Game 44: Capitals at Flyers; 4/17/21 @ 12:30, NBCSP

Howie58

12 minutes ago, Brewin Flames said:

More like stand still defense, but i hear ya...

it's like they are afraid to put their bodys on the ice, like what's so hard about it? like on the pp what's hard about shooting? it's like they forgot how to play hockey.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

his play, not his contract

I don't consider them mutually exclusive, though. Gotta show up more than every ten games. He was signed because AV LOVES him. Seven years at $50 mil is still too much for what he gives you. 

7 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

I don't consider them mutually exclusive, though.

Nor do I. I'm just wanting to emphasize the brutal play, and lack of effort, of the sad sack of sh!t. His play is awful at a tenth of what he is making.

• Like 1

You’d think professionals would show more pride in their work. To just stand there watching the Caps pass at will, take any lane they want straight to the net...even Couturier... he just let Kuz waltz right by him thru the slot then watches while he flips the puck over Lyon’s shoulder. Flyers best defensive fwd, Selke winner, and he looks as disinterested as everyone else out there today in the O&B.

• Like 1

Samsonov's save percentage was .880. Lyon's was .875.  But quality of shots matters. I felt sorry for Alex.  He was left out to dry.    

I only watched the second period. It looked like the team was almost inviting the Caps to score.  I was also taught to either block a shot or get out of the way.  It looked like the second goal bounced off a failed block attempt and Lyon couldn't handle the deflection.  Kuznetzov went in unopposed.  Aube Kubel follows up a great pass to JvR with a dumb penalty resulting in a PP goal.  AV needs to straighten his butt out or keep it out of games. 

The and O and B need an enema.  

2 hours ago, FD19372 said:

Allson on the Windmill power play.

When was the last time you saw a Flyer forward that had the balls to stand in front of the goalie on a PP...probably Wayne Simmonds. Allison is the style of player we have lacked for a number of years . 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

So Sam back in and i guess Hagg sits???

Charmin twins activate!!!!!!

image.jpeg.55fde76d14e32df7d40902c68c831376.jpeg

I wonder how many here remember this???

Projected lineups

Shape OF A HOCKEY PLAYER....

Form OF A ICE STICK......

gooba gooo gooba gooo....

• Good Post 1

47 minutes ago, LegionOfDoom said:

Shape OF A HOCKEY PLAYER....

Form OF A ICE STICK......

gooba gooo gooba gooo....

Sanheim and Myers to the rescue!!!

SHAPE OF A PYLON!!!

FORM OF BABY POO!!!

:BrownBag:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

When was the last time you saw a Flyer forward that had the balls to stand in front of the goalie on a PP...probably Wayne Simmonds. Allison is the style of player we have lacked for a number of years . 

I'm told he be better as a slot shooter than net front presence. 

I love how he never quits on a shift.

The Flyers need 5 more guys with his drive.

• Like 2

Pretty sure I've seen enough of Twarinski in the NHL to not want to see any more.

Zero offense, not physical in any zone, doesn't even have flashes of competence the way NAK does when his head is out of his ass.

Lots of business decisions made today,  lots of reaching and hoping in the D zone.

I saw some where that the Flyers generated 11  5 v 5 shots, G's line was on the ice for 7, the rest of the team generated 4.

4  5 v 5 shots between 9 forwards.

That won't win many games.

Also, anyone ever think of cheating toward #8 on a d zone pk face off? 

Sheesh.

#curbstomped

51 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

I'm told he be better as a slot shooter than net front presence. 

I love how he never quits on a shift.

The Flyers need 5 more guys with his drive.

I think when Foerester and Wisdom join this team along with Allison, you will see the kind of  grit and determination that the Flyers used to be known for. I’m also hoping Brink eventually becomes a Danny Briere type of guy for us.

• Like 1