Game 33: Rangers at Flyers; 3/25/21 @ 7, NBCSP, ESPN+

Howie58

Just now, albertaflyer said:

Kid didn't turtle I'll give him that.  I tried to fight a guy 6'8 once. He was my roomate in college. Thank god he just shoved away and told me to chill. I would have been in so much trouble. 

i tried to fight a wet paper bag...you can imagine the outcome

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, CoachX said:

i tried to fight a wet paper bag...you can imagine the outcome

I know this isn't the Flyers but the further pussification of the NHL....

...can we just play flag hockey is that a thing....i know we have flag football...JFC.

Is there anymore streakier wingers in the NHL we could possibly saddle Coots??

I have to say what an uninspiring lineup...i don't know how they fix this team i don't.

When will they ever scratch Jake...when if ever will he be held accountable???

Ever?? -4 last night what will it take??? Asking for a friend.

19 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

...can we just play flag hockey is that a thing....i know we have flag football...JFC.

did you Carter's face? he was like, 'Hunh?"

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Finally someone shows some emotion and some frustration...some goddamn life even if it was a meaningless fight....WTF has the rest of these bums do except cower under their chairs??

Sorry friend but this ain't no rut...it's a complete nuclear meltdown by professionals (supposedly).

The understatement of the year.

I mean their franchise goalie looks like he has been lobotomized.

I am fresh out of fcuks to give. 

WTF is Claude Giroux or Jakub Voracek?? Today is not the day to come around with all this sh it today bud.

Not the day.

Especially after being beat by the Rangers 17-3 over the last two games...and now they have been passed by them in the standings...no end in site.

I don't see it as emotion.  Emotion would be to start something early because you're emotional about the last game.  I don't think he played the last rangers game.  Emotion is starting something after 3-0 to pick your team up.  This isn't his team...they don't care what Morin does.  Emotion is setting the tone for the next meeting.  This doesn't work if you just got outscored 17-3, because the rangers don't care what tone you set, you just got outscored 17-3.  Plus Morin probably won't play on Saturday so he's a non factor.

You're right this is more than a rut.  More reason why a meaningless fight at the end of a blowout won't get you out.

Giroux and Voracek and Hayes and Tk and so on haven't done anything.  That's the troubling part.  A meaningless player fighting a meaningless fight isn't going to make me feel better about it.  If he was a contributor all season and stepped up to show he's not going to take this beating, I'm all for it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CoachX said:

Yes....that was down right embarrassing...i mean looked like a dive to me unless i missed something.

Just so sad how far the game i love has fallen...just a bunch pansies nowa days.

3 minutes ago, icehole said:

I don't see it as emotion. 

@icehole

Edit: I retracted my statement and finished reading your post i don't mean to take my frustration with this team out on you.

I am fine with the fight he got it out his system and well he too is still fighting for a spot on the club and has been through hell and back to be here and well he cares it seems and he took it out on a punk. I'm good with it.

We agree to disagree. So much bigger issues with this club than this.

I don't know how they fix this dumpster fire...

Edited by OccamsRazor
#boubonup

24 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Where is the high stick here?    Seriously asking.    It's possible it's the butt end, but one, I don't think so and 2) if anything it's the top glove hand.  

Completely phantom calls going on in this league.    Two refs in a game and they either see nothing or they see fantasyland.   I think the fired ref imbecile isn't alone; just the only one who said the quiet things in their outside voice.

5 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Where is the high stick here?    Seriously asking.    It's possible it's the butt end, but one, I don't think so and 2) if anything it's the top glove hand.  

Completely phantom calls going on in this league.    Two refs in a game and they either see nothing or they see fantasyland.   I think the fired ref imbecile isn't alone; just the only one who said the quiet things in their outside voice.

That right there is a player embarrassing an official. And people wonder why there are make up calls. If I was an official and looked at the replay I would be pissed. There's literally nothing there to call.  There wasn't even any force to do any damage even if the stick butt did hit him.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

@icehole

Edit: I retracted my statement and finished reading your post i don't mean to take my frustration with this team out on you.

I am fine with the fight he got it out his system and well he too is still fighting for a spot on the club and has been through hell and back to be here and well he cares it seems and he took it out on a punk. I'm good with it.

We agree to disagree. So much bigger issues with this club than this.

I don't know how they fix this dumpster fire...

Not a problem man.  We're all a little tense these days.  I also don't want to seem like one of these new age guys that doesn't believe in fighting.  I like it and believe it serves a purpose.  I think the right players have to do it at the right time though.  Even if they went old school and put a goon out there every night, that would make more sense.  It just didn't feel like genuine emotion for a guy that doesn't really have a bond with this team who plays about 4 minutes 5 games a season to ragdoll a smaller guy at the end of a second wooping, when he wasn't even involved in the first one.

Here's a hot take.  I would take Rinaldo or Carcillo on this team for 82 games a season rather than play Morin for 5.  Those two guys contributed more than Morin ever will.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, icehole said:

Not a problem man.  We're all a little tense these days.  I also don't want to seem like one of these new age guys that doesn't believe in fighting.  I like it and believe it serves a purpose.  I think the right players have to do it at the right time though.  Even if they went old school and put a goon out there every night, that would make more sense.  It just didn't feel like genuine emotion for a guy that doesn't really have a bond with this team who plays about 4 minutes 5 games a season to ragdoll a smaller guy at the end of a second wooping, when he wasn't even involved in the first one.

Here's a hot take.  I would take Rinaldo or Carcillo on this team for 82 games a season rather than play Morin for 5.  Those two guys contributed more than Morin ever will.

(clears throat) When they were ON the ice...yes.

56 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Is there anymore streakier wingers in the NHL we could possibly saddle Coots??

I have to say what an uninspiring lineup...i don't know how they fix this team i don't.

When will they ever scratch Jake...when if ever will he be held accountable???

Ever?? -4 last night what will it take??? Asking for a friend.

Paying a 3rd line winger $8.25 million for 3 more bloody years ....let that sink in.......

Edited by pilldoc
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Similar to Morin being fined for unsportsmanlike conduct for having a fight. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, albertaflyer said:

Um he pulled the guys hair. It's an automatic fine. Watch the replay.

Ok, then that’s deserved. I thought Morin played a solid game otherwise. We gave up 8 goals and Morin and Ghost were only a -1, so that’s gotta be a little encouraging. If he is slightly better than Haag and Gus, then it’s gotta be a step in the right direction. We might lose most of our remaining  it at least we won’t get beat up on top of it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, albertaflyer said:

Um he pulled the guys hair. It's an automatic fine. Watch the replay.

i think he was just trying to cover the dent he just put in it with his fist. Thats just good sportsmanship

• Like 1
  • Haha 3