Hawks report out-Stan Bowman resigns

yave1964

Stan Bowman has resigned as GM of the Hawks as the report has been released about the sexual assault and cover up that took place between video coachStanley Aldrich on two players as the Hawks made their runfor their first cup. 

Commissioner Gary Bettman is planning on meeting with former Hawks coach Joel Quenneville and former assistnat GM Kevin Cheveldayoff about their roles in hushing up the allegations. According to Bowman Quenneville told him that he had worked too hard to get the team ready for where they were right now to deal with any of this at the time. CEO Danny Wirtz has instructed his lawyers to reach out to the former players involved to offer a settlement.

The league has also fined the Hawks two million dollars.

And it looks as if Bowman is ready to drop as much of the blame on Quenneville as humanly possible.

Simply stunned beyond words.

1 hour ago, yave1964 said:

And it looks as if Bowman is ready to drop as much of the blame on Quenneville as humanly possible.

So they must be about to Jon Gruden Quenneville soon then right??

Very disturbing for folks to sweep this kind of shat under the under...what would they expect if it happened to their kids??

:rage:

• Good Post 1

wow .....

According to a source, Al MacIsaac also is out as senior vice president of hockey operations of the Hawks.  I got to know MacIsaac when he was with the Norfolk Admirals back in the early 2000's when he was the GM of the Admirals. I lived in Va Bch from 1998-2004, had season tickets to the Ads and was part of the Ice Crew..

Shocking news is an understatement ......

I'm sure more is to come ....

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

wow .....

According to a source, Al MacIsaac also is out as senior vice president of hockey operations of the Hawks.  I got to know MacIsaac when he was with the Norfolk Admirals back in the early 2000's when he was the GM of the Admirals. I lived in Va Bch from 1998-2004, had season tickets to the Ads and was part of the Ice Crew..

Shocking news is an understatement ......

I'm sure more is to come ....

Remember when we were coming up it was always "Think about the kid..."

Today's culture seems to be "F**k the kids...."

It is so sad today it seems people are indifferent to a lot serious issues in today's society and it is bleeding into sports a place where we use to be able to go to escape the outside world.

Sad times we are in to tarnish the Cups like this.

:bonkingheadonwall:

Edited by OccamsRazor
bourbon isn't working
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, yave1964 said:
55 minutes ago, Brewin Flames said:

Would not be shocked if Quennville is ousted as Florida's coach by the end of the week...Dominoes

Honestly my thought exactly

That would shake that organization to the core, especially considering many experts have them potentially running deep into the playoffs....

• Like 2

16 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Remember when we were coming up it was always "Think about the kid..."

When "we" were coming up, Joe Paterno was taking a blind eye to Jerry Sandusky.

Harvey Weinstein was blackballing actresses who wouldn't succumb to his advances.

In the early 2000s junior hockey coaches were apparently still letting kids get hazed.

16 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Today's culture seems to be "F**k the kids...."

Stan Bowman just lost his job for not doing anything. He's probably going to lose his spot as GM on the US Olympic team.

Quenneville may get fired from his job coaching an undefeated team in Florida.

From where I sit, today's culture is more "you ****ed around and now you're finding out" than it has been.

That said, people elected Jim Jordan to Congress even after he did nothing to stop abuses at Ohio State.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, radoran said:

When "we" were coming up, Joe Paterno was taking a blind eye to Jerry Sandusky.

Yeah this is the only thing that is close to being similar of what you are comparing this too.

You can't compare apples to oranges. But also i am never saying nothing bad ever happened before 2021 to kids.

12 minutes ago, radoran said:

In the early 2000s junior hockey coaches were apparently still letting kids get hazed.

This isn't that big a deal in my eyes unless they were raping them or something.

13 minutes ago, radoran said:

He's probably going to lose his spot as GM on the US Olympic team.

Already has.

13 minutes ago, radoran said:

Quenneville may get fired from his job coaching an undefeated team in Florida.

Good f**k him.

14 minutes ago, radoran said:

From where I sit, today's culture is more "you ****ed around and now you're finding out" than it has been.

Yeah well that is how it goes. Stuff like this can't happen and people not do something about it.

And regardless of the crime usually once everyone knows about it well not every don't care as well thankfully something gets done about it.

16 minutes ago, radoran said:

That said, people elected Jim Jordan to Congress even after he did nothing to stop abuses at Ohio State.

This well not shocked and it's politics. Bottom line. It isn't like evil didn't before 2021.

When you find out about it we should respond accordingly.

All evil needs to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Just like in the Brian Laundrie case.

You wouldn't have had to wonder where he is, is this really his remains we found.

Because if that would have been my daughter after i got done talking too him and he refused to tell me where my daughter is and where he last saw her i would have put and end to his life out like a candle bro...and his parents could get some too if they didn't like that.

:rage:

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yeah this is the only thing that is close to being similar of what you are comparing this too.

You can't compare apples to oranges.

Not really, there are more allegations of such activities, I'm just not Googling them at work...

The Jim Jordan case, for example, is almost exactly the same situation with a coach ignoring assaults against his players. And to reduce that to just "politics" is as bad in my eyes as making this just "sports."

The junior hockey allegations from Carcillo include sexual abuse. There are several other prominent cases in junior hockey as well.

Point being, that there are still instances of some people being held accountable and some other people not being held to the same standard.

As long as that's the case - and it was then and it is now - there will still be coaches who "just want to focus on the sport" and ignore the abuses happening around them.

You can't just declare some apples to be oranges.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, radoran said:

Not really, there are more allegations of such activities, I'm just not Googling them at work...

The Jim Jordan case, for example, is almost exactly the same situation with a coach ignoring assaults against his players. And to reduce that to just "politics" is as bad in my eyes as making this just "sports."

The junior hockey allegations from Carcillo include sexual abuse. There are several other prominent cases in junior hockey as well.

Point being, that there are still instances of some people being held accountable and some other people not being held to the same standard.

As long as that's the case - and it was then and it is now - there will still be coaches who "just want to focus on the sport" and ignore the abuses happening around them.

You can't just declare some apples to be oranges.

Ok.

1 hour ago, radoran said:

To be absolutely clear, I'm not bringing up Jim Jordan because of party affiliation, but because that situation is so similar to Quenneville's and the apparent lack of consequences for him.

Also in response to the idea that it "used to be support the kids" when it, in fact, was almost always "sweep under the rug."

See, also, too: the Catholic Church. Again, not an "anti-religious" thing. An "anti-sexual-abuse" thing.

Oh, I understand.  I just had the opportunity to inject smarm, so I took it.  It's what I do.  I'm smarmy.

In among all of the horrible stuff in the report (I read it; it's awful) how about the NHL fining the Hawks $2M for covering up the rape of a player compared to fining the Devils $3M for violating the salary cap???

• Annoyed 2

2 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

In among all of the horrible stuff in the report (I read it; it's awful) how about the NHL fining the Hawks $2M for covering up the rape of a player compared to fining the Devils $3M for violating the salary cap???

YES, absolutely ridiculous but that’s Bettman for you.

• Annoyed 1

As more and more comes out, I'm lead to where I've repeatedly found myself. From the numerous stories of parental abuse in the sport, to the discovery of the vile crimes of Graham James, to what was revealed in the book "Crossing The Line" by Laura Robertson...

I love the sport of hockey, but I don't like its culture.

• Like 4