Game 10: Islanders at Flyers; 1/31/21 @ 7, NBCSP

Howie58

1 hour ago, Digityman said:

I still get goosebumps from watching this.  I miss that team.

Did you notice who is screening the goalie on Coburn's shot then comes all the way back behind the goal line, makes the pass for the primary assist?   Without our current captain, Richard's doesn't make that play.   Just saying.

Oh I saw, and did you noticed everyone but him skating real hard go get back except him was doing his casual Jake glide back before the Jack glide was even invented?

• Uggh... 1

1 hour ago, mojo1917 said:

This little paean to Ritchie is "remembering the good and overlooking the bad".

Oh you like you doing to Giroux now?

I guess we'll always have "the shift" for Giroux.

And at least Richie had a substance abuse issue which happens to alot of folks.

What exactly is Giroux's excuse?

• Like 1

@OccamsRazor

Actually Giroux has been one of the best, most consistent players on this team this year. 

He's almost a point a game.

He doesn't suck, he's not lazy. 

These takes saying as much are simply untrue.

You may not like him, that's fine. 

He passes the eye test, his underlying stats are good.

To say he's playing poorly is wrong.

but but that play where he didn't stop the fastest guy in the league on a breakaway because he took himself out of the play and would never have caught him.... 

whatever. 

3 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

@OccamsRazor

Actually Giroux has been one of the best, most consistent players on this team this year. 

but but that play where he didn't stop the fastest guy in the league on a breakaway because he took himself out of the play and would never have caught him.... 

whatever. 

Give me heat maps to prove all of this or shut the **** up already.

😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

I think the league has helped with the snipping. There are some guys who could goon it up and drag their sacs around. Your buddy NAK could have 1000s of penalty minutes, Laughton wouldn't mind a little scuffle now and then,  but playing 4 vs 5 isn't a guarantor of success in this league at the moment.

Guys get fined and suspended for things that don't get called during the game.  

I think guys that have that mentality are drawn to MMA now. 

I also think team dynamics are a tricky thing.  It's real easy to have a ****** room when there's a whole bunch of guys measuring their sticks constantly. 

There is a big difference between playing physical and "gooning it up". Anytime this discussion comes up,  the goon is used to derail the discussion 

Watch that Richards clip. He was physical without drawing a penalty or dropping gloves.  NAK and Laughton are supposed to be guys who can play that style but dont.  Your argument suggests they cant do it without drawing a penalty. If thats true, then they aren't good at their job.  I dont see either player do anything to energize a game with a hard shift or good hit, and neither has dropped his gloves.  They are both players who are "good in their role"

My last point is this...in the PO the Isles were physical and pushed the flyers all over the ice. They didnt goon it up.  How is it they, and other teams, can olay physical, but the Flyers can't?

Let me guess,  its because the league has it out for the Flyers

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, CoachX said:

NAK and Laughton are supposed to be guys who can play that style but dont. 

This is not entirely accurate and unfair. If they are playing less aggressive it's largely because they've been told to emphasize positioning which often comes at the expense of physical play.

Do better you ingrate. 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

@OccamsRazor

whatever. 

Just stow it.

:bigteeth:

19 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

😉

Oh I got a heat map for give me your address I'll mail them too you...

...or better yet bend over and I'll shove em straight up your ***!!!

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

This is not entirely accurate and unfair. If they are playing less aggressive it's largely because they've been told to emphasize positioning which often comes at the expense of physical play.

Do better you ingrate. 

If this is true, and god knows I have no reason to doubt you, then the lack of physical play is being mandated by the coach?

I guess I still dont get it. How are some teams successful at playing a physical game, but the Flyers arent?

Edited by CoachX
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, CoachX said:

If this is true, and god knows I have no reason to doubt you, then the lack of physical play is being mandated by the coach?

I guess I still dont get it. How are some teams successful at playing a physical game, but the Flyers arent?

They used up a "lifetime of physical play" in the 70s?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Rick's mom's basement right...cuddled up right next to him, with your Bills jersey on and him wearing a Sabres jersey or do I have who's wearing which jersey backwards?

🤪

(spitting up my drink) ... LOL.

now that is truly funny.... the only thing your missing is a take out order of Halibut from Applebee’s for them to share...LOL....

Edited by pilldoc
  • Haha 2
  • Good Post 1

14 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

(spitting up my drink) ... LOL.

now that is truly funny.... the only thing your missing is a take out order of Halibut from Applebee’s for them to share...LOL....

Well, couldn't get to Applebee's to pick it up because the Lumina wouldn't start!  💩

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Rick's mom's basement right...cuddled up right next to him, with your Bills jersey on and him wearing a Sabres jersey or do I have who's wearing which jersey backwards?

🤪

18 minutes ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

Well, couldn't get to Applebee's to pick it up because the Lumina wouldn't start!  💩

OMG, while I was on hiatus for my health issues, I forgot about these. Literally belly laughing right now! Glad to see they are continuing lol.

xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxx xxxxx xxxx xxxxxxxxx xx xxxxxx

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, CoachX said:

My last point is this...in the PO the Isles were physical and pushed the flyers all over the ice. They didnt goon it up.  How is it they, and other teams, can olay physical, but the Flyers can't?

not going to argue.  that happened and the Flyers haven't been hard to play against since the covid stoppage.

they were good Sunday night so we'll see if they can keep that momentum.

the games vs the Isles were refereed terribly. the orange sweater draws the penalties. 

the white sweater, is allowed to interfere, and hold all over their d-zone .

I liked Ritchie a lot. 

9 hours ago, Podein25 said:

😉

oh ill give you a map, buster

just let me get with my nerd xGf buddies, we'll sacrifice the goat , and well you know the rest.

• Like 1