What is wrong with the Flyers and how do you fix it?

Fizz

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Sure. Because that side @CoachX has merit and I understand and acknowledge it.

Who knows he may be right....broken clock and all.

It happens.

Rare like a blood supermoon eclipse.

:poke:

that was hurtful :baby:

4 minutes ago, CoachX said:

that was hurtful :baby:

I know i am trying very hard to toughen you up....not having much success which means you are perfectly soft and ready to play defense for my beloved Flyers...so make sure you get ready for training camp...are you a left or right hand shot??

:BrownBag:

Edited by OccamsRazor
#boubonup

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

I know i am trying very hard to toughen you up....not having much success which means you are perfectly soft and ready to play defense for my beloved Flyers...so make sure you get ready for training camp...are you a left or right hand shot??

Im amphibious! I shoot right with a left handed stick

• Uggh... 1

1 minute ago, CoachX said:

Im amphibious! I shoot right with a left handed stick

Perfect how would a 7 year deal with a 7 mill AAV with a NMC sound???

Let me know i got sh it to do...remember i'm on vacation and time is precious about to fill up the Yeti with bourbon and slip into the pool (on purpose not falling).

:beer:

2 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Perfect how would a 7 year deal with a 7 mill AAV with a NMC sound???

Let me know i got sh it to do...remember i'm on vacation and time is precious about to fill up the Yeti with bourbon and slip into the pool (on purpose not falling).

:beer:

you need to include a 2nd round pick. Homer insists!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Done but you're a free agent right so where would i send the pick???

Send his ass to Total Wine. include whatever you want in the deal. no reason we both can't profit

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

@OccamsRazor

Don't cave for a modified NMC, gotta give him the whole smash.

They need him badly though who else is going to be their Erik Gustafsson addition???

Hate to lose coach to the Sabres.....Rick is pushing hard for him.

• Haha 1

They need him badly though who else is going to be their Erik Gustafsson addition???

Hate to lose coach to the Sabres.....Rick is pushing hard for him.

:LiesSign:

• Haha 1

Happy to see we are all at our sarcastic best. I think its sarcasm. I hope its sarcasm. Anyhow, sounds like a group of Ottawa Senators fans are trying to get a lets bring Claud Giroux home for a cup run with the Sens thing going. What can we do to facilitate this happening? I actually got excited reading this, wondering if he would waive his NMC to take a shot with them. They are closer to it than the Flyers are right now. They have a number of really good young players and cap space. Perhaps we can package 28, 93, 25 for  something. A great deal for 2 franchises about to turn a corner.

who are we to stand in their way of happiness. Philly is the City of Brotherly Love. Let's give them Giroux

I'm sure they have something we can use. maybe a supply of unused beer cups

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, flyer4ever said:

Happy to see we are all at our sarcastic best. I think its sarcasm. I hope its sarcasm. Anyhow, sounds like a group of Ottawa Senators fans are trying to get a lets bring Claud Giroux home for a cup run with the Sens thing going. What can we do to facilitate this happening? I actually got excited reading this, wondering if he would waive his NMC to take a shot with them. They are closer to it than the Flyers are right now. They have a number of really good young players and cap space. Perhaps we can package 28, 93, 25 for  something. A great deal for 2 franchises about to turn a corner.

good for us, we need more cap space anyway to fix this d.

3 hours ago, flyer4ever said:

Serious question, wouldn't the assets given up in that deal, require the young players that are "closer"?

I dont know how stocked their system is beyond that Stuessel kid from Germany.  

He's part of any deal for Giroux or no deal.

4 hours ago, flyer4ever said:

What can we do to facilitate this happening?

Well i would start with Jacob Bernard-Docker and if they didn't hang up then we can take a pick or the guy he may replace in their lineup at 2nd line center Shane Pinto and call it a day.

57 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Serious question, wouldn't the assets given up in that deal, require the young players that are "closer"?

Not in my deal it would be getting two kids back who have yet to lace em up in the NHL till this year Pinto skated in 12 games.

