Game 33: Predators at Flyers; 12/20 @7

Howie58

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

Somewhere Hextall and Hak are drinking heavily now...Hart 2-0!

No. Hak hasn't blinked since he's been fired. Hextall isn't drinking, he's throwing shot glasses. Reported.

Flyers powerplay is snake bitten like I've never seen.

1 for the last 29.

They're still too passive but they're not 1 for 29 bad. The powerplay is more than due.

41 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

They're still too passive but they're not 1 for 29 bad. The powerplay is more than due.

I'll take your word for it, because I missed alot of this game because I had it on down stairs and I was putting my new TV together in the man cave.

Hart has given this team a confidence boost.

I can't even to word it properly what I see from them, but they are hustling now...MORE.

And every mistake (which are a good bit still) isn't getting deposited in the net.

And I told the wife if all I get for Christmas is a new TV and a GOALIE...I am a happy man. 

The only icing on the cake I need is the Eagles in the playoffs.

Just get in and see what could happen...what a year.

Go Flyers!

I tell you what the forwards that have played well are Patrick, Laughton and Raffl especially Raffl dude is soooooo hard to knock off the put it is like he has got mad stronger.

Must be juicing.

Yeah, Patrick is finding his game again in the last two games. I'm happy for the kid because he looked totally lost under Hakstol for the last month.

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Wow no call on that to Coots?

Ref right there.

That was unbelievable I saw it in real time and it was a nasty hit from behind, I was both dumbfounded and incensed that he didn’t call that.

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

I'll take your word for it, because I missed alot of this game because I had it on down stairs and I was putting my new TV together in the man cave.

Hart has given this team a confidence boost.

I can't even to word it properly what I see from them, but they are hustling now...MORE.

And every mistake (which are a good bit still) isn't getting deposited in the net.

And I told the wife if all I get for Christmas is a new TV and a GOALIE...I am a happy man. 

The only icing on the cake I need is the Eagles in the playoffs.

Just get in and see what could happen...what a year.

Go Flyers!

I agree there is a confidence boost.  There is an energy boost too.  Having a sound goalie helps, but these wins have also been about effort and teamwork.  

6 hours ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

Flyers are playing some pretty good defense in front of Hart.  The saves he is making are all routine.  He really hasn’t had to scramble around in the crease or make any spectacular saves.  Team defense and blocked shots are winning these games.

Ya, but those routine saves are saves our other FIVE goalies can't make. It's all you can ask your netminder...just stop the ones you're supposed to.

That team defence is being played because they actually believe in the 20 year old kid they're playing in front of.

11 hours ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

Flyers are playing some pretty good defense in front of Hart.  The saves he is making are all routine.  He really hasn’t had to scramble around in the crease or make any spectacular saves.  Team defense and blocked shots are winning these games.

Part of Harts game is he doesn't scramble a lot. He's a very positional goalie and he tracks the puck very well.  If you watch when there is a scramble in front  of the net he is rarely out of position.  

12 hours ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

The saves he is making are all routine.

Honestly this is all many of us wanted. It was very hard to live with "routine saves" getting past the goalie it seemed all the time.

Ones we deemed back breakers....and it seemed every goalie it was happening too Elliott, Neuvy, Pickard, Lyon and then eventually Stolie.

Do we want highlight reel saves too??

I would be lying if i said i didn't but it doesn't have to happen all the time a few here and there is fine.

But it starts with the ones you need to make. And so far that is what Hart has provided.

Give the team in front of him a chance to know he has there back and that every time they make a mistake it doesn't cost them. And he has accepted the challenge. 

Awesome to see. 2-0 1.50 gaa 944% is a helluva start to a career. Keep it going. Bob and the Blue Jackets are next.

5 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

That team defence is being played because they actually believe in the 20 year old kid they're playing in front of.

This is YUUUUUUUUGGGGGEE!!!

Confidence can propels guys/teams to do things they weren't even sure they are capable of.

And this team has lacked it really since the start of the season.

I am sure Gordon has his eyes on Hart's pulse and knows when to give him a break and not wear him out.

21 minutes ago, mkscrewy said:

not too hard when 4 out of 5 guys are standing still the whole time

Was definitely not the case last night. They were rotating all through the zone.

Archived