2022 NHL Draft - Flyers Version (#5 Overall)

pilldoc

2022 NHL Draft - Flyers Version  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Updated Question. Flyers are now drafting #5 overall. Who do you want?

• Juraj Slafkovsky -TPS (Liiga) (Slovakia)- LW / C / RW
    • Simon Nemec -HK Nitra (Slovakia) - RHD
    • Logan Cooley - USDP (United States) - C (NOTE: Committed to Univ. Minn.)
    • Matthew Savoie - Winnipeg (WHL - Canada) - C
    • Joakim Kemell - JYP (Liiga) (Finland) - RW
    • David Jiricek - HC Plzen (Czech) - RHD
    • Connor Geekie - Winnipeg (WHL - Canada) - C
    • Other?
    • BPA (Best Player Available)

6 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Probably not...and it doesn't matter. The Flyers aren't ready for next season.

100% agree. don't burn up a year of an ELC to play on a bad team, not to mention the stench.

On 5/4/2022 at 10:35 AM, flyercanuck said:

Probably not...and it doesn't matter. The Flyers aren't ready for next season.

I do not like this mock...but looks just like what Flyers would do take a 5-10 174 pound forward at 4.

And he is from Pittsburg and know Flyer luck skips signing with Flyers after he leaves Minnesota and signs with his home town Penguins. 

You couldn't write a better Flyer luck outcome.

Even JVR helping fcuk them out of Slafkovsky who i wanted with his meaningless goals to lose out to Kraken by one point.

I'd rather have Jiricek or Savoie over Cooley.

http://www.mynhldraft.com/NHL-Mock-Draft/

Montreal.gif.200b481aa58e4eea0b6721e06d238acc.gif

Ht/Wt:6' 1"/187 lbs
Position:C
Team: Kingston (OHL)

Arizona-2021-pres.jpg.a3aad936e978b9a840b6a97d7e1505b7.jpg

Ht/Wt:6' 1"/192 lbs
Position:RHD
Team: HK Nitra (SVK)

Seattle.jpg.87f8819f9df8f1ca37d603347e0bdc54.jpg

Ht/Wt:6' 4"/225 lbs
Position:LW
Team: TPS (FIN)

Philadelphia.gif.56c38e0d24401e8e4b318ce86e9ec5a4.gif

Ht/Wt:5'10"/174 lbs
Team: US NTDP

1062171097_NewJersey.gif.d766a4241a62e1d5f591fe3e2e641b1e.gif

Ht/Wt:6' 3"/176 lbs
Position:RHD
Team: HC Plzen (CZE)

Columbus08.gif.7bd2d5dbd9f506fb2fd2d9edde7cf22d.gif

6 *
Ht/Wt:5' 9"/181 lbs
Team: Winnipeg (WHL)
Edited by OccamsRazor
  • Like 1

But i like this mock....please Arizona do this....please...

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2955792-2022-nhl-mock-draft-full-round-1-projections-for-every-team

1. Montreal Canadiens: Shane Wright, C, Kingston (OHL)

2. Arizona Coyotes: Logan Cooley, C, U.S. National Team Development Program

3. Seattle Kraken: Simon Nemec, D, HK Nitra (SVK)

4. Philadelphia Flyers: Juraj Slafkovsky, LW, TPS (FIN)

5. New Jersey Devils: David Jiricek, D, HC Plzen (CZE)

6. Columbus Blue Jackets (via Chicago Blackhawks): Joakim Kemell, C, JYP (FIN)

@OccamsRazor

I'd be fine with Cooley or Slafkovsky. 

Both players represent levels of skill this team doesn't have.

The organization needs centermen.

Slafkovsky projects to a Jagr style player and is a wing, so I'd prefer him less than Cooley.

Cooley has all the things a team would want from a pivot.

I'd happily take either player though.

Like I said they both possess elite talent. The Flyers need that as much as anything.

1 hour ago, mojo1917 said:

The organization needs centermen.

Sure but I would prefer someone with size too.

I'd rather trade back than take this kid just doesn't look like a 4th overall type skillet to me.