Both 20 years old and both are on their entry level contracts so they are waiver exempt and could start in the AHL to begin with.

https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=195426

https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=217084

Would they be game???? I mean if we are going to rebuild let's do it.

1 hour ago, mojo1917 said:

I dont know how stocked their system is beyond that Stuessel kid from Germany.  

He's part of any deal for Giroux or no deal.

If it's Stuessel even straight up, I do that deal.

I'm not big on Bernard-Docker, but I'm not opposed in a package, either.  Stuessel, on the other hand, gets it done by itself.   I think Ottawa is insane if they do that, though. (So, what do we get Stuessel as a welcome present?)

Edited by ruxpin

On 4/1/2021 at 9:54 PM, Fizz said:

So the whole thing is on the GM's from the past 10 years for keeping these crappy players and giving huge contracts to undeserving players.

No, the whole thing is on the mentality of the higher ups, not the GM. They do, and have done a lot of Holmgren's and back when he was living, Snider's bidding.

11 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

Serious question, wouldn't the assets given up in that deal

I knew once I saw Giroux and Ottawa in the mix that "assets" were going to make an appearance somewhere.

In a pinch, y'all are so predictable... I can't police everything around here.

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, radoran said:

I knew once I saw Giroux and Ottawa in the mix that "assets" were going to make an appearance somewhere.

In a pinch, y'all are so predictable... I can't police everything around here.

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

"i said 'cuff him,' not 'cup him!'"

Edited by ruxpin

we have to follow the tampa model, good centers, good d from other teams because besides hedman that tampa drafted the rest of the d were from other teams, less money on wingers and a great goalie hopefully hart becomes that.

31 minutes ago, tucson83 said:

we have to follow the tampa model, good centers, good d from other teams because besides hedman that tampa drafted the rest of the d were from other teams, less money on wingers and a great goalie hopefully hart becomes that.

What you mean you don't have to draft all the players and you can add through free agency or trades. Who knew I thought they had to all be 20 year olds with zero guidance from older vets.

Just shocked you can do it different ways someone needs to tell some of the folks here....buy they won't like because one time the Flyers use to do it....

oh never mind this one time in band camp.

:w00t:

What you mean you don't have to draft all the players and you can add through free agency or trades. Who knew I thought they had to all be 20 year olds with zero guidance from older vets.

Just shocked you can do it different ways someone needs to tell some of the folks here....buy they won't like because one time the Flyers use to do it....

oh never mind this one time in band camp.

:w00t:

There's a happy medium between "trade all the draft picks" and "have nothing but draft picks".

When Hextall came in, IIRC there were two Flyer draft picks on the Phantoms and the cupboard was bare.

By the end of Hextall, they had homegrown players galore and desperately needed some outside seasoning.

It was great to build up a talented series of prospects on the blue line, for example, but those are also assets you need to evaluate and in some cases deal to get what you need.

Whether that's "sell high" on a player like Gotstobehere or "sell potential" on a Sanheim/Myers type, because the odds are that all of those guys aren't going to pan out and be on your blue line.

Instead they're forever two years away from being two years away...

That said, it's harder and harder to make impact deals these days and there are fewer and fewer impact UFAs that make it to the market. Because while, yes, the Bolts - for example - have made some aggressive moves, they're also building on a foundation that includes home draft picks Vasilevsky, Stamkos, Point, Palat, Kucherov, Killorn, Hedman, and Cirelli.

Boston has Bergeron, DeBrusk, Pastrnak, Krejci, Marchand, McAvoy, Grzelcyk.

Flyers had fifteen of their draft picks get significant time on the roster last year and slotted a few more in (Morin, Allison) at the end.

Again, there's a happy medium in there somewhere. And it does mean "giving to get" - one just hopes it's more even than, say, "Williams for Markov" or "JVR for Schenn".

But I do think there is also something to be said about "developing" on a successful squad as opposed to "developing" on a team that has one playoff round win and five appearances in nine years.

Add in that the "outside vets" are Voracek, Hayes, Elliott, and Braun and it could easily be that the reason they don't know how to win consistently is that they never have.

• Like 1