Hawks report out-Stan Bowman resigns

yave1964

4 hours ago, JR Ewing said:

I love the sport of hockey, but I don't like its culture.

I don't know that that "culture" is strictly limited to "hockey" or that "hockey" is a necessary component in creating it.

In the end, there are just some awful people. Everywhere.

• Like 2

Just now, radoran said:

I don't know that that "culture" is strictly limited to "hockey" or that "hockey" is a necessary component in creating it.

In the end, there are just some awful people. Everywhere.

I get all of that; I really do. There's been abuses in so many places, organizations, homes, etc, etc, etc. This is a thread on a hockey forum, in a topic about people involved in the sport of hockey. The scope of my post focused more on the culture of hockey specifically, and was not meant to be exclusionary to wrongs happening in other corners of our society.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JR Ewing said:

I get all of that; I really do. There's been abuses in so many places, organizations, homes, etc, etc, etc. This is a thread on a hockey forum, in a topic about people involved in the sport of hockey. The scope of my post focused more on the culture of hockey specifically, and was not meant to be exclusionary to wrongs happening in other corners of our society.

Didn't mean to imply you were and sorry for the inference.

I'm just not going to blame "hockey" (as a Hockey News/SI article I referenced did).

Blame the franchise? The league? Now, we're on to something...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, radoran said:

Didn't mean to imply you were and sorry for the inference.

I'm just not going to blame "hockey" (as a Hockey News/SI article I referenced did).

Blame the franchise? The league? Now, we're on to something...

Right. With respect to hockey, this is a much bigger problem than just the men working in the Blackhawks organization.

• Like 2

On 10/27/2021 at 6:25 PM, Samifan said:

Watching the interview with Kyle Beach and having a wave of emotions. Here is link 

https://www.tsn.ca/video/it-was-no-longer-my-word-against-everybody-elses~2307782

This is horrible!  Thanks for sharing the link.  God bless him! 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, JR Ewing said:

Right. With respect to hockey, this is a much bigger problem than just the men working in the Blackhawks organization.

speaking to your point - Taylor Hall

https://twitter.com/ConorRyan_93/status/1453912384855228416?s=20

Edited by radoran
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, pilldoc said:

Please keep the posts to the topic at hand…

thank you 

Moved it to the hidden topics forum (couldn't move it elsewhere) where it really best belongs once some ****** starts spouting stupid ****.

Carry on

Edited by radoran
spelled ****** wrong
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Heartbroken and disgusted by this report. 

I think @OccamsRazor makes a great sad point,  protect the money seems to be the North American cultural ethos. 

First my lifelong favorite college football team doesn't do the right thing.  

Now my favorite sport follows that example. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

Won't make that commitment right now?

Why bro?

Why?

Because you can't afford it?

Oh I know why but that would show you owning your mistake and trying to make up for it best you can.

The least you can f**king do.

SMFH.

🤬

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Won't make that commitment right now?

Why bro?

Why?

Because you can't afford it?

Oh I know why but that would show you owning your mistake and trying to make up for it best you can.

The least you can f**king do.

SMFH.

🤬

yup …. Bettman is an A-hole….

• Like 1
  • Annoyed 1

This is ridiculous ..... what so the NHL powers to be can cover up another scandal.  The only way this type of behavior to stop is to make it public so that it never happens again.   Bettman is a flat out ignorant SOB and p*******y and afraid to man up to league mistakes.  I wish there was a way to get him out .....

• Good Post 1

9 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

This is ridiculous ..... what so the NHL powers to be can cover up another scandal.  The only way this type of behavior to stop is to make it public so that it never happens again.   Bettman is a flat out ignorant SOB and p*******y and afraid to man up to league mistakes.  I wish there was a way to get him out .....

Oh, I'm sorry. The Beaverton is a satirical newspaper up here, and often come up with ridiculous headlines/articles which point out absurd events in our world. As an example:

https://www.thebeaverton.com/2021/10/misinformed-horse-uses-covid-19-vaccine-to-treat-worm-infestation/

• Haha 1

Oh, I'm sorry. The Beaverton is a satirical newspaper up here, and often come up with ridiculous headlines/articles which point out absurd events in our world. As an example:

https://www.thebeaverton.com/2021/10/misinformed-horse-uses-covid-19-vaccine-to-treat-worm-infestation/

I friggin love The Beaverton. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, JR Ewing said:

LOL ...got me!  Appreciate  the explanation.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, JR Ewing said:

It's 2021 and I've never been aware of this. The  Evander Kane article about him cheating to pay back his fine for his fake Covid 19 certificate, missing wide open nets on purpose and taking voluntary boarding penalties in crucial moments just killed me.

Thanks for the link !

• Like 1

https://www.tsn.ca/aldrich-granted-second-opportunity-with-stanley-cup-while-on-probation-1.1718657

The convicted sex offender who recently had his name crossed off the Stanley Cup was given not one, but two opportunities to celebrate with the trophy in his home state, the second time coming while he was on probation and a registered sex offender in Michigan.

Brad Aldrich, the former Chicago Blackhawks’ video coach at the centre of a sexual misconduct scandal that has shook the hockey world, had the Cup at his workplace in Calumet, Mich., in October of 2016, two years after being released from prison.  

A person familiar with the story said Aldrich had approximately 20 minutes for employees of OcuGlass to pose for pictures with hockey’s most cherished trophy. Aldrich posted one of those pictures to OcuGlass' Twitter account, which has recently been made private.

The Cup was taken to OcuGlass by a representative of the Hockey Hall of Fame, the official keeper of the Cup.

Aldrich’s past with the Blackhawks and criminal record were not known.

“No staff member or any other individual working on behalf of the Hockey Hall of Fame knew of Brad Aldrich’s criminal past and transgressions in Chicago until media reports surfaced in June 2021,” said Hockey Hall of Fame spokesperson Kelly Masse. 

Traditionally, players get one day with the Cup, but the Hall of Fame tries to accommodate additional requests from past winners as logistics permit.  

Aldrich’s name was inscribed on the Cup even though allegations of sexual misconduct had been lodged by Chicago reserve player Kyle Beach in May of 2010.

Aldrich’s first day with the Cup was on Oct.14, 2010 in his hometown of Houghton, Mich., four months after he was allowed to resign from the Blackhawks.  

Aldrich went on to coach a high school team in Houghton and in February of 2014 was sentenced to nine months in jail after pleading guilty to fourth-degree criminal sexual conduct in a case involving one of his teenage players.

He served five months in prison before being released in July of 2014 and put on five years’ probation.  

Aldrich's name was crossed out on the Cup on Oct. 31 at the request of the Blackhawks.  

Only one other person has ever had his or her name covered up on the Cup: the father of then-Edmonton Oilers’ owner Peter Pocklington, Basil Pocklington, who had nothing to do with the 1983-84 championship team but was listed, nonetheless.

• Like 1