Ristolainen Re-signs with Flyers

mojo1917

So, this has happened?

Nothing on the official site, yet but TSN saying it's...5.1 x5. 

Dang it. 

If so, this is definitely a 'justification" signing. ...Well we gave up so much to get him...

It is difficult to see where or how this works out from today.

Edited by radoran
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

So, this has happened?

Nothing on the official site, yet but TSN saying it's...5.1 x5. 

Dang it. 

If so, this is definitely a 'justification" signing. ...Well we gave up so much to get him...

It is difficult to see where or how this works out from today.

Ya, I was almost 100% sure we were re-signing him the moment Fletcher grossly overpaid for him in the trade. 

The good news is he should get us closer to a top 2 pick next season in the Bedard/Michkov lottery (with our luck we'll pick 2nd and Michkov will never come over) unless of course Fltcher trades the pick because we're that close to being a contender. Still. 

Yeah, this is the last straw for me. Fletch needs to go. This is easily his biggest failed decision to date imo, and it's not like he was riding a great track record before this. Ditch him now before he does something even worse.

3 minutes ago, elmatus said:

Yeah, this is the last straw for me. Fletch needs to go. This is easily his biggest failed decision to date imo, and it's not like he was riding a great track record before this. Ditch him now before he does something even worse.

Sadly he's probably going to be here til they promote him. 

Next years catchy team slogan...Doomed

• Annoyed 1

27 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Not that he needs one, his play and that contract is basically one, but I bet he gets a NTC as well.

Because....Fletcher.

Hey at least they have someone who can protect Hart.

Sure he may KILL him in the process but at least he has good intentions.

It isn't even 11 am yet and I already need a drink and I'm not talking about coffee.

This has ruined my day - the first of 4 off.

I need therapy. I heard @Podein25 was picking you up and driving you to the Walt Whitman bridge....

Edited by OccamsRazor
The Bourbon ain't working...
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Not that he needs one, his play and that contract is basically one, but I bet he gets a NTC as well.

Because....Fletcher.

Oh it gets even better...

...I know I have been out spoken about Hextall and all but it really feels like Chuck has been instructed to erase everything Ron has done....so as IF they were to ever win it all (yeah I know) that they would never have to credit Ron at all.

So I guess Hart and Ivan are next...

...goddammit I need a drink but I'm stuck at the dealership getting my Avalon serviced.

🤬

I HATE EVRYONE WHO PREDICTED THIS!

ALL OF YALL!!!!

Edited by OccamsRazor
Is Chuck a mole employeed by the Rangers or Devils?
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I don't see a NMC or NTC reported.

Dear gawd. Damn you Chuck!

Damn you!

I'm telling you, there is a Must Trade Clause if the Flyers don't make the playoffs in the next two years...

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, radoran said:

I'm telling you, there is a Must Trade Clause if the Flyers don't make the playoffs in the next two years...

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

That went over my head the first time.

I HATE YOU!!!!

Does bourbon in your coffee make you an alcoholic....asking for a friend.

:BrownBag: 

Truly I don't see how signing the 3rd best defensman playing on the team- means you need to trade the best defenseman playing on the team.

A trade of Sanhiem seems really stupid, unless somehow all these quarters can be traded for dollars, I just don't see where taking guys who are good and getting rid of them is the answer to anything. There has been a lot of talk about trading TK and Provorov and now Sanhiem .... I would think the idea is to add to that group so they become the floor and the additions raise the level. 

I have zero idea what is happening, but none of it seems, you know, good. 

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

2 minutes ago, radoran said:

He doesn't have to approach him, they work in the same office.

He bounces ideas off him everyday.

Chuck: "Say Paul,  what if we traded Hart and a second for Duncan Keith...He's the kind of veteran we could use back there"

Paul: "You're catching on Chuck I didn't even have to prompt you about adding the 2nd rounder...Bee Tee Dubs, great move on the Risto signing, I thought you had him for 4.7 but that extra .25 per year was genuis!"

• Haha 2
  • Uggh... 1

Way to go Flyers...double down on what's not working, what's never worked before and what is sure to set the cause back by half a decade minimum.

Unless of course the cause is to remain a bottom feeder in the NHL. If it is they're right on track. And hey at least we'll see some Big Hits!

• Like 1
  • Annoyed 1