Jori Lehtera involved in Cocaine Investigation

AJgoal

7 minutes ago, brelic said:

Not sure how it works. @vis might know.

Is an indictment enough to suspend / terminate employment? Maybe suspend pending the outcome? 

I don't know how that plays in the CBA. That's a question for @aziz

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meanwhile, over in Minnesota Wild Land...

Mikael Granlund and Mikko Koivu are signing affidavits that they knew NOTHING of the activities in the summer house, and that Koivu, while away from his team on "IR", was indeed dropping off ONLY bags of sugar for the upcoming cookie festival...……..  :ph34r:

10 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

blake shelton GIF

Speaking of which all these drugs were in Rick's system when he died Xanax, Valium, Vicodin and Wellbutrin, Meth and a few for his heart.

Wow a walking drug store.

9 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Speaking of which all these drugs were in Rick's system when he died Xanax, Valium, Vicodin and Wellbutrin, Meth and a few for his heart.

Wow a walking drug store.

damm ...there is a few drug interactions for ya!

1 hour ago, brelic said:

Not sure how it works. @vis might know.

Is an indictment enough to suspend / terminate employment? Maybe suspend pending the outcome? 

Have to imagine indictment on drug charges of this sort is sufficient to terminate his contract under a "morals" clause.  I think the Kings took that approach with Richards and although challenged by the NHLPA and ultimately settled, the "facts" here seem much more egregious than in Richards' case.  Plus, the NHLPA was probably able to make a convincing argument that the Kings used Richards' issues as a pretext for terminating an onerous contract.  Lehtera's contract is not nearly as problematic as Richards', nor is the Flyers' cap situation.

I don't know how quickly Visas can get revoked based on an indictment (as opposed to a convection).  Not really in my bailiwick.

1 hour ago, AJgoal said:

I don't know how that plays in the CBA. That's a question for @aziz

i heard my name?  :)

not entirely sure with the current CBA (i haven't even watched a hockey game in two years at this point), but it would definitely be grounds for contract termination back when i knew what i was talking about.  it's how LA got rid of Richards a few years back, when he got caught with oxy.

2 minutes ago, vis said:

Plus, the NHLPA was probably able to make a convincing argument that the Kings used Richards' issues as a pretext for terminating an onerous contract.  Lehtera's contract is not nearly as problematic as Richards', nor is the Flyers' cap situation.

that's a very interesting (and good) point.

1 hour ago, aziz said:

i heard my name?  :)

not entirely sure with the current CBA (i haven't even watched a hockey game in two years at this point), but it would definitely be grounds for contract termination back when i knew what i was talking about.  it's how LA got rid of Richards a few years back, when he got caught with oxy.

Hey bud, really good to see you. Hope you're doing well. 

21 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

McDonald is under investigation for fraud and grand theft. He has been impersonating a defenseman and stealing a paycheck for years.

The evidence before the court is
Incontrivertable, there's no need for
The jury to retire.
In all my years of judging
I have never heard before 
Of someone more deserving
Of the full penaltie of law.
The way you made them suffer,

6 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

The evidence before the court is
Incontrivertable, there's no need for
The jury to retire.
In all my years of judging
I have never heard before 
Of someone more deserving
Of the full penaltie of law.
The way you made them suffer,

To the Pit of Misery! Dilly!! Dilly!!

16 hours ago, vis said:

Have to imagine indictment on drug charges of this sort is sufficient to terminate his contract under a "morals" clause.  I think the Kings took that approach with Richards and although challenged by the NHLPA and ultimately settled, the "facts" here seem much more egregious than in Richards' case.  Plus, the NHLPA was probably able to make a convincing argument that the Kings used Richards' issues as a pretext for terminating an onerous contract.  Lehtera's contract is not nearly as problematic as Richards', nor is the Flyers' cap situation.

I don't know how quickly Visas can get revoked based on an indictment (as opposed to a convection).  Not really in my bailiwick.

Great point. There's really no urgency at this point other than optics - and that will speak to their tolerance level as an organization I suppose.

16 minutes ago, brelic said:

Great point. There's really no urgency at this point other than optics - and that will speak to their tolerance level as an organization I suppose.

And the bum will be gone at the end of the year too IF they can't even basically give him away at the trade deadline to a needy team (yeah they would have to God awful needy to want him know but a brother can dream can't he?).

At this point right now there may be only two UFAs I would try and bring back.

Raffl and Elliott and Elliott is still a maybe depending on if/when he comes back and how he performs can change all that quickly.

4 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

And the bum will be gone at the end of the year too IF they can't even basically give him away at the trade deadline to a needy team (yeah they would have to God awful needy to want him know but a brother can dream can't he?).

Depends what they need ;)

5 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

At this point right now there may be only two UFAs I would try and bring back.

Raffl and Elliott and Elliott is still a maybe depending on if/when he comes back and how he performs can change all that quickly.

Yeah, I don't know about Elliott. I mean, a healthy Elliott, sure. He's a fine tandem/backup goalie. But if he becomes unreliable, I don't know that the Flyers want to go through that again.

Raffl is a no brainer. Love his game and work ethic. He brings it every night, can play anywhere in the lineup in a pinch, and actually has some skill. That pass was a beauty last night.

Oh, and he plays a "heavy" game :)

Archived