Game 21: Flyers at Penguins; 3/4/21 @ 7, NBCP-ESPN+

Howie58

Greetings:

Despite Tuesday's shellacking, odds for the game are pretty much even:

https://www.docsports.com/free-picks/nhl-hockey/2021/philadelphia-flyers-vs-pittsburgh-penguins-prediction-3-4-2021-nhl-pick-tips-and-odds.html

The teams are close statistically:

https://www.oddsshark.com/nhl/philadelphia-pittsburgh-odds-march-4-2021-1366721

The big question may be bounce back--how does the O and B respond to Tuesday's performance?

Edited by Howie58

I guess Moose gets the nod in goal.

I hope the team in front of him can come out motivated and more importantly sustain a good game for the entire 60 minutes required.

HA. I make myself laugh...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I guess Moose gets the nod in goal.

I hope the team in front of him can come out motivated and more importantly sustain a good game for the entire 60 minutes required.

HA. I make myself laugh...

I predict they will take this game. Its part of the cycle. Just at the point where we all see the stake hovering over their heart, they pull a rabbitt out of their ass and give us all false hope

Its kinda like when Bugs Bunny finally beat that frggin turtle, only to get arrested by an over zealous po-po (prolly a distant coachx ancestor)

• Haha 3

Trade him now he value will really never be higher!!!

It is indeed Justin Braun, who has been on the ice for 13 Flyers goals and just 7 by the opposition.

So this made me laugh. Sean Couturier unsurprisingly has been on the ice for the best goal differential of any Flyers player at 5v5 this year (12 - 5, +7). Who's second-best so far?
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Trade him now he value will really never be higher!!!

It is indeed Justin Braun, who has been on the ice for 13 Flyers goals and just 7 by the opposition.

So this made me laugh. Sean Couturier unsurprisingly has been on the ice for the best goal differential of any Flyers player at 5v5 this year (12 - 5, +7). Who's second-best so far?

I couldn't believe this when I saw it. 

since COVID he has looked "better" but he had so much room to improve that wasn't saying a lot.

This is just for you. His play really jumped up when he was paired with Sanhiem 😃

4 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

I couldn't believe this when I saw it. 

since COVID he has looked "better" but he had so much room to improve that wasn't saying a lot.

This is just for you. His play really jumped up when he was paired with Sanhiem 😃

Well after being waterboarded, I meant playing with Gustafsson or Hagg anyone/anything is a step up.

And for the record I like Sanheim there is a lot he brings. But I three his name out in the trade scenarios because I know in order to get something nice you have to give the other team something nice back too. So someone had to go and well I am keeping Ivan and Myers.

And the rest Braun, Hagg, Gus and even Ghost isn't going to fetch much at all in return. So it had to be Travis. Unless they prefer a forward...

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I would really think NAK should be back in the lineup tonight.

Who would be the odd man out?

I guess it would have to be Bunnyman.

But it would be ok with resting Patrick.

what would you think about sitting Oscar ?

I know we'd lose him for PK duty...and he's smart yada yada yada

I think the Pens speed negates his strengths.

I think NAK's game works better vs this opponent.

1 hour ago, mojo1917 said:

what would you think about sitting Oscar ?

I know we'd lose him for PK duty...and he's smart yada yada yada

I think the Pens speed negates his strengths.

I think NAK's game works better vs this opponent.

I would be ok with sitting Oskar to give him a rest too.

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well after being waterboarded, I meant playing with Gustafsson or Hagg anyone/anything is a step up.

And for the record I like Sanheim there is a lot he brings. But I three his name out in the trade scenarios because I know in order to get something nice you have to give the other team something nice back too. So someone had to go and well I am keeping Ivan and Myers.

And the rest Braun, Hagg, Gus and even Ghost isn't going to fetch much at all in return. So it had to be Travis. Unless they prefer a forward...

I think if we trade Sanheim it will be a big mistake. Right now we only have three good defensemen,If we go after Ekholm he will improve the defense but ONLY if he is added to  Meyers, Sanheim and Provo, Ekholm would give us four good defensemen.  We are looking to replace Niskanen. If we trade Sanheim as part of a deal for Ekholm , then we are right back to only having three good defensemen. The key is to have two top pairs , and then the third pair can rotate with Braun, Haag , Gus. I would assume Ghost would be sent to Nashville, I don’t see them settling for anyone else, if we won’t give up Sanheim.

The other problem I see is, giving up Frost, a first round pick and someone like Zamula is crazy because we still have to bribe Seattle not to take Ekholm and we have to hope he wants to re-sign with us. It seems like the cost  and risk is going to be too high . Imagine we give up so much and Ekholm plays one or two seasons and decides to go UFA.

21 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

I think if we trade Sanheim it will be a big mistake. Right now we only have three good defensemen,If we go after Ekholm he will improve the defense but ONLY if he is added to  Meyers, Sanheim and Provo, Ekholm would give us four good defensemen.  We are looking to replace Niskanen. If we trade Sanheim as part of a deal for Ekholm , then we are right back to only having three good defensemen. The key is to have two top pairs , and then the third pair can rotate with Braun, Haag , Gus. I would assume Ghost would be sent to Nashville, I don’t see them settling for anyone else, if we won’t give up Sanheim.

The other problem I see is, giving up Frost, a first round pick and someone like Zamula is crazy because we still have to bribe Seattle not to take Ekholm and we have to hope he wants to re-sign with us. It seems like the cost  and risk is going to be too high . Imagine we give up so much and Ekholm plays one or two seasons and decides to go UFA.

Maybe the best thing to do is nothing like we discussed in the thread.

Deal with a first round exit and revisit this all after the expansion draft and after the season. It's not like they are a Ekholm away from wining it all.

I'm good with that.

• Like 1