Cam York, thoughts?

19 minutes ago, CoachX said:

I also think you like to bug me

C'mon bug you?

No I do find enjoyment in your rants about him and NAK.

I guess there are other on the team that annoy me way more than those two.

26 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

C'mon bug you?

No I do find enjoyment in your rants about him and NAK.

I guess there are other on the team that annoy me way more than those two.

In my mind, the reason NAK and SL annoy me is I think they can have more impact physically then they do. JV Jake and JVR are just lazy asses that will never be worth a $hit. Patrick is a bust, and I don't like picking on disabled people, unless they are poised at the top of an escalator, impeding my way to a fresh supply of donuts. Gus is gone. Im convinced the increase in legal hippy lettuce has Hayes in a half baked stupor. Everyone left is beyond my depth of emotional ability to cope, so I just leave them alone.

• Haha 1
  • Uggh... 1

4 hours ago, CoachX said:

In my mind, the reason NAK and SL annoy me is I think they can have more impact physically then they do. JV Jake and JVR are just lazy asses that will never be worth a $hit. Patrick is a bust, and I don't like picking on disabled people, unless they are poised at the top of an escalator, impeding my way to a fresh supply of donuts. Gus is gone. Im convinced the increase in legal hippy lettuce has Hayes in a half baked stupor. Everyone left is beyond my depth of emotional ability to cope, so I just leave them alone.

I think that's a refreshing take on things. Well said.

• Haha 1

If Patrick is symptom-free this summer he could come back and Wow people. Let's face it, at this point almost any change in his game will be an improvement. But I see some snarl from him in the scrums. He skates well, has a quick release and his defense is ... not terrible.

If he's 100% healthy he may surprise us and become a game-changing player. I realize that's a little pie-in-the-sky right now but the kid is not small, not slow, can shoot and skate...the only thing holding him back is his health from what I can tell.

Am I alone in thinking he may have a bright future with the Flyers? Or somewhere in the NHL?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

If Patrick is symptom-free this summer he could come back and Wow people. Let's face it, at this point almost any change in his game will be an improvement. But I see some snarl from him in the scrums. He skates well, has a quick release and his defense is ... not terrible.

If he's 100% healthy he may surprise us and become a game-changing player. I realize that's a little pie-in-the-sky right now but the kid is not small, not slow, can shoot and skate...the only thing holding him back is his health from what I can tell.

Am I alone in thinking he may have a bright future with the Flyers? Or somewhere in the NHL?

No, you're not alone. I don't blame him one bit for playing timid hockey with what he's gone through. I could see his game getter better the longer he goes without issues. But whether that can happen, nobody knows.

• Like 3
  • Good Post 1

1 hour ago, GratefulFlyers said:

his defense is ... not terrible.

Yeah we'll just ignore his -30.

Never happened. It's COVID-19's fault.

That is our story. We're sticking to it.

he could come back and Wow people.

Yes. And then we trade him.

Good plan. I like it.

the kid is not small, not slow, can shoot and skate...the only thing holding him back is his health from what I can tell.

Yep that is what we tell them Jets when we trade him there.

Great salesman you are.

Am I alone in thinking he may have a bright future with the Flyers?

Do I really have to answer this?

I'm sure someone does somewhere.

Maybe they will chime in....

Wait a minute we have straight up hijacked 2025 Norris trophy winner Cam York's thread.

Damn it.

So I will not engage in anymore Nolan Patrick conversation on this thread.

I blame @CoachX well just because he is the ugliest here.

Sounds like a good reason.

So Cam York it is. I expect him to make it out of camp next season.

It's all I got.

:BrownBag:

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I blame @CoachX well just because he is the ugliest here.

this was just hurtful!

So Cam York it is. I expect him to make it out of camp next season.

It's all I got.

well he's not MIKE York. So that's a plus

• Haha 2

Last comment on Patrick (until my next one):  it's quite possibly he still has something to provide and this coming year is his turn around year with a strong offseason and the confidence of having come off a season without something falling off of him.

This is exactly why I move him NOW while there may still be other GMs that believe this is possible and before the inevitable proves otherwise.  He's a 4C on this team and that's it.  Move him now and possibly get a more useful asset than that while you can and move on. I wish him the best, but I see no fire in him let alone even a facial expression.  Now is the time. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

No, but each game this season he looked less like a difference maker and more like just a guy.

In his first year there were flashes of talent, and moments where he would really own his shift and change the game's momentum.

This season I didn't see the play driving and no one saw production.

Everyone (on the Flyers) sucked this year though, so it is not out of the realm of the possible that he improves. 

• Like 1

Wait a minute we have straight up hijacked 2025 Norris trophy winner Cam York's thread.

That's 2025, 27 and 28 Norris Trophy winner to you bucco.

He will spend 2026 impregnating Montgomery County and parts of New Jersey.

• Good Post 1

50 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

In his first year there were flashes of talent, and moments where he would really own his shift and change the game's momentum.

Getting back to Cam York.....

lets not overlook Patrick's second season where he didn't do more than his first. I think he had injury issues in both

I wonder what number Cam York will wear?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CoachX said:

I wonder what number Cam York will wear?

The management will un-retire either Bernie Parent or Robert Earle Clarke's number and ask him to choose. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

Last comment on Patrick (until my next one):  it's quite possibly he still has something to provide and this coming year is his turn around year with a strong offseason and the confidence of having come off a season without something falling off of him.

This is exactly why I move him NOW while there may still be other GMs that believe this is possible and before the inevitable proves otherwise.  He's a 4C on this team and that's it.  Move him now and possibly get a more useful asset than that while you can and move on. I wish him the best, but I see no fire in him let alone even a facial expression.  Now is the time. 

We're on the same page. And I agree.

• 1 month later...
53 minutes ago, SCFlyguy said:

Thoughts?  Sure wish we had Cole Caufield.

I'm really happy with York.

Had we drafted Caufield I'd be happy now, too, but I'd have hated it at the time.

We need a Caufield type and hopefully either Brink or Foerster will be that.  I'm really excited about York.  Time will tell.

26 minutes ago, SCFlyguy said:

Did you see that Caufield man-child goal last night?  Dude skated around McNabb like he was Mike Rathje on his third knee replacement.

Let me know when York does something like that.

York is a defenseman. It's going to be awhile.  I completely get the Caufield crush, but let's at least keep this real, huh?

And Caufield wouldn't be as good on the Flyers.  Just think very briefly about the multitude of ways this organization would cuff and castrate him to prevent him from being as good as he can be 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, SCFlyguy said:

Thoughts?  Sure wish we had Cole Caufield.

We sure better hope that York is really the next Brian Leetch, because Caufiled certainly has the makings of a superstar. We wasted the prime of Jake and G together on an incomplete line with no finisher and we had a shot to fix that and we didn’t  . Caufiled only played ten NHL games and is now one of the top guys in the playoffs .

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, SCFlyguy said:

And Caulfield crush?  Whatever.

Caulfield's doing exactly what he was predicted to do.  Score bunches of goals.

Flyers decided they didn't need that.

look at montreals roster and our roster and tell me how caulfield would make any difference on the flyers when you have no defense and no goaltending? it would just be two players scoring. fabby and caulfield.  he only started in the vegas series, they were playing at a high level without him.

instead of complaining and pointing fingers how about learn from montreal on how we can be like them? get big physical forwards, better defense and hopefully hart can play like carry price, it's not about one player. if it's about one player, you are not going anywhere.

Edited by tucson83