Game 44: Kings at Flyers; 1/29/22 @ 1 PM, NBCSP

Howie58

No surprise they couldn't lock it down in regulation let's see if they can find a way 3 on 3.

oh Provorov come on....I sure hope you get the GWer you owe us for that stupidass weak TO.

Hallelujah ... and all the angels sing ...

winning a shift and scoring 3 on 3 - fun to watch I admit - but it's a bogus way to end an NHL game. at least we were spared the skills competition.

Edited by GratefulFlyers

25 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Flyers win!! Start the parade! next streak Sell high!!!:beer:

FIFY

:PopcornSmiley2:

they are 17 points from the Bruins in the last wild card spot but they have 3 games in hand on the Flyer so forget them they are 8 points away from the Wings so that is who they should concentrate on and will more than likely catch.

Big whoopee they still miss the playoffs but because they are only 8 back i swear i know they won't blow this thing up before they have had a chance to even see the team Chuckles has assembled so i know they are just going to run it back next year.

Only thing i see happened or should for real sell off Yandle you get that guy the fcuk out the line up that has to be like - 2.00 gaa a night alone.....that might drop Hart's gaa to down from 2.87 to 2.10 a lot better looking.

So yeah all they will do is end up 9th outside slobbering on the glass...

9 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

That was the best period of Flyers' hockey I've seen since October.

Risto was Makar like!!!! I didn't say it check the clip Gerry Mayhew did!!!

Edited by OccamsRazor
bourbon isn't working

So anyone got a scouting report on little spark plug Minnie Pronger Gerry Mayhew (rocking the #20 looking like Danny Briere wearing Pronger's jersey - i'd take him over Hayes RIGHT NOW) other than being one of Chuckles Minnesota henchmen 

This all started with Frost winning a puck battle...finally the Flyers make the other team pay.

Now do that 1,000 more times....

The thing with Mayhew in Minny was that during the inmates running the room years of Parise/Suter he never got a decent chance of showing if he can keep on scoring in the NHL. Putting him on a good line with decent TOI would have gone against the hierarchy that those SOB's Parise and Suter had managed to instill into the Wild. Parise first, then the next best draft picks, then any AHL ringers playing 10 minutes in a game and out the minute they made a mistake. Top that with Boudreau who liked to give a lot of TOI to the team's stars, and Mayhew never had a real chance. He played a couple of games, didn't score, got sent back, scored a lot of AHL goals, came back, and so it went for years. When Guerin and Evason came along things changed, but Mayhew might be too small for the winning 50/50 battles those two seem to emphasise.

Anyways, Mayhew seemed to be good character, and I am happy if he has now found a place in Philly. He was always treated a bit like raw meat, but he always did his best with his limited opportunities, never complained, at least publicly. All the best for him.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

See hockey minds see that goal and think of it this way.

Fletcher sees that goal and thinks that's an extra $2 miillion per and an extra year on the new WORSE than Haysies contract! 

Edited by flyercanuck

6 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

See hockey minds see that goal and think of it this way.

Fletcher sees that goal and thinks that's an extra $2 miillion per and an extra year on the new WORSE than Haysies contract! 

Yeah i know see that is the thing to me.

Yes he does have some skill and yes he can make plays like that but to me it is like the same reason i am not happy with Jalen Hurts as the Eagles QB....yes he too can be very good but here lies the problem...he like Risto can/won't do it enough or consistently.

If you are wanting type of pay day then i need goo consistently play night in night out every game.

So Risto like Hurts makes my mind up to move on because they can't be what we want and need so why waste more time.

Sorry to use the Eagles as an example because i'm sure you don't follow the NFL but i tried best i could to explain...i don't mind paying but with that said i need a good return on my money and i just don't feel i am going to get it....from what i have seen so far.

But it isn't lost on me that Chuckles isn't going to admit he made a mistake and resign him...

:BrownBag:

• Like 1