Game 29: Flyers at Islanders; 3/18/21 @ 7, NBCSP

Howie58

The Flyers were underdogs before the debacle:

https://sportsjaw.com/nhl/picks/1714147/philadelphia-flyers-vs-new-york-islanders-prediction-2021-03-18/

This will be a test of the squad's resilience and professionalism.  Another bad loss might be a catalyst for trades or an assistant coaching change. 

Edited by Howie58

5 hours ago, Howie58 said:

https://sportsjaw.com/nhl/picks/1714147/philadelphia-flyers-vs-new-york-islanders-prediction-2021-03-18/

This will be a test of the squad's resilience and professionalism.  Another bad loss might be a catalyst for trades or an assistant coaching change. 

Think I'm busy washing my hair the rest of the season.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Howie58 said:

Wow i didn't realize the Isles game was today holy sh it....wow this in when the Flyers could use covid to step in and cancel a game....wow....this team has to face the top team in the division after they got embarrsed by one of the worst teams in the division...cruel and unusual punishment.

Man they should just forfeit this game before it takes place. Do not start Hart he doesn't deserve this call Lyon up and let him get shelled.

This is going to beat brutal with this heartless team. I no i won't watch f**k these bums.

• Sad 1

Just now, OccamsRazor said:

Man they should just forfeit this game before it takes place. Do not start Hart he doesn't deserve this call Lyon up and let him get shelled.

Occ:

I think you will see Lyon get some spot starts to spread the pain and give Hart/Moose some psychological R&R.  Lyon might also get some support from folks who don't want to see him shellacked. Last night was a good natural experiment--both goalies got bombed. It says something.

• Like 1

The team will show it's true colors tonight. Do they fight and compete or roll over?

First time ever, I don't know what to expect in terms of compete level. 

Last night the entire team lost in every conceivable way. I've actually only ever seen the Penguins quit like that in close out playoff games.

It was disgraceful.

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

Taking a pass on tonight’s game because if I were to see a passionless, non-urgent response from them I’m not sure what I would do. 

5 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

What's everybody drinking

my guess will be bleach soon....lol

Edited by Samifan
  • Haha 4

20 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

I didn't watch last night's debacle so got up this morning and started drinking in preparation for tonight's game...wish me luck

you can't drink ALL DAY unless you start early!

Good Luck!

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

What's everybody drinking? 

I didn't watch last night's debacle so got up this morning and started drinking in preparation for tonight's game...wish me luck

Sly Fox brewery's Helles Golden Lager tonite.

Maybe following a Creole Sling.

What's that you say?

Rye Whiskey (Michters)

cold brew coffee

cinnamon maple syrup

chickory pecan bitters

orange peel.

Wide awake and violently drunk for the game vs the Isles...check!

Making Sense Ugh GIF by fakeapplejuice

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I'm sure it was just bad luck nothing more.....right??

Just a bad dream....someone wake me fast...

I own both Sanheim and Myers on my keeper team. -12 combined. Does wonders for the +/- stat category.

• Haha 1

@OccamsRazor

I can't remember if it was goal 3 or 4 but there was an absolute nothing play behind the Flyers net, Couturier wins the draw, Sanheim passes the puck to Myers, the puck skips over his stick, he then stops dead in his tracks because Zabinajad was coming on the forecheck. 

6'5" Phil Myers should have blown up that long haired freak up and kept skating.  Instead he stopped and reached, you can't even say he lost the battle, he didn't engage. That guy is not playing like the force of nature he can be, that is really frustrating.

I really think he isn't over those ribs being broken.

after that I got nothing though.

6 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

@OccamsRazor

I can't remember if it was goal 3 or 4 but there was an absolute nothing play behind the Flyers net, Couturier wins the draw, Sanheim passes the puck to Myers, the puck skips over his stick, he then stops dead in his tracks because Zabinajad was coming on the forecheck. 

6'5" Phil Myers should have blown up that long haired freak up and kept skating.  Instead he stopped and reached, you can't even say he lost the battle, he didn't engage. That guy is not playing like the force of nature he can be, that is really frustrating.

I really think he isn't over those ribs being broken.

after that I got nothing though.

Yeah i just don't think Myers and Sanheim ever reach the potential we had all envisioned.

And well i guess they can't say we didn't try....but sometimes just as in real life things just do go like we plan.

And well it is like sailing the high seas....winds will change you have to adjust your sails.

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

I'm sure it was just bad luck nothing more.....right??

Just a bad dream....someone wake me fast...

Again, I have no clue as to how almost everyone of the team has collectively regressed...but shouldn't the coach split up a young pair of defencemen after 5 or 6 or 7 or 8 goals against?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Again, I have no clue as to how almost everyone of the team has collectively regressed...but shouldn't the coach split up a young pair of defencemen after 5 or 6 or 7 or 8 goals against?

Sure but sometimes you have to go through this so it leaves a pit in your stomach and will be used as motivation so this never happens again. Give them a chance to crawl out the hole themselves.

Otherwise I just don't know...

29 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Sure but sometimes you have to go through this so it leaves a pit in your stomach and will be used as motivation so this never happens again. Give them a chance to crawl out the hole themselves.

Otherwise I just don't know...

I'd guess the pit had formed by 5 or 6.

Just going by experience.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

First time ever, I don't know what to expect in terms of compete level.

Interesting, cuz I feel like I NEVER know what to expect from this team as far as compete level goes!!

I fully expect a win tonight actually! This is what the Flyers do. They play down to "bad teams".... show up some nights an not the next, no consistency whatsoever in my humble opinion.

I fully expect a win tonight.... and then we'll all forget about this.

UNTIL IT HAPPENS AGAIN. which it will.

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

16 hours ago, Howie58 said:

The Isles lost Anders Lee for the year,  we should offer them Jake or JVR for Wahlstrom. They need a veteran scorer for their legit Cup run. We should even pick up salary if it's Jake.

• Like 1