Playoffs? And How Deep?

Guest emwags618

The Flyers have fallen into 6th place in the eastern conference.

In all honesty (based off of what you think, not what you want) do you think the Philadelphia Flyers will get make it to the playoffs, how deep into the play offs do you think they will go, and do you think that with this team this year we would have a chance at winning the stanely cup?

I have my opinions but I want to hear what other people think as well !

As of right now they would be matched up with Florida. They other 1st round potential oppenents would be Pens / Devils / Sens. There is no way they are gonna catch the Rangers unless a miracle happens. So yes, I say they can make the playoffs, and yes they could win the 1st round. I doubt they go past the 2nd round.

And NO as I have said all year in my posts, this team is not a cup contender this year. Just too many question marks at goalie.

I DON"T TRUST BRYZ!!!!

@emwags618

No doubt in my mind that they'll make it. I think as of now we don't fare too well against the Rangers or Bruins, so it may be best to get the 6th seed and (as of now) match up against the Panthers.

Then again, if you would have told me two years ago that we would have been the 8th seed on a shoot out win and went to game 6 of the SCF I wouldn't believe it.

So my bold prediction is we are the 6 seed and face some team from the South East. From there it's anyone's guess.

Yes they will make the PO's. How far they go is anyones guess. It depends on who they draw and more importantly how Bryz is playing. If he plays like he did against SJ, I truly feel this team has a chance to go far. If he plays like he has most of the season, then they will be gone in 5 or 6 games in round 1.

In all honesty (based off of what you think, not what you want) do you think the Philadelphia Flyers will get make it to the playoffs, how deep into the play offs do you think they will go, and do you think that with this team this year we would have a chance at winning the stanely cup?

Playoffs? You want to talk about playoffs? Playoffs? really playoffs?

playing even .500 the rest of the way i think we get in, but i think the team is better than a .500 team , lots of games in the division remain on the schedule so it's time to nut up.

once in it is as someone else said up to Bryzgalov, he plays well this team can go deep into May/June. good speed , good skill, good veteran leadership. if we get good goaltending too we'll be a team no one wants to play.

If you look at these graphics, the remaining games are all broken down for easy reading.

http://www.hockeyfor...4703#entry34703

Obviously, nobody knows so if you play the odds it would look like this if the playoffs started today:

Caps vs Rags

Devils vs Bruins

Flyers vs Panthers

Sens vs Pens

2nd round.

Rags vs Flyers

Bruins vs Pens

Rags vs Bruins in the ECF.

IMO and the best scenario for the flyers to get past the 2nd round would be that either the Rangers or Bruins loose in the first round:

Then the 2nd round would look like this:

Caps vs Bruins (or) Devils vs Rangers

Flyers vs Penguins

The key to all of this is having the 4-6 seed. Falling to 7th or 8th would greatly reduce the chances of reaching the 2nd round.

As far as winning the cup. I give the Flyers a 1% chance.

balls deep! wait.. what are we talking about again? oh yeah... we just had a poll on this very question, but i'll go again. we'll make playoffs. that's all that matters. this team will not win a stanley cup this year. i just hope we can win one round.

I really don't understand why people continue doing this to themselves. Why set expectations up so high only to get disappointed? Have we not learned a damn thing with this team, yet?

And what did you really expect this year? The team has gone through some major transformations last summer. And as far as I see, not all of those changes would gurantee winning.

So far, the team has performed more or less along the lines of what I expected. I predicted last summer that this would be a borderline playoff team. I think they will make it. But one round is a very realistic expectation. Anything beyond that would be a bonus based on how this season progressed.

Shirley you didn't expect them to lead the league in goals scored?

Do they really lead in that category?

What I definitely didn't expect is to see our $6 mil goalie vying for the worst goaltender award this year. That's probably the biggest thing I did *not* expect.

Our Flyers will make the playoffs.

And I think they will surprise us and make a run.

Fearless (and baseless) prediction? By early May we will all be glad that JvR was not traded.

Edited by AndyS

Playoffs yes. I say that if they get the Panthers they advance otherwise it is 1 and done. While Bryz has had some good games he generally follows those with stinkers filled with inexplicable goals allowed. That is a recipe for disaster in the POs even if we had Gretzky and Lemeiux.

OK but seriously, yes to the playoffs. But likely a 7 seed the way thing are going. Which gives us Boston in the first round....in which case see Jim Mora above

Even the 8th seed is not out of the realm of possibility. Doesn't matter - playoffs are playoffs. Once they are in, anything can happen, of course.

Personally I think were deffinately going to make it in the playoffs. And in all honesty I think we have the ability and potential to be a Stanely Cup team.... But with the way things have gone so far and from what weve seen this year, it's not going to happen. But this is the first year with the "new" team so I think, hopefully, next year it will be more put together and set in stone, and we will being a championship in the near future.

Also with the attitude & relentlessness of our team, and the way they play and step it up when it comes to the PO's, I think well be in pretty decent decent shape. Also I think (....more like pray) Bryz will step it up and really shine the closer we get to the end of the season and into the PO's.

Ok...what i THINK? Flyers win 1 round, then lose in the 2nd round.

what I HOPE is Bryz gets hot, defense gels, and forwards help on the backcheck. If those three things happen, and the stars & planets align just right...we COULD get a Cup. This team is too young to realize the odds are against them once they get deep. And hopefully their young legs will keep them going game after game.