Colorado, Minnesota or St Louis

RonJeremy

Of the three rumored teams that want Giroux,  which has the better prospects that we might be able to get and more importantly,  the most incompetent GM, so we can maximize the return.

I would hope we can get an NHL ready  right handed dman who can replace Risto and a center or else a left wing to replace JVR and maybe a first round pick. If Minnesota offered Boldy or Colorado offered Newhook straight up for Giroux and nothing else I would do that.

Not sure what prospects St Louis has, but I guess whichever team has the deepest pool of prospects might not have a problem trading a few.

Edited by RonJeremy
  • Like 2

The Flyers front office needs to administer some help for the other team's scouts...

...so when they see Risto play I want one of them to stand up and exclaim....

"Did you see the size of that chicken!!"

And a deal will be consummated...

:BrownBag:

• Haha 1

In addition to the horror of watching the game, I was stuck with the Blues Broadcast and every member of them said they can’t see the Blues getting in the mix because Giroux does not address any pressing areas they need to shore up before the real season begins.

it will be interesting to see if places G wants to go arent interested. 

• Like 1

@Samifan

Carolina....that's the place for Claude.

They need scoring now and in the playoffs, they have many good forward prospects that are almost NHL ready.

It could really help the Canes in the short term and help the Flyers in the medium short term. 

• Good Post 1

59 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

@Samifan

They need scoring now and in the playoffs, they have many good forward prospects that are almost NHL ready.

It could really help the Canes in the short term and help the Flyers in the medium short term. 

Agree 100%. I’m sure Brind’Amour was in his ear during all star weekend.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

Of the three rumored teams that want Giroux,  which has the better prospects that we might be able to get and more importantly,  the most incompetent GM, so we can maximize the return

Any incompetent GM for another team, is still smarter than ours, ten fold.

We lose :BrownBag:

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

@Samifan

I would love that.

I would watch that Cup run for sure.

I watched Brindy's that one hurt my gut.

So bittersweet. That was the first celebration I really ever watched till the end.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

The Flyers front office needs to administer some help for the other team's scouts...

...so when they see Risto play I want one of them to stand up and exclaim....

"Did you see the size of that chicken!!"

And a deal will be consummated...

:BrownBag:

I love young guns lol.

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

On 2/23/2022 at 11:10 PM, lynxrattle said:

The Wild has enough problems as it is in not hating losing. We really don't need Ristolainen nor Giroux to add to the problems. What we need is players with even a fraction of the attitude of Bobby Clarke in the Summit series.

How about JVR 

• Haha 1

Giroux would be expensive. Hearing a 1st round, a top prospect potentially a player. Plus his salary.

I've heard 1st rounder or equivalent for Giordano.

The Isles think they can get a 2nd for Parise, or Chara. Minnesota might add depth player but there are better options in Iowa than rentals.

From what I've been reading, Colorado is now out of the Giroux sweepstakes. I've also read that Boston has now expressed interest and Florida is definitely in the hunt. As for St.Louis,  the word is that they're not too keen n on adding Giroux, but they're looking for defensive help (Braun?). 

1 hour ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

From what I've been reading, Colorado is now out of the Giroux sweepstakes.

Doesn't matter right now we have 17 more days to wait and i wouldn't be blown away if they kept him.

I think ol Chuckles knows no matter what you do, if you trade away the Captain and get fleeced again his head is going to roll must less get promoted.

If you move the Captain and get a nice return they may keep him until Danny is ready or Chuckles burns Homer's popcorn or something whatever they can dream up.

Besides chatting with the folks here or killing time stuck somewhere and my phone in my hand (a lot at work - it's true, it is how you know i had a good day - a chance to conversate) i don't pay much attention to them or the actual team i'll just read someone else's misery lately and that will suffice for now...all i look forward to is the draft and the offseason praying for change.

Been watching a lot of Canes hockey....that is depressing too watching the speed and skill Flyers use to possess.