Someone who knows more about him needs to chime in and convince me just don't like it from everything I have researched.

Edited by OccamsRazor
#boubonup

1 hour ago, FireDillabaugh said:

He's been projected as a top pick when Wright struggled a bit.  Since Wright's game has gotten MUCH, MUCH better, that's changed.  He's supposed to be a guy that can do most things very well.  Good faceoff guy, solid in his defensive zone, great wrist shot, good at carrying the puck entering the offensive zone.  Supposed to be the type of player who's game outweighs his small size and allows him to succeed even though he is small.

The only issue is he's at least 3 years away.  He probably plays at Minnesota until he's a Junior at least.

None of these guys are going to win us a cup in the next 3 years anyway, so there's no point in rushing them into the prospect reverse development empire.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, FireDillabaugh said:

He's been projected as a top pick when Wright struggled a bit.  Since Wright's game has gotten MUCH, MUCH better, that's changed.  He's supposed to be a guy that can do most things very well.  Good faceoff guy, solid in his defensive zone, great wrist shot, good at carrying the puck entering the offensive zone.  Supposed to be the type of player who's game outweighs his small size and allows him to succeed even though he is small.

The only issue is he's at least 3 years away.  He probably plays at Minnesota until he's a Junior at least.

So question if they take him at 4 you are happy and ecstatic??

Do you fore see it being a good pick or should it be someone else like Savoie who is suppose to be a sniper like his brother was goal scorer who played on the same line as Brink?

37 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

None of these guys are going to win us a cup in the next 3 years anyway, so there's no point in rushing them into the prospect reverse development empire.

So would you be good with Cooley?? I would rather take Savoie over this guy.

Edited by OccamsRazor
left out key word
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

So would you be good with Cooley?? I would rather take Savoie over this guy.

I honestly haven't seen much of Cooley...but I really like Savoie. He might be a bit of a reach at 4, but if he's your guy you can either take your chances and trade down a couple of spots, or just take him. 

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

but if he's your guy

This.

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

take your chances

This.

Hell i'm just happy be able to choose. 

:cheers:

Maybe the Jersey Douche bags pick the Nolan Patrick of the draft and by the strangest of coincidences the Cale Makar falls to Philly. Or, Chuckie trades the pick for another 30 yr old with a big contract and a chronic condition. 

• Haha 1
  • Uggh... 1
  • Annoyed 1

2 hours ago, Toronto Jules said:

If Matthew Savoie is still sitting on the board at #5 the Flyers better grab him. 

Pretty confident he will be. Only way he isn't imo is if none of the top 4 want a D man and pass on Nemec. Savoie imo is the 4th best fprward and the 6th best player. 

• Like 2

Obviously sucks that the devils won the lottery for the 2nd overall. But, now that it's happened, it makes it interesting. Cooley is the clear cut number 2. Devils have Hischier and Hughes down the middle. They are not going to take Cooley, meaning Arizona gets him at 3 or they trade the pick. If they pick, they will go for Slavfkovsky....Savoie, I believe, will be there at 5. But I'm not overly confident in them making the right choice. Well probably end up with the other defender jiricek.

2 hours ago, ctid said:

Obviously sucks that the devils won the lottery for the 2nd overall. But, now that it's happened, it makes it interesting. Cooley is the clear cut number 2. Devils have Hischier and Hughes down the middle. They are not going to take Cooley, meaning Arizona gets him at 3 or they trade the pick. If they pick, they will go for Slavfkovsky....Savoie, I believe, will be there at 5. But I'm not overly confident in them making the right choice. Well probably end up with the other defender jiricek.

Above was written in a "Im on my way to work, its early, and Im pissed that the Flyers lucked out in the lottery"

Should be interesting to see what the Devils do. Still dont believe they pick Cooley, unless they want to frontload the middle like the pens did with Crosby, Malkin, Staal. Outside Wright, Cooley, Slavkovsky, I want the Flyers to pick Savoie. But Im afraid the two defenders or an outlier like Geekie (Size) or Kemmel will be the pick.