Fletcher and the HC

Fizz

Now that Bruce Cassidy is off the table what are the odds Fletcher pi$$es around till all the good HCs are snapped up and the Flyers are stuck with yet another sub-par coach?

I put the odds pretty damn high.......  

19 minutes ago, Fizz said:

Now that Bruce Cassidy is off the table what are the odds Fletcher pi$$es around till all the good HCs are snapped up and the Flyers are stuck with yet another sub-par coach?

I'd almost rather it to the sub-par coach people seem to want them to grab quickly.  Like the one that won a cup like 18 years ago but recently had good players fleeing from his last team.

Edited by ruxpin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Fizz said:

Nope. Not happening

I feel pretty comfortable saying once the Stanley Cup is awarded the coaching dominoes will fall pretty quickly, there are an abundance of good coaches available. 

I think the Flyers will hire one of them.

I don't think the waiting is team based but more on the mores of the league which frowns on making news during the finals

Sorry I don't think it's incompetence,  I think it's manners

Edited by mojo1917

5 minutes ago, CoachX said:

I think Trotz is the domino. Vegas is off the table, he will decide soon, then Torts will take over the Flyers

I still say the only way Trotz coaches the Flyers, is if he's made GM, as well. I hope I'm wrong. If he is only given head coaching responsibilities, he might end up quitting fairly quickly, working under Lloyd Christmas and Harry Dunne.

• Like 1

Of course its Tortsie. Who else would a completely inept management team who still thinks it's 1980 hire? Hopefully Homer/Fletcher and Tortorellis sons figure out the NHL has changed, cause they'll likely be the next management.

• Like 3

Well I'm just glad it wasn't Tocchet. 

Look at it this way, maybe Torts rights the ship and all is well. If he fails, well at least it won't be boring. The pressers alone will be worth the price of admission. 

• Like 4

On 6/15/2022 at 10:41 AM, flyercanuck said:

Of course its Tortsie. Who else would a completely inept management team who still thinks it's 1980 hire? Hopefully Homer/Fletcher and Tortorellis sons figure out the NHL has changed, cause they'll likely be the next management.

Again, out of my reactions quota (asinine, but I don't pay the ####ing bills). But terrific post.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, flyer4ever said:

Trotz turned down $7 mil per. Says a lot about the dysfunction in Chuckie junction. Tort signed for 4 per for 4 years.  When do you think he starts to regret it.?

He won't regret it because that's 16 million in the bank for a guy who was out of work (those dogs eat a lot!). He loves to coach and he will love taking this on. 

Giving him 4 years also tells me they will in fact at least try to commit to his philosophy. He's not a temp.   

I think it'll work. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, flyer4ever said:

Trotz turned down $7 mil per. Says a lot about the dysfunction in Chuckie junction. Tort signed for 4 per for 4 years.  When do you think he starts to regret it.?

Trotz can suck moose wang. Tortis was the guy all aong...according to the Bob and Paul show.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, CoachX said:

Trotz can suck moose wang. Tortis was the guy all aong...according to the Bob and Paul show.

Sure...just like Makar was who they wanted all along....except neither Clarke nor Holmgren ever heard of him til he was making highlight reels for the Avs.

Trotz NOT signing goes to show how far this org. has fallen.

35 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Sure...just like Makar was who they wanted all along....except neither Clarke nor Holmgren ever heard of him til he was making highlight reels for the Avs.

I'm not reading too much into Trotz not wanting to coach the Flyers 

The team isn't in a great spot to win championships that is certain.

He doesn't seem to want to be a part of building something again.

There are better situations for a guy that wants to win now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

:ouch: