Ok the season is over , who do we want in the draft?

6 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Way too much for Jones, IMO.

But I suppose something along those lines.   In my mind, Patrick is just a throw in there, and that's probably what we'll need to do with him.   But i don't think it would take Sanheim and TWO picks.

Ok it's fine we can tweak it for sure.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Just curious have you ever had a serious injury?

What about a condition that when you go to bed on Wednesday feeling fine and wake up on Thursday with a splitting headache made worse by the sight daylight; Then never really know when it will happen again or what really causes it ? 

Just a smidgen of empathy would not kill anyone.  This statement is not directed solely at you.

This isn't about coddling an entitled brat, it's about letting a person try to rebound from a serious medical condition, they did a solid with Morin, what's the harm in doing a solid to the #2 overall pick that everyone wants more from?

You don't have to be on #teamcompassion, what about just getting some kind of value from an asset that your organization has made an investment in ?

A I will leave you with this my dad use to say to me and has always stuck as a motivator (God rest his soul I miss him)...

PAIN

Is just the feeling of weakness leaving the body!!!

Oh rah master chief!!!!

:salute:

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I'd rather package the pick with something to help with upgrading the roster.

If there is a year to trade a 1st round pick I think this year is the year.

Sure , but if that is not possible then we need to figure out who to pick. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

This draft is a bigger crapshoot than any since all teams started actually scouting. Next season there's franchise forward Shane Wright. The year after are generational talents Connor Bedard and Matvei Michkov. Any of those 3 would make a great building block. This year it's a bunch of good but nothing great.

So ya, we'll probably move up in this draft and get a future KHL career player.

I'm hoping for Brandt Clarke, solely because I'm biased. I'd be happy with MacTavish on the reality front.

Is he related to Bobby Clarke?

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yes ACL/MCL and menicus damage while playing basketball.

Had full range of motion two weeks after reconstructive surgery.

I've had some pretty bad sprains but nothing that has required surgery.

I've been to the ER and have heard "you walked here on that?" 

I was raised to be tough too.

I used be harsh and expect everyone to be ready so they don't have to get ready, the way I was as a young man.

Today I'm not young and that attitude was hurting my relationship with teen girl Mojo. She's my only child and I don't want her in therapy having daddy issues because I expected her to be like me...so I have some learned extra aversion to the "rub some dirt on it" ethos.

I've definitely mellowed and don't mind sequins nor pink anymore.

I can't imagine what the migraine condition must be like. I'm glad I don't know. 

• Like 2

Back to the topic at hand.

I have no idea who is good in any of the junior leagues, any of the national developmental leagues or anything beyond the AHL.

I would like a guy with some size, a lot of speed and a Steph Curry in skates mentality...just put the kid  on the ice and he'll think he can score.

Not too many of those guys around, lol this year's draft really feels crap shooty to me.

• Like 1

What the Flyers need to do: hit a home run with a superstar skill player who has speed to burn.

What the Flyers will do: pick a Canadian farm boy who plays a 200ft game and has a high hockey IQ.

Edited by SCFlyguy
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Today I'm not young and that attitude was hurting my relationship with teen girl Mojo. She's my only child and I don't want her in therapy having daddy issues because I expected her to be like me.

Wow we are in the same boat.

I get it....my wife has told me to ease up on her she is only 10. I'm not perfect.

I can't help it....i am trying the crazy part is i get it from my mom. Man she was a hard ass motherf**ker but she is no longer here as well.

Just know it comes from a good place with good intentions really.

Ok so i will ease up.....but i won't like it. We can keep Patrick i don't want to trade him just to trade him.

But i would listen to offers with him included if that helps the deal get done. And i also ain't doing any deal where they get fleeced.

Edited by OccamsRazor
#boubonup
  • Good Post 2

3 hours ago, ruxpin said:

I'm with you.   The other possibility (I prefer your way) is to trade this year's first to a top five picker but for NEXT year or the year after.    I don't think Detroit, for example, will be much better.   Same with Buffalo.   Probably San Jose.

The Kings and Ducks won't be there yet, but maybe.     Anything that gets a crack at an extra set of ping pong balls next year or the year after.

