Hart Recalled, Stolarz to IR

AJgoal

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Remember Knoblauch is running practice and he can't even fix a power play so I wouldn't look to much into it till Gordon gets here and sorts it all out.

Gordon will win some points from me if he sits Mcdud for sure....

1 hour ago, flyerrod said:

AMEN to no AMAC...........

But AMAC played for Gordon when Gordon was coach of the Islanders... Not sure if Gordon liked him then or not; but if he did, then AMAC will probably not get benched.  😒  😠

Here is a quote from AMAC, from the article on NHL.com:

""He liked to play with pace," said defenseman Andrew MacDonald, who played his first two seasons with the Islanders under Gordon. "He's got some different ways of thinking about things, some unique styles, kind of creative ways to play. He's pretty fiery, he can get going behind the bench. It's a situation where he's coming in mid-season, he's had some success with Lehigh (Valley). For us as players it's a fresh start for everyone and hopefully he can turn things around.""

22 minutes ago, darthbal said:

But AMAC played for Gordon when Gordon was coach of the Islanders... Not sure if Gordon liked him then or not; but if he did, then AMAC will probably not get benched.  😒  😠

Here is a quote from AMAC, from the article on NHL.com:

""He liked to play with pace," said defenseman Andrew MacDonald, who played his first two seasons with the Islanders under Gordon. "He's got some different ways of thinking about things, some unique styles, kind of creative ways to play. He's pretty fiery, he can get going behind the bench. It's a situation where he's coming in mid-season, he's had some success with Lehigh (Valley). For us as players it's a fresh start for everyone and hopefully he can turn things around.""

🤬

1 hour ago, flyerrod said:

Simmonds I would not move but Vorachek could sure use a change of scenery. He will be the next "Carter" the Flyers trade away...Book.It.

Yeah. 

Honestly, I've been a big fan of Simmonds since he's been here, but I do not resign him. Not even for less than he's making now. I just think he's about done. 

Voracek is annoying to me. He produces. You can't argue with his numbers when the season ends, but he's maddeningly stupid. 

1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

Yeah. 

Honestly, I've been a big fan of Simmonds since he's been here, but I do not resign him. Not even for less than he's making now. I just think he's about done. 

Voracek is annoying to me. He produces. You can't argue with his numbers when the season ends, but he's maddeningly stupid. 

Vorachek has worth for a trade due to the numbers he consistently puts up. The thing is when you see him on the ice, 90 percent of the time the "Sabre Dance" theme goes through your head......

Was trying to link the Spike Jones version of the song but I seem to have gummed up my innerwebs......

5 hours ago, flyerrod said:

Vorachek has worth for a trade due to the numbers he consistently puts up. The thing is when you see him on the ice, 90 percent of the time the "Sabre Dance" theme goes through your head......

Was trying to link the Spike Jones version of the song but I seem to have gummed up my innerwebs......

The only thing that went through my head right now is The Chicken Dance. Also oddly appropriate. 

Great to see the kid get his first win.

The team played a better game in front of him for a full 60 that we haven't really seen all night.

There could be a silver lining in him playing and maybe sticking around.

If he plays well he could keep the front office from going out and making a crazy move like we have seen rumored with them looking into a Quick or Crawford type....because i sure don't want them moving a Sanheim or Ghost for someone like that.

It's only one game so i am not trying to get ahead of myself but if he does i could live with a Hart/Elliott tandem.

That is if Elliott can even make it back. If not i could live with a Hart/Stolie tandem too.

I wouldn't feel comfortable with a Hart/Neuvy tandem.

“The kid is giving us something right now,” Shayne Gostisbehere said. “He’s giving us some energy, a jolt, something this team desperately needed.”

Went better than his junior debut. Said he gave up a goal on his first shot ever....so welcome to the win column kid!!!!

Let's keep it going!!! Help squash some of these crazy trade rumors!

Duv5fDzU8AA5Z3Z.jpg

hakstol_bird.0.0.jpg

Now just get well Sam Morin Hart needs your porch clearing abilities. 

Well it's a good thing Hart played well....i think his performance is the main reason Fletch didn't do anything crazy before the trade freeze to try and shore up the net.

I guess you can't ask for a better test to see if he can do it again versus a team who is tied for 2nd with the most point in the league with 46.....16 more than the Flyers.

Nice start to Carter Hart's NHL career.

I expect he will see adversity as the season wears on (also, is he the new number 1 or is it too early for that kind of talk?), but you couldn't ask for a better start from the guy.

Two tight games but he looked calm and collected in both.
Beating Nashville is particularly impressive.

Not sure if the team in front of him finally got that "kick in the pants" they needed after the GM and Head Coach firings, or whether having a goalie that can actually STOP pucks elevated the team, but so far, so good...it is working.

Up next for Hart and The Fly... the tough checking Columbus Blue Jackets.

1 hour ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Nice start to Carter Hart's NHL career.

I expect he will see adversity as the season wears on (also, is he the new number 1 or is it too early for that kind of talk?), but you couldn't ask for a better start from the guy.

Two tight games but he looked calm and collected in both.
Beating Nashville is particularly impressive.

Not sure if the team in front of him finally got that "kick in the pants" they needed after the GM and Head Coach firings, or whether having a goalie that can actually STOP pucks elevated the team, but so far, so good...it is working.

Up next for Hart and The Fly... the tough checking Columbus Blue Jackets.

I think he is the new number one by almost default but injuries have cropped up and he is seizing this opportunity.

When Elliott and Stolie become available I expect someone like Neuvy or Elliott get waived or traded a way.

Guess we'll see.

Andrei Vasilevskiy was a little older 21 when he cut his teeth.

Hope this ends well.

1 hour ago, intheslot said:

Time to send him back down he's not ready

for the n h l ... ..have to be careful ...

So far he's looked great, he seems so steady that even when he faces some adversity, one thinks he'll be able to handle it.

That said, I do understand that rushing a kid can blow up their confidence. I don't know that this is a kid that is susceptible to that negative outcome though. 

3 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

So far he's looked great, he seems so steady that even when he faces some adversity, one thinks he'll be able to handle it.

That said, I do understand that rushing a kid can blow up their confidence. I don't know that this is a kid that is susceptible to that negative outcome though. 

I think it helps that he already has a sports psychologist to talk to before he even left juniors.

Kid gets it.....maybe a lot of us could learn something from him...it's good to talk about your problems with someone than keeping them inside till they become overwhelming...he has a head start it seems to me.

Being a starting goalie in the NHL is a hard hard task. I wish this kid nothing but the best.

Archived