trophy Winner for all the Leagues (the GM who has the most points at the end of the regular season) will automatically be invited into the All Star League for the following year regardless how they fair in the playoffs.

Complete guideline can be found here: https://www.hockeyforums.net/fantasy/hf.net-fhl/=1/

A draft date and time has not been determined yet and will be announced as soon as possible.

In addition, as those who sign up for the Bantam League, we will allow you to choose either the Conn Smythe League or Jack Adams League in which to participate. 

Finally I would like to recognize those who have earned the right to participate in the All Star League this year.  Please confirm ASAP if you plan on participating this year.

HF.net ALL STAR FHL
Halifax Sharknado  Joe
Bakanekimiwa's Team Bak
Hell Bears Rux
Inside Edge Hockey  InsideEdge
Divine Swine  Pilldoc
Green Star Blades TFG
Putting on the foil yave
AKOF Mad Dog
Mom's Trust Letang!! Brent (Hf Co-worker)
MrDanglez67's Team MrDanglez67  
Lady Knights Team ladyneat
Nasty AngryMan molonsoff (NastyAngryMan)

Those in green moved up from Conn Smythe.  Pilldoc also qualified in Conn Smythe and therefore this spot will be given to yave.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL THIS YEAR!

You may also contact either myself or @hf101 if you have any questions.

Thank you!

hf101 (Site Manager)

pilldoc (Manager / HF.net Fantasy Hockey League Manager)

Edited by pilldoc

I am absolutely in. I plan on coming in 8th, barely stumbling into the playoffs after a very mediocre year and then winning it all, in other words the opposite of most years where I kill it in the regular season and then poo the bed come playoff time, lol.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, yave1964 said:

I am absolutely in. I plan on coming in 8th, barely stumbling into the playoffs after a very mediocre year and then winning it all, in other words the opposite of most years where I kill it in the regular season and then poo the bed come playoff time, lol.

In other words you are going to pull off what @J0e Th0rnton did this past year. ;)

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, one of the noobies here but I might be interested in joining and trying to win my way up from the low tiered league(s) up to the tops especially if we can get some of the other Wild Members on board it would be awesome. I've been playing Fantasy sports on Yahoo  including Hockey/Baseball/Football and one or two years of Basketball since 2000/2001, while that probably doesn't mean much as you guy's have probably been playing just as long as me or longer and been in much more competitive leagues but at least it shows I'd stick with it and not just give up halfway through or even forget that I had a team period which ends up happening a lot in public leagues and even in the competitive ones too.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, bbgarnett said:

Hey, one of the noobies here but I might be interested in joining and trying to win my way up from the low tiered league(s) up to the tops especially if we can get some of the other Wild Members on board it would be awesome. I've been playing Fantasy sports on Yahoo  including Hockey/Baseball/Football and one or two years of Basketball since 2000/2001, while that probably doesn't mean much as you guy's have probably been playing just as long as me or longer and been in much more competitive leagues but at least it shows I'd stick with it and not just give up halfway through or even forget that I had a team period which ends up happening a lot in public leagues and even in the competitive ones too.

Great.  Maybe I will be in the same league as you this year, as my team didn't meet expectations last year.  :unsure[1]:

I do hope more from the Wild forum will join this year also.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hf101 said:

Great.  Maybe I will be in the same league as you this year, as my team didn't meet expectations last year.  :unsure[1]:

I do hope more from the Wild forum will join this year also.

Maybe post it on the wild forum since there are so many new members there

• Like 1

I got my invite! It's almost hockey season, kids! 

Things may change, but it will be difficult for me to be as active in trades. My round trip daily commute time is between 5 1/2 and 6 hours. It's not leaving much time for anything other than work, driving, and self-preservation sleep. 

• Like 1

I officially opened up the All Star League on Yahoo.  For those who are returning to the All Star League, you should be all set.

11 hours ago, ruxpin said:

I got my invite! It's almost hockey season, kids! 

Things may change, but it will be difficult for me to be as active in trades. My round trip daily commute time is between 5 1/2 and 6 hours. It's not leaving much time for anything other than work, driving, and self-preservation sleep. 

god Rux .. that is tough and one hell of a commute.  :( 

14 hours ago, bbgarnett said:

@bbgarnett we would love to have you and your fellow Wild Members.  I will post something on the Wild forum.  Please spread the word and have them sign here and have them send me a PM with their e-mail address.

11 hours ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Maybe post it on the wild forum since there are so many new members there

That is a great idea! 

On 8/22/2018 at 6:48 AM, pilldoc said:

I would officially like to welcome back @JR Ewing who has decided join us again this year! :)

Glad to have you back my friend. :toast:

Daily league, but its still weekly head to head matchups right?  Otherwise, it'd be mega complicated to have a different fantasy team to go against each day I would think.  I'm in if its still week to week head to head...otherwise, nah.  

6 minutes ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

Daily league, but its still weekly head to head matchups right?  Otherwise, it'd be mega complicated to have a different fantasy team to go against each day I would think.  I'm in if its still week to week head to head...otherwise, nah.  

Yes, it is the same standard weekly head to head matchups with daily roster scoring.  Rosters can be set in advance but it is best to check it daily.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

Exactly what @hf101 said.  It is a weekly league with setting the rosters daily.  Sorry for the confusion.  The wording is awkward in my original post and I will modified it.  Thanks! :)

@CreaseAndAssist .. Thanks for wanting to join up! Glad to have you aboard.  Please send me your e-mail address in a PM and I will get you on my list.  Thanks! :)

Edited by pilldoc

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, FD19372 said:

HF,

I don't know if you signed me up to a league, but I would like to participate.

Yes, @FD19372 you are signed up as on of the 13 this far for the Conn Smythe League. We will be getting the invites out this weekend.  

• Thanks 1

• hf101 unpinned this topic