Giroux Trade Talk

elmatus

2 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

The sad thing is, a lot of the people complaining about where we're at would love to see Gaudreau signed. And like you said, they'd have to send a Konecny or Sanheim or Provorov out. And we can watch those guys get their game back somewhere else, while watching Gaudreaus game deteriorate in Philly.

At least you have braced for the Iceberg in our path. I know it is coming because most of the rumors i had heard seem to come true.

Only thing you can hope for is Calgary overpays to keep it's home grown talent.

I hope Chuck could find enough space to add him at least without losing the guys above you mentioned.

Even if he has to buyout JVR. I know he is a local guy and they will do anything to get their hands on him.

And he is a friend of Hayes oh yeah - it is going down. But we are also talking about the folks who re-signed RR. It is going to get worse before it gets better...it sucks because now all i have to watch is football.

:BrownBag:

10 minutes ago, radoran said:

When I die I expect to find Him laughing...

depeche mode dave GIF

Is it custom to celebrate the 1,000th game before it is even played or do they most times wait till you know he has finished it to celebrate asking for a friend?? Or is that to jinx him??

:PopcornSmiley2:

I guess the Flyers aren't making Jones very attractive in a sell.

Maybe if anything the Leafs could come calling.

Never cared for Mrazek. Hated him in Philly and hated him in Carolina.

I'd take a 4th. I want to get a look at Felix Sandstrom to end the season in some games.

He will be subject to waiver and i'd like to know if he could be given the backup spot to lose.

It is now or never with this kid....good lawd bootcamp is over!!!

:cheers:

6 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

:cheers:

He needs to take it up a notch if he wants to sustain that sparkling 3 year run of .896 that wowed Fletcher into signing him in the first place. 

But if he keeps up the .884 I fully expect a long term deal from the King of Dumbasses.

• Uggh... 1

7 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well damn there went a piece i wanted in the Giroux trade...

Well I'm sure Helleson is a fine prospect, but I'd rather Fletcher trades for players for reasons other than "Ooooooo, look....Minnesota!"

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Is it custom to celebrate the 1,000th game before it is even played or do they most times wait till you know he has finished it to celebrate asking for a friend?? Or is that to jinx him??

:PopcornSmiley2:

"if you"re planning on going to the game" ?    there are so many things about this tweet that we can lambaste them over

• Like 2

The way things are shaking out at the moment...

One would think the stars are aligning for the Flyers at this trade deadline. 

Chuck needs to conjure his inner bastard and make his team better.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

The way things are shaking out at the moment...

One would think the stars are aligning for the Flyers at this trade deadline. 

Chuck needs to conjure his inner bastard and make his team better.

If we took Stevie Y's brain, and had it implanted in Chuck's dome, he'd still stick his hand in a moving blender to see if it was working

• Haha 1
  • Uggh... 1

I said it in the shout box but will sort of repeat it here.

I am 100% ready to watch Giroux and Fletcher fly the plane into the mountains over the next 5 days.

Thursday night can't get here soon enough, skate a shift in game 1000, then pull his ass up the tunnel, and onto a plane to Raliegh, Ft Lauderdale (closest to Sunrise) Denver or Minneapolis. 

5 minutes ago, MaineFlyFan said:

$50 says Giroux is taking the opening faceoff, opening night, at the WFC next year....

Come on? Whose gonna bite!?

I've heard from several different media people that G is thinking about signing in PHI after this season, so no thanks.

Feels like a sure-fire loser bet to me.

6 minutes ago, MaineFlyFan said:

$50 says Giroux is taking the opening faceoff, opening night, at the WFC next year....

cricket_ecard_1.jpg

Here we have crickets playing cricket while listening to Buddy Hollys band.

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, MaineFlyFan said:

If there is a way trade giroux at the deadline for a decent package and resign him for a discounted rate, I'd be all over it. He is still the best player on this team, has been forever, and in my opinion he's a top 5 (at least) player that ever wore the orange and black. If they want to play the "if we didn't have so many injuries and covid" card, and they think they are 2 pieces away in a healthy season, Giroux can still be a main piece.

We don't think that it true though. I want a tear down. That could still include Giroux but I feel like it would be a waste of his talent to be on a team that's starting from scratch.

• Like 2
  • Good Post 1

Jost deal may be a step towards opening up space for Giroux:

https://www.hockeywilderness.com/platform/amp/2022/3/15/22979621/nhl-trade-rumors-deadline-minnesota-wild-colorado-avalanche-tyson-jost-nico-sturm

Combined with a short IR for Landeskog and this puts them pretty close, especially if they send back a Helm (for example) and Flyers retain half salary.

Helm would be a cap space savings and other pieces would have to be involved, obviously.

• Like 1

I have this nagging feeling that Giroux isn’t going anywhere. I wonder how Flyers fans will react if he or Fletcher come up with some reason or excuse why he couldn’t be traded. Given what Fletcher and Scott said about retooling and not rebuilding it kinda makes more sense to keep him doesn’t it?

Just now, GratefulFlyers said:

I have this nagging feeling that Giroux isn’t going anywhere. I wonder how Flyers fans will react if he or Fletcher come up with some reason or excuse why he couldn’t be traded. Given what Fletcher and Scott said about retooling and not rebuilding it kinda makes more sense to keep him doesn’t it?

It would not surprise me if Giroux "didn't want" to win a Cup with another franchise.

That said, there is absolutely nothing stopping them from re-signing Giroux in the offseason.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GratefulFlyers said:

I'd say no to this question.

It makes the most sense to trade him for some younger, close to NHL ready prospects and a high draft pick and then resign him for a more team friendly number in free agency.

The team lacks high end talent. Chuck has said this, repeatedly in his media availabilities. A Giroux trade is the best way to jump start the process of acquiring high end talent.

39 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

A Giroux trade is the best way to jump start the process of acquiring high end talent.

Well, a complete overhaul of management would be the best way...but a Giroux trade would be the most realistic way. Then of course you have that management making the deal...

Just now, flyercanuck said:

a Giroux trade would be the most realistic way.

I'm coming around to the increasing feeling among pundits that the return isn't likely to be as overwhelming as we might think/like.

Colorado's first, for example, will likely be 25+ (and 32 if Giroux gets "his" Cup). I don't think they give up a "top talent" prospect along with it - more likely a guy "with upside." And an Avs 1st wouldn't be until at least 2023.

The pick(s) could also easily have contingencies (progress in playoffs, re-signing with acquiring team/Flyers, Giroux's production).

I would be (happily) stunned if it was a Newhook or a Rossi type player. Just don't see that happening for what is likely to be a flat out rental.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Well, a complete overhaul of management would be the best way...but a Giroux trade would be the most realistic way. Then of course you have that management making the deal...

Buddy, why you gotta be my personal wet blanket up in this?

Can't you just let me have this one?

sheesh. 

If my aunt had any balls she'd be my uncle but she doesn't. 

Those are the dudes running the show- until they're not, believe me I haven't forgotten.

The trade of Giroux remains the best way to quickly infuse new talent on the roster. Regardless of who is doing the trading. 

• Haha 1