Game 21: Flyers at Penguins; 3/4/21 @ 7, NBCP-ESPN+

Howie58

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

So someone here who knows more about this than me, explain how Cindy got back out on the ice so quick after this covid protocol which I seems I don't have a clue how it works.

Thanks.

I believe I heard one of the talking heads say Crosby had a false positive test one day, then tested negative twice after that so he was removed from the protocol. 

No clue how they determine false positives, maybe because he tested negative the next day? 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Howie58 said:

This was a good win.  I thought the bottom would fall out in the first.  AV pulled the right strings and the team showed some character. 

av is a great coach, he needs another vet behind this d, all these young players on d look lost, it's like they dont know where to go or who to pass the puck to. if fletcher gets another vet in here, we will be fine.

giroux stepped up that's great we need more of that not just this game and voraeck too, cant rely on the kids to do everything, the vets have to carry them.

Edited by tucson83

Pretty good win, satisfying for sure.

I ****** hate the Penguins so much I taste bile when I think of them.

One of the characteristics of that team during the Crosby/Malkin era has been when the momentum shifts to them, they jump on it and very nearly always capitalize on it. Last night was exhibit #200, when they get a break they bum rush the door, this has been successful for them. Their skill level off the rush is very high.

A nothing shot bounces in off of Sanhiem's glove, G bats a rebound puck out of the air, but right to Friedman who "mana from heaven" manages to make a play.

The McCann goal was just more of the same juju, they got it going, their opponent is shocked...That was an ugly 3 minutes. 

The time out call saved that game. 

I liked the response. 

I really liked the line of 23, 28, 62...that was really effective.

I liked 21, 13, 11 back together again also. Koneckny had his best game in a month IMO. his dump in on the Laughton "ass goal" was an excellent play and his pass to G was sublime. 

I hope Myers is not injured again. I noticed the Flyers with 5 d also in the 3rd. 

I also liked how engaged Nolan Patrick was, I think he likes these rivalry games, he seems to play better when he's physically engaged. His line was good, I think playing with Raffl is helpful because he's longer, faster and tougher than you think he should be and that always seems to factor into him winning a race or battle at the right time. 

Good win I hope they can build off of it. 

Edited by mojo1917
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

23, 28, 62

Note to AV please don't scratch NAK again.

He might not be the most skilled guy on the team but he brings it and can set up guys and will finish every check.

He is a forward the opposition doesn't want to face. He is the closest thing to old school Flyer hockey on the roster.

And if they can just find a way to get this kid to shoot more he has a very accurate shot they need more of.

I am not bullshiting when I say they really could lose this kid to Seattle unfortunately.

If Bellmore got claimed this kid brings way more than he did. And he is only about to be 25 soon.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

He is a forward the opposition doesn't want to face. He is the closest thing to old school Flyer hockey on the roster.

Maybe i should spike your coffee

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

The liquor store I went to was clean sold out of all Buffalo Trace products...Don't know if they fell out of favor or there was run on it.

More than likely they were sold out of it.

It is my favorite. The Buffalo Trace bourbon from what I hear from friends is it is the closest thing you can get to Pappy without buying Pappy.

I have never had the privilege to taste any Pappy so I take their word.

I like Mitcher's is a good buy I think.

18 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Maybe it has already been spiked...

...I'll never tell.

:NinjaLookLeftRight1:

Ok, seriously, NAK looked great. I liked watching that performance. The skill level was obvious. Id like to see an uptick in physical on a consistent basis.

Why did he have to be benched to get this type play?

2 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

More than likely they were sold out of it.

It is my favorite. The Buffalo Trace bourbon from what I hear from friends is it is the closest thing you can get to Pappy without buying Pappy.

I have never had the privilege to taste any Pappy so I take their word.

I like Mitcher's is a good buy I think.

I bought a bottle of Knob Creek 9

It was on sale and Ive never had it

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CoachX said:

It was on sale and Ive never had it

That is a solid choice as well.

Basil Hayden is a very good one too.

I grabbed two bottles of it at Costco last week.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CoachX said:

@OccamsRazor

I looked at that too, the alcohol content was a little higher than I wanted though, the bottle I saw was 100 proof.

I was looking at Knob Creek, Michters, Woodford Reserve, and the Basil Hayden's dark....since I'm new to Rye I had no idea what a dark Rye was, So that left the Woodford and Michters, one of my buddies that bartends swears by Michters. 

Looking forward to trying some drinks made with it. 

a win is a win, no doubt. Beating Buffalo and Pittsburg doesn't make you a contender, it makes you mediocre. There is no light at the end of the tunnel. It aint Frost, it aint Patrick, it aint anyone in the system. If they can obtain elite talent by moving anyone save Provorov and Hart they should do it. The expansion draft is not going to hurt them, the albatross contract of 28 will. 

1 hour ago, flyer4ever said:

a win is a win, no doubt. Beating Buffalo and Pittsburg doesn't make you a contender, it makes you mediocre. There is no light at the end of the tunnel. It aint Frost, it aint Patrick, it aint anyone in the system. If they can obtain elite talent by moving anyone save Provorov and Hart they should do it. The expansion draft is not going to hurt them, the albatross contract of 28 will. 

While I agree beating Buffalo isn't much, Pittsburgh has been playing well lately. They aren't nothing. 

A year ago at this time the Flyers were looking like a pretty damn good team. They played hard and they played with confidence. I don't know what happened but they don't look anything like that now. 

Giroux only has one more year on his contract. 

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

While I agree beating Buffalo isn't much, Pittsburgh has been playing well lately. They aren't nothing. 

A year ago at this time the Flyers were looking like a pretty damn good team. They played hard and they played with confidence. I don't know what happened but they don't look anything like that now. 

Giroux only has one more year on his contract. 

The playoffs happened!

Then Nisky retires

3 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

@OccamsRazor

I looked at that too, the alcohol content was a little higher than I wanted though, the bottle I saw was 100 proof.

I was looking at Knob Creek, Michters, Woodford Reserve, and the Basil Hayden's dark....since I'm new to Rye I had no idea what a dark Rye was, So that left the Woodford and Michters, one of my buddies that bartends swears by Michters. 

Looking forward to trying some drinks made with it. 

the Michter's US1 is my favorite all-day nipping whiskey. I like their Rye also, but find a single ice cube opens it up nicely. A little harsh right after the bottle is opened. That's just one man's opinion.

• Thanks 1