• Like 1

I think Schmuck is done regardless. I fully expect that he'll be squeezed out of the GM role by the summer and that they'll promote Briere. They'll keep Schmuck as team president, but Briere will have autonomy when it comes to hockey matters such as trades, free agency, the draft, etc.....

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

As for St.Louis,  the word is that they're not too keen n on adding Giroux, but they're looking for defensive help (Braun?). 

Defensive help or defencemen? If its the former they can have Braun. If it's the latter they can have Ristolainen. 

4 hours ago, GrittyForever said:

I hear ya, but I don't think the Flyers have EVER played with the speed of the current Canes. 

When I say speed I don't mean just foot speed I mean speed moving the puck.

I remember back in the day the year Jake scored his first 80 point season they moved the puck very well but their blueline wasn't as skilled as the current Canes back end. But they still transition well.

15 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

I think Schmuck is done regardless. I fully expect that he'll be squeezed out of the GM role by the summer and that they'll promote Briere. They'll keep Schmuck as team president, but Briere will have autonomy when it comes to hockey matters such as trades, free agency, the draft, etc.....

I'm fine with them dumping Fletcher. But to do so for Briere is a stupid as the moves Fletcher has made

This franchise does not need a rookie making vital decisions at a pivotal moment. They need a proven GM who knows how to fix this unwatchable train wreck

That said, I dont think they fire Fletcher. They might move him up and bring in a new GM. I just hope it isn't Briere

5 minutes ago, CoachX said:

I'm fine with them dumping Fletcher. But to do so for Briere is a stupid as the moves Fletcher has made

This franchise does not need a rookie making vital decisions at a pivotal moment. They need a proven GM who knows how to fix this unwatchable train wreck

That said, I dont think they fire Fletcher. They might move him up and bring in a new GM. I just hope it isn't Briere

I don't think they will do it this offseason but if next year goes south quick by the end of next season yeah maybe.

Danny B. seems to need more grooming I think.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I don't think they will do it this offseason but if next year goes south quick by the end of next season yeah maybe.

Danny B. seems to need more grooming I think.

I don't think Briere can be any worse than some of the **** the Flyers rolled out as GM. And honestly, Briere would be in the same boat as Sakic was when he took over the Avalanche or when Yzerman took over the Lightning. If anything, Briere being a new GM means he's leaning on his resources even more and that can only be a good thing. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

I don't think Briere can be any worse than some of the **** the Flyers rolled out as GM. 

This is the problem. They don't need, "can't be worse". They need really good. Really effective. Otherwise, same ol $hit

5 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

And honestly, Briere would be in the same boat as Sakic was when he took over the Avalanche or when Yzerman took over the Lightning. If anything, Briere being a new GM means he's leaning on his resources even more and that can only be a good thing

Briere isn't either. And neither is the team. Just because those 2 made it work, diesnt mean he will

1 hour ago, CoachX said:

This is the problem. They don't need, "can't be worse". They need really good. Really effective. Otherwise, same ol $hit

Well it ain't changing. Get use to it.

Only thing i can do is spend less time watching them and just glance at a box score and go see what the wife wants to watch....she loves this time of year when i got nothing else to watch.

It maybe be a long while before i can sit down and keep my eyes on the whole game again...

• Like 1

Well the good news is regardless of where the Flyers finished they can still find a stud in the draft even if they don't get to the top 3...

...this guy was a 9th pick and well you just have to do your homework and have some luck.

Flyers need a guy who can find the back of the net for starters i think they have enough passers.

But yeah i have no faith they can find one...

The Kid Mero What GIF by Desus & Mero

2 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well the good news is regardless of where the Flyers finished they can still find a stud in the draft even if they don't get to the top 3...

...this guy was a 9th pick and well you just have to do your homework and have some luck.

Flyers need a guy who can find the back of the net for starters i think they have enough passers.

But yeah i have no faith they can find one...

The Kid Mero What GIF by Desus & Mero

So who do we take...Connor Geekie (look...big) or Issac Howard (born and raised...guess where?)