If we fail on this road trip, is it enough to sign Hakstols walking papers and the rest of the coaches.

RonJeremy

I honestly think it is enough to do this now.  If they can't get in the winning column on this trip Hextall is asking to be relieved from Comcast.   

Honestly I am hoping they go 0-4 so this coaching staff gets the boot...   I thought I would never say that about the Flyers but this needs to change.   You can't fire the players but you can certainly change the coaching staff and change the look of the team.    

Trading a player and getting rid of the coaching staff are not mutually exclusive.  And again I am still not sold on Hextall as a GM.   He drafts well but outside of the draft ans clearing the salary cap I am not all that impressed.   His patience is admirable but he also has glaring blind spots..... 

52 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

I honestly think it is enough to do this now.  If they can't get in the winning column on this trip Hextall is asking to be relieved from Comcast.   

Honestly I am hoping they go 0-4 so this coaching staff gets the boot...   I thought I would never say that about the Flyers but this needs to change.   You can't fire the players but you can certainly change the coaching staff and change the look of the team.    

Trading a player and getting rid of the coaching staff are not mutually exclusive.  And again I am still not sold on Hextall as a GM.   He drafts well but outside of the draft ans clearing the salary cap I am not all that impressed.   His patience is admirable but he also has glaring blind spots..... 

Yes. This.

I won't rehash the other thread, but it's time to blow the whole front office and coaching staff up.  I really do think a lot of the problem is still the meddling imbecilic hands of Bob Clarke and Paul Holmgren.

The biggest problems are of course,  coaching staff, goaltending,  defense and leadership. We can write off this season with the goaltending we have, forget about stealing a game, they can't even stop routine shots. Realistically Hart is a full year or two from just making the team, and several years after that from being a dominant force. Stolarz and Lyon need to play a lot to really see what they have, so how are we gonna play 3 goalies in the AHL. Do we go after Bob as an UFA this offseason ? It may be 4 years before Hart is actually ready to be the starter.

I still think a trade has to be made to bring in a quality veteran defenseman to anchor and mentor this group , we can't expect 2 more young guys like Myers and Morin to come in and actually play better than the young dmen we have now. I think a Pronger type trade may be the only way to stop the bleeding. 

Leadership is missing from the coaches right through the lineup. The same problems exist now from when Hakstol started, giving up the first goal, poor fundamentals,  mental errors and pathetic PK. I dont see this coaching staff surviving another year.  

I dont see where our inspirational leader is coming from out of the existing group. Maybe Radcliffe or Allison will be the future leaders.  I really wanted us to trade up for Tkachuk in the past draft, to me , he is exactly the type of old school guy this team needs.

6 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Yes. This.

I won't rehash the other thread, but it's time to blow the whole front office and coaching staff up.  I really do think a lot of the problem is still the meddling imbecilic hands of Bob Clarke and Paul Holmgren.

If you're suggesting ridding ourselves of Holmgren and Clarke's influence, Ed Snider probably said in his will that he wants them involved with the organ-eye-zation for life. So, good luck at getting rid of them.

2 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

If you're suggesting ridding ourselves of Holmgren and Clarke's influence, Ed Snider probably said in his will that he wants them involved with the organ-eye-zation for life. So, good luck at getting rid of them.

We need a damned exorcism.

2 minutes ago, Puck_Pun said:

The flyers Facebook groups keep going on about how they want Tortorella in charge. Thoughts on that idea?

The type? Or the actual guy? 

Tell the morons that frequent that page that he's already employed and it ain't happening. 

Plus. What has he done in 13 years? 

31 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

The type? Or the actual guy? 

Tell the morons that frequent that page that he's already employed and it ain't happening. 

Plus. What has he done in 13 years? 

Heh, fair enough. The Facebook world comes up with some odd suggestions at times

21 minutes ago, Puck_Pun said:

Heh, fair enough. The Facebook world comes up with some odd suggestions at times

I hope that didn't come across as directed at you. I'm sorry if it did, it wasn't intended. 

It was directed at the Flyers Facebook page. Yeah, the stuff there is beyond odd. 

That said, I understand the desire for type. I think that's some of what you'd get with Sutter, but I'm not sure whether it's a good idea. 

I'm not sure it's not, either. 

47 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

My vote for new Flyers head coach is Bob Hartley or Darryl Sutter.

Sutter has said he is done and retired.

I would like to see about Dave Tippett. I always thought he did a lot with very little out in Arizona.

Hartley is an interesting name i think he is overseas somewhere.

Whomever it is i would like for them to have had NHL experience already and some amount of success himself or under someone who has.

18 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Sutter has said he is done and retired.

I would like to see about Dave Tippett. I always thought he did a lot with very little out in Arizona.

Hartley is an interesting name i think he is overseas somewhere.

Whomever it is i would like for them to have had NHL experience already and some amount of success himself or under someone who has.

Hadn't thought of Tippett. I'd kick those tires. 

i agree 100% this coaching staff gets outplayed every night. Having said that, IMO I would first trade a veteran or 4 and heres why. By gutting the coaches it gives the players a pass. I don't care who the coach is, there is no excuse in the world for the gutless heartless effort I saw Saturday. The players should all give their next paycheque to charity for that vomit. Call me old fashioned, but today would have been the worst bag skate in history if I was the coach. I still say blow it up.

1 hour ago, FD19372 said:

My vote for new Flyers head coach is Bob Hartley or Darryl Sutter.

I have liked Hartley since his Hershey days.  I thought he did good work in Colorado too. 

I don't know what to think about AV , he's had the flyers number and has been a "good coach". He took a talented NYR team to the finals...I don't know whom to bring in. 

I do think this Flyers team has quit in its coach.

There have been some injuries that have made the roster not what it "could" be. I don't think this team should be playing as poorly as they have the last week. 

They are not without talent. They look lost, slow and stupid, they are better than they're showing. 

Fire all the things.

24 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Hadn't thought of Tippett. I'd kick those tires. 

Yeah he actually won the national championship at North Dakota when he was there (as a player of course).

He won 50 games his first year (2009-10) with the Coyotes and got them back to the playoffs somewhere they hadn't been since 2001-02.

Won 50+ games twice with the Stars.

I certainly would kick the tires on him.

Hartley just started coaching Avangard Omsk in the KHL this season, so I doubt he'd leave his gig like 25 games in.

He won a Cup with the Avs, seems decent, but the rest of his track record after the Avs is pretty underwhelming. Missed the playoffs in 6 of the 8 other NHL seasons he coached.

Vigneault's teams made the playoffs 11 times, and missed 4 times. 8 of those 11 playoff trips went past the first round.

There's also Marc Crawford, who is an associate coach with the Sens right now under Boucher. 

Kevin Dineen and Ulf Samuelsson (under Quenneville).

Archived