I don't see anyone with half a brain trading away a chance at Shane Wright in 2022 or worse, Connor Bedard/Matvei Michkov in 2023 for our pick in the teens this season and a shot at...???

So Buffalo might....

Edited by flyercanuck
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, SCFlyguy said:

What the Flyers need to do: hit a home run with a superstar skill player who has speed to burn.

What the Flyers will do: pick a Canadian farm boy who plays a 200ft game and has a high hockey IQ.

Funny you say that because a real Canadian farm boy does have a high hockey IQ, and more important, he NEVER quits, and 3rd, he will run you over to score or help a teammate in need. This Flyer roster has none of that.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Nope. But he might be the smartest player I've ever seen on the Barrie Colts. And they didn't even play this season. 

Looked real good at the U18 wjc. I liked the tournaments Othmann, Allen and McTavish had too.  Doubtful any of these 4 will fall to the Flyers pick.

11 minutes ago, flyer4ever said:

Looked real good at the U18 wjc. I liked the tournaments Othmann, Allen and McTavish had too.  Doubtful any of these 4 will fall to the Flyers pick.

He was awesome. He's going to look good with Wright at the next WJs. I doubt he's available when Philly picks unless we move up. MacTavish should go near where we pick. He could be gone. Othmann isn't supposed to go til well after Flyers pick in the 1st...and Allan is slated to go somewhere in the 2nd round.

1 hour ago, SCFlyguy said:

What the Flyers will do: pick a Canadian Minnesotan farm boy who plays a 200ft game and has a high hockey IQ.

FIFY

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

And yeah I know Chuckles at the helm is scary.

What's scarier is Holmgren and Scott. They won't go away. Chuckles might have his hands tied.

• Like 2

On 5/11/2021 at 11:08 AM, mojo1917 said:

Just curious have you ever had a serious injury?

What about a condition that when you go to bed on Wednesday feeling fine and wake up on Thursday with a splitting headache made worse by the sight daylight; Then never really know when it will happen again or what really causes it ? 

yes. It started the day I became a Flyer fan and hasn't subsided yet

• Haha 3

On 5/11/2021 at 11:39 AM, OccamsRazor said:

My plan off the top of my head.

Travis Sanheim

2021 1st

2022 2nd

Nolan Patrick

for 

Seth Jones.

Thoughts?

Too steep.

I would give that package for Eichel.

For Jones:

2021 1st and Morin

Edited by Bertmega
context

1 minute ago, CoachX said:

can trades happen before expansion draft?

They can happen anytime.

Your question caused me to look up when can trades take place. 

I thought because of the "trade deadline" there was time when there could be no more trades. However that assumption was wrong. The trade deadline means the roster must be set for the playoffs at that time- that's it.

I think the culture surrounding trading has more to do with the amateur draft and the defined free agency period, and that's why there are long stretches where nothing happens... and then a month in the summer where big changes happen and a 2 week period in season where rosters are being "optimized".

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

They can happen anytime.

Your question caused me to look up when can trades take place. 

I thought because of the "trade deadline" there was time when there could be no more trades. However that assumption was wrong. The trade deadline means the roster must be set for the playoffs at that time- that's it.

I think the culture surrounding trading has more to do with the amateur draft and the defined free agency period, and that's why there are long stretches where nothing happens... and then a month in the summer where big changes happen and a 2 week period in season where rosters are being "optimized".

thanks

based on this info. what value does Ghost and the 2021 first have? Enough to bring in a stud defenseman?

1 minute ago, CoachX said:

thanks

based on this info. what value does Ghost and the 2021 first have? Enough to bring in a stud defenseman?

This would be a year where I would be willing to trade a first round pick. 

I don't think the scouts have been able to see many players because of COVID.

I imagine if I think like this so will many other people including NHL GMs.

I don't think a 2021 first round pick has great value.  So I would guess there would need to be a mid to high level prospect included to pry the guy the Flyers need from a team. 

Ghost doesn't seem to have a place in Philly. The first is, well, a first. And then add a prospect. I don't really know very much about the guys in the system, so I wonder who would be valuable to add? Or maybe a future 2nd or third rounder

So, Ghost + 2021 1st + ? = defenseman we need

• Like